Windows 10: Computer always Booting on Repair System but still able to start Windows10 in the end

Discus and support Computer always Booting on Repair System but still able to start Windows10 in the end in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Community, I have been facing the following situation for a month and maybe i should adresse it : (Short) windows starts on repair, can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Goldenouille, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Computer always Booting on Repair System but still able to start Windows10 in the end

Hello Community,

I have been facing the following situation for a month and maybe i should adresse it :

(Short) windows starts on repair, can't repair, advanced option proposes to repair from Hard Drive, selecting it leads to normal boot and everything is OK until next boot.

(Note : as a non native english speaker with a non english OS, some wordings might be innacurate)

When booting my computer, it starts on the automatic repair utility, and after a short time, declares that Windows can't be repaired.

I have then access to advanced options, proposing to access a console, try to reinstall, repair from external source, continue and try to boot (which leads to repair again), and more.

When selecting "Repair from external source" then "Repair from a hard drive" .... Windows boots perfectly normally !!

Once Windows is started, everything works like it used to (hours of gaming here i come) until the next reboot (which i don't do often ...)

Next time i shutdown and boot again, same thing. I did it at least 3 or 4 times since the problem appeared

A few keypoints on my setup (please ask me for more info/details as i don't know what would help investigating) :

1 SSD with win10 + 1 HDD working since summer 2018

Problem first encountered mid-january 2019

Prior to the problem, i stopped and disconnected the computer for House rearrangement.

At reconnection, had a small misconnection on alimentation i fixed, then first booted on auto-repair.

I believe there was a Windows Update in the beggining of january, and if so, this event might have been the first reboot since updating.

My understanding of the problem (based on basic windows notions and internet digging) is that the windows booting system is in a messy state that makes him believe a repair is needed, though everything is right, and trying to repair from hard drive bypasses some thing and shortcuts to booting windows10 which works.

Please feel free to ask for details as i didn't gave much (i could give an awfull lot of details on my complete setup but is it really necessary here ?)

:)

Goldenouille, Feb 14, 2019
  2. unbrained Win User

System got stucked to preparing to automatic repair loop after upgrading to windows10

I suggest you to restart the computer once using the power button and check if you are able to boot into desktop.

If the issue still persist, let’s check if you are able to boot into Safe Mode environment to troubleshoot the issue further.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.
    I have the same problem, but in my case I'm able to boot into safe mode. Seeing your suggestion is not a solution, what do I do from there?

unbrained, Feb 14, 2019
  3. Win10 System Repair Disk fails to boot

Hi,

I suggest you to perform start up repair from Windows Recovery Environment.

To get to Windows Startup Settings in the Windows Recovery Environment. You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

If you don't have a disk or USB, download the ISO from a working computer and try creating a bootable disk or USB.

• If you can't start your PC, follow these instructions to get to the Windows Recovery Environment.

• Start your computer from the installation media, Insert the DVD or USB flash drive and restart your computer.

• If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message, you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the DVD or USB.
    • When you see the Install Windows page, tap or click Repair your computer to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click Troubleshoot.

• Tap or click, advanced options and then click on Startup repair.
    After this complete the repair and see if you are able to boot in to your computer.

Try to refer the link, mentioned below for more information.

Windows 10 ISO file Download.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the updated information, in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Computer always Booting on Repair System but still able to start Windows10 in the end

Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Computer always Booting on Repair System but still able to start Windows10 in the end

1. Computer always Booting on Repair System but still able to start Windows10 in the end - Similar Threads - Computer always Booting

2. Not able to repair Windws 11 boot or reinstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to repair Windws 11 boot or reinstall.: I have a multiboot system and accidently the boot sector on a disk and particion managed by Linux Ubuntu, where the Grub was installed. Now windows 11 will not boot, does not appear on the grub menu. I tried to repair this via LINUX grub tool and also using the Windows 11...
  3. Not able to repair Windws 11 boot or reinstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to repair Windws 11 boot or reinstall.: I have a multiboot system and accidently the boot sector on a disk and particion managed by Linux Ubuntu, where the Grub was installed. Now windows 11 will not boot, does not appear on the grub menu. I tried to repair this via LINUX grub tool and also using the Windows 11...
  4. Password Start-Up Repair Issues STILL?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password Start-Up Repair Issues STILL?: Hi,I have a unique question for the community...say you crash explorer.exe due to being stupid and not installing something correctly, and you have, of course, logged into your account via windows 10 after installing ALL latest updates prior to the crash...Suddenly, whilst...
  5. Password Start-Up Repair Issues STILL?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Password Start-Up Repair Issues STILL?: Hi,I have a unique question for the community...say you crash explorer.exe due to being stupid and not installing something correctly, and you have, of course, logged into your account via windows 10 after installing ALL latest updates prior to the crash...Suddenly, whilst...
  6. Password Start-Up Repair Issues STILL?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Windows 10 always starts in auto repair.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 always starts in auto repair.: Hi, recently i got a pc, i decided to use an old HDD drive as extra storage. After connecting it, it seems that it always to start in auto repair. It is not stuck in a loop, it is just really annoying for it to run it. The HDD is from an old laptop, i have checked there is no...
  8. Computer always starts in startup repair

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer always starts in startup repair: So i was using my computer one day downloading some things from steam then suddenly my computer restarts and what i get is startup repair so i go through the whole scan and click finish and so the computer restarts again but boom startup repair again. Is there any way to fix...
  9. Advanced Computer System Repair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Computer System Repair: Ich kündige dieses System. Peter Ballheimer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-computer-system-repair/c25aefcd-c2d9-4954-a92e-715b6b4f41e6"
  10. Automatic Repair Started on Boot?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Automatic Repair Started on Boot?: I updated to Windows 10 about 2 weeks ago. Today on starting the PC, the initial BIOS splash screen displayed a while longer than usual then Windows decided to enter an Automatic Repair. I had this happen about a year ago in Windows 8 so repeated what I did then - I just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer always booting