Windows 10: Computer, and especially WiFi, runs dramatically better in safe mode

Discus and support Computer, and especially WiFi, runs dramatically better in safe mode in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Computer is moderately slow, but the main disturbance is massive ping spikes of multiple seconds. There are 2 WiFis on the computer and the USB one is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GameMusic, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Computer, and especially WiFi, runs dramatically better in safe mode

Computer is moderately slow, but the main disturbance is massive ping spikes of multiple seconds. There are 2 WiFis on the computer and the USB one is more susceptible, no matter which USB port. These lag spikes increase as windows runs.

I have tried manually eliminating various optional services in standard startup, but it never does much. However safe mode completely addresses it, even the non-spike ping is significantly better, and software is faster in every case.

How do I track this down?

I would like to try a selective startup but there are many.

submitted by /u/GameMusic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GameMusic, Dec 13, 2020

2. Safe mode problem

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• By saying that you have a "Safe mode problem," did you mean to say that your computer is stuck in Safe mode or are you unable to boot it to Safe mode?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted to resolve your concern?

If this is caused by recent programs installed on your computer, then we suggest you to run
    System Restore to revert your system files to an earlier date. To run System Restore, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • On the run command box, type "RSTRUI.EXE" and hit enter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Make sure that you choose the restore point date when your computer was working fine. Please be advised that programs and applications installed on your computer after the restore point will be removed.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Dec 13, 2020
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Computer, and especially WiFi, runs dramatically better in safe mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer, and especially WiFi, runs dramatically better in safe mode

1. Computer, and especially WiFi, runs dramatically better in safe mode - Similar Threads - Computer especially WiFi

2. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  3. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  4. My Wifi connection cuts out when I run anything computationally intensive, especially games

My Wifi connection cuts out when I run anything computationally intensive, especially games: I'm running windows 11 on a pc I built about 6 months ago. My internet and everything has been fine until about 2-3 weeks ago. All of a sudden for no reason, the moment i launch a video game, pretty much any video game, my internet just cuts out. It loses connect, and the...
  5. Is S mode better?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is S mode better?: is s mode better for pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-s-mode-better/3309ac54-a62e-48f8-9f65-c55d241a07ea
  6. Is S mode better?

Is S mode better?: is s mode better for pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-s-mode-better/3309ac54-a62e-48f8-9f65-c55d241a07ea
  7. Safe Mode broke computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe Mode broke computer?: So one day I thought turning on safe mode was a good idea to prevent hackers from infiltrating my device and I didn't realize what it would do. IT BROKE MY COMPUTER! Everything was gone my pin my audio devices my files even applications were not even working! I couldn't do...
  8. Safe Mode broke computer?

Safe Mode broke computer?: So one day I thought turning on safe mode was a good idea to prevent hackers from infiltrating my device and I didn't realize what it would do. IT BROKE MY COMPUTER! Everything was gone my pin my audio devices my files even applications were not even working! I couldn't do...
  9. Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode?: Windows Update is currently doing an update but it's really, really slow. In Task Manager Disk is constantly around 100%. I have 3 questions: (1) I was wondering if it's better to perform Windows Updates in Safe Mode with Network? (2) Would it not be faster? (3) I...
  10. Is it better to do a DISK DEFRAG in safe mode?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is it better to do a DISK DEFRAG in safe mode?: Or does it matter? Which do you think would be the most effective or take the shortest time? 46903