Windows 10: Computer and mouse do not work correctly

Discus and support Computer and mouse do not work correctly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Bonjour, I seem to have run into a strange error or path onto my computer.I am unsure of what causes it, but at seemingly random intervals the PC will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Honorfighter00, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Computer and mouse do not work correctly

Bonjour, I seem to have run into a strange error or path onto my computer.I am unsure of what causes it, but at seemingly random intervals the PC will either swap around or misconfigure my keyboard and mouse. What happens is my PC will no longer recognize a standard left-click and it seems to default it as a right click, such as when wanting to move an icon on my desktop it just makes shortcuts and will not click on them.This also happens to my keyboard, my PC will not recognize keyboard input either. I can click on a searchbar and nothing will type out. The only exceptions being keybinds such

:)

Honorfighter00, Jan 30, 2023
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

My mouse is scroll is not working correctly

Hello
    zakkey,

We would like to ask additional questions to isolate the issue and get the right solution for you. Please answer the following questions below:

• Did you notice any recent changes on your PC prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using a different mouse and check if the issue still happens?

In the meantime, I suggest that you follow these steps to troubleshoot mouse issues.

1. Try unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in.
    2. Plug the mouse into a different USB port.
    3. Try the mouse on another computer to verify the issue is not hardware-related.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jan 30, 2023
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Jan 30, 2023
  4. EdMullens Win User

Computer and mouse do not work correctly

Mouse pointer not working correctly

I have tried all of your suggestions all ready but none of them has helped. It all start back in 2017 with a update of windows insider program and I have tried everything that was suggested and nothing works.

EdMullens, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Computer and mouse do not work correctly

1. Computer and mouse do not work correctly - Similar Threads - Computer mouse correctly

2. Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 is not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Wireless Mouse 1000 is not working correctly: I bought a Microsoft package with a wireless mouse and keyboard one year and three months ago. Both worked perfectly until some days ago when the mouse started to work wrongly. It looks like it remains clicking, even though I have already stopped clicking, and some...
  3. Computer and mouse do not work correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer and mouse do not work correctly: Bonjour, I seem to have run into a strange error or path onto my computer.I am unsure of what causes it, but at seemingly random intervals the PC will either swap around or misconfigure my keyboard and mouse. What happens is my PC will no longer recognize a standard...
  4. Computer and mouse do not work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer and mouse do not work correctly: Bonjour, I seem to have run into a strange error or path onto my computer.I am unsure of what causes it, but at seemingly random intervals the PC will either swap around or misconfigure my keyboard and mouse. What happens is my PC will no longer recognize a standard...
  5. Mouse doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse doesn't work correctly: My mouse doesn't seem to respond to movement or clicks. Although it is lit up, nothing seems to be responding. A quick solution to this is unplugging and replugging it back in but there is a good chance it won't work in twenty minutes and I would have to unplug and replug...
  6. Touchpad & mouse not correctly working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad & mouse not correctly working: Hello dear r/Windows10 my girlfriend and i recently bought two identical laptops (Honor Magicbook 14. Which should the be same as the Huawei Matebook 14, but with a 256GB instead of 512GB SSD). And we both have the same problem. The touchpad sometimes just doesn't respond to...
  7. Mouse pointer not working correctly

Mouse pointer not working correctly: No matter where I am on my screen with my mouse, when I click on something to open it my pointer returns to the top of the screen. Could someone please help? This is getting very frustrating...
  8. computer is not working correctly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is not working correctly: I have lost all our Hoyle Games and I keep getting a shut down on my computer. and then when it is rebooting this window.com/stopcode message comes up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-working-correctly/7ee43944-8a80-4131-b841-4530422c1f0b
  9. Bluetooth mouse no longer works correctly

Bluetooth mouse no longer works correctly: Hi, after installing the cumulative update September KB4458469 my Bluetooth mouse connected to my MS Surface 4 frequently hangs and stops working entirely after some minutes. Switching off and on helps for until the next failure. I have already replaced the batteries and...
  10. Computer mouse not working

Computer mouse not working: Hi, so after I downloaded one of the recent Windows 10 updates my mouse has not been able to work. My keyboard works smoothly and ok, just my mouse. I have tried searching up possible resolutions to this problem such as the uninstallation of patch KB4074588 however I cannot...