Windows 10: computer and mouse work fine but i cannot enter type

Discus and support computer and mouse work fine but i cannot enter type in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; cannot enter type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RichardHourigan1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. computer and mouse work fine but i cannot enter type

cannot enter type

:)

RichardHourigan1, Dec 8, 2018

2. Keyboard and Mouse not working

Hello Devendra,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps that you have tried. I suggest you to run Hardware Troubleshooter and check. The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which checks the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues and provides
    the details on how to fix them. Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

• Click on Troubleshooting tab.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

• Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    Do you get any error message when it stops working? Also install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check if it works fine. Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Dec 8, 2018
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 8, 2018
  4. computer and mouse work fine but i cannot enter type

Arc Bluetooth mouse not working properly with Surface 3

Experienced same issue, disconnecting Arc Mouse then reconnect worked fine, but not mouse interaction.

Below steps worked for me:

• Remove all Bluetooth connected devices, including Surface Type Cover and Surface Pen.
    • Disconnected the Surface Type Cover then reconnect. It will reinstall tand connect the device.
    • Then Add Bluetooth devices including Surface Pen and last but not least Arc Bluetooth Mouse.

Everything works fine again.

Wim van Wieren, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

computer and mouse work fine but i cannot enter type

1. computer and mouse work fine but i cannot enter type - Similar Threads - computer mouse fine

2. Cannot enter Savemode - PIN not working cannot enter any

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enter Savemode - PIN not working cannot enter any: HiI can normal login into windows 11 with no issuesBut when i try to enter Safe mode , Windows says, something is wrong with the pin and I cannot enter any. Just can click to make a new PIN, but this also does not work. Windows wants after 2 tries to load an app from the app...
  3. Cannot enter Savemode - PIN not working cannot enter any

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enter Savemode - PIN not working cannot enter any: HiI can normal login into windows 11 with no issuesBut when i try to enter Safe mode , Windows says, something is wrong with the pin and I cannot enter any. Just can click to make a new PIN, but this also does not work. Windows wants after 2 tries to load an app from the app...
  4. Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.: I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha Flex laptop running windows 10. I have not done the Windows 11 upgrade yet out of preference. I originally...
  5. Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Enter Key on Keyboard Partially Works but Enter key on number pad works fine.: I have read through hours of threads and watched hours of YouTube to no avail. One day my enter key simply stopped registering as an enter key on my Samsung Galaxy Alpha Flex laptop running windows 10. I have not done the Windows 11 upgrade yet out of preference. I originally...
  6. Mouse stopped working, but works fine on other computers. USB-port still works for other...

Mouse stopped working, but works fine on other computers. USB-port still works for other...: I have a HP Spectre x360. It's fairly new and runs on Windows 11. I've had it for a few months now, and mainly use it for web browsing, streaming and keeping up with mail and such. I don't use fancy software or download a whole lot of anything. Since this morning, my external...
  7. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...
  8. Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine

Shift and enter key not working, other keys are working fine: For those who have this problem, that is SHIFT and ENTER keys are not working , and if its not hardware issue, try thisPress and hold SHIFT and ENTER key and press TABMake sure you open word or WordPad to test it out if it worked I play games and suddenly I had this problem...
  9. I cannot type 4, 6 and when I type 3, it types an 8 before the 3. All my other keys work fine.

I cannot type 4, 6 and when I type 3, it types an 8 before the 3. All my other keys work fine.: As the title says, I cannot use my upper number keys to type 4, 6 and it types an 8 before every 3 I type, like so: 83. My numpad works fine. What could possibly be the issue here?...
  10. i type on computer but nothing happens keyboard is fine

i type on computer but nothing happens keyboard is fine: i can type on the search window in the start section. but then i can not type anywhere else, like my calendar, email, and other programs. my keyboard works fine, like now, but if i were to go and try to type on the above programs, etc nothing happens....