Windows 10: Computer and Printer Wi-Fi

Discus and support Computer and Printer Wi-Fi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have connected a HP Officejet 4652 printer to my computer (windows 10). Printer worked fine until this week. Now printer indicates it is connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sadierox2015, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Computer and Printer Wi-Fi

I have connected a HP Officejet 4652 printer to my computer (windows 10). Printer worked fine until this week. Now printer indicates it is connected to wireless and wi-fi, but my computer says the printer is off-line. I can pull the printer up on the internet access and connect it, but now it will knock the computer off the internet. My printer works fine then, but I have no internet. When I reconnect the computer to internet access, the printer is again off-line. I have tried ALL HP and Windows suggestions without any success. Can anyone HELP me?

:)

sadierox2015, Feb 8, 2019
  2. Johannes Win User

Printer disconnects from Wi-Fi

Part of an older post 10 Sep 2018 , at the time we were happy that the PC issue was fixed.
    The printer was not the main issue.

The wi-fi connected printer get disconnected from Wi-Fi for no apparent reason.
    Both of our pc's still have the wi-fi connection.
    The only way to re-establish the wi-fi connection to the printer is to disconnect and reconnect the power line.
    Once the connection with printer is re-established, we can repeatedly print again until we stop and the printer sits idle for a night, then the process starts over again.
    I did reinstall the software, but to no avail.
    In the event viewer it states to see trace logging, but I don't know how to find it.

Johannes, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Feb 8, 2019
  4. johnny234 Win User

Computer and Printer Wi-Fi

Windows 10 stop automatically connecting to random new wi-fi networks

Hi,

I have searched a lot, but all the tutorials I found only explained how to not connect automatically to a known wi-fi network or how to disable wi-fi sense... but this is not what I am looking for...

PROBLEM:

• When my laptop (Windows 10 Pro X64) is not connected to a network and the wireless adapter is on, it will automatically connect to any random new unsecured wi-fi network... The only way I have now to avoid this is to disable my wi-fi adapter.

UNUSEFUL TUTORIALS I FOUND ON THE INTERNET:

• How to manually uncheck the option for a particular wi-fi network not to connect automatically in Network Properties. This is not what I am looking for. This would suggest that everytime I power my computer. I would have to manually go through all the available wi-fi networks and unclick them all...
    • How to disable Wi-Fi Sense. This is not useful, because I don't even have a Wi-Fi sense option in my computer where the tutorials say it should be.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR:

• I am looking for an option to tell my computer to stop connecting randomly to unknown wi-fi networks like an hyperactive, reckless idiot.

PERSONAL COMMENT:

• Honestly, why would any respectable company think that it could be somewhat wise or secure to do this... Anyone's computer could just randomly connect to any hacker's wi-fi network without the user even knowing it...

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

johnny234, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Computer and Printer Wi-Fi

1. Computer and Printer Wi-Fi - Similar Threads - Computer Printer

2. Connected printers printing blank pages from only one computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected printers printing blank pages from only one computer.: I have a user who can only print blank pages from their computer. The printers function perfectly for every other person in the building except this one. I have done updates, removed the printer and re-added, manually installed drivers, checked for system file corruption. The...
  3. Connected printers printing blank pages from only one computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connected printers printing blank pages from only one computer.: I have a user who can only print blank pages from their computer. The printers function perfectly for every other person in the building except this one. I have done updates, removed the printer and re-added, manually installed drivers, checked for system file corruption. The...
  4. how do i connect to hp3520 printer from my computer when the printer is already on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i connect to hp3520 printer from my computer when the printer is already on?: how do i get my computer to connect to my hp3520 printer when the printer is already turned on? my computer tells me the printer isnt available when i already have it designated as my default printer....
  5. how do i connect to hp3520 printer from my computer when the printer is already on?

how do i connect to hp3520 printer from my computer when the printer is already on?: how do i get my computer to connect to my hp3520 printer when the printer is already turned on? my computer tells me the printer isnt available when i already have it designated as my default printer....
  6. how do you connect canon printer mx475 to dell computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do you connect canon printer mx475 to dell computer: Apparently need further drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-connect-canon-printer-mx475-to-dell/44ab66f3-079a-4170-bbac-37a9e6268851
  7. how do you connect canon printer mx475 to dell computer

how do you connect canon printer mx475 to dell computer: Apparently need further drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-connect-canon-printer-mx475-to-dell/44ab66f3-079a-4170-bbac-37a9e6268851
  8. Not able to connect Windows 11 Computer to TCP/IP Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to connect Windows 11 Computer to TCP/IP Printer: I work at a co-working space and the printer here is a Canon Image Runner that you connect thru TCP/IP. I set it up a few weeks ago fine and everything worked great until about one week ago it suddenly stopped connecting. Colleagues here at the coworking space print daily...
  9. Not able to connect Windows 11 Computer to TCP/IP Printer

Not able to connect Windows 11 Computer to TCP/IP Printer: I work at a co-working space and the printer here is a Canon Image Runner that you connect thru TCP/IP. I set it up a few weeks ago fine and everything worked great until about one week ago it suddenly stopped connecting. Colleagues here at the coworking space print daily...
  10. Hi, I have a new printer that I cant install on my computer. It is asking for my System...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi, I have a new printer that I cant install on my computer. It is asking for my System...: I cant install my new printer on my computer. The printer is a Canon TS3160. I am using Windows 11 Pro. It is asking for my System Administrator username and password. Please help?...