Windows 10: Computer apparently gone

Discus and support Computer apparently gone in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If there is a specific thread for this problem please make the move My PC seems to have died. I found it shutdown this morning and it would not boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by transmaster, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Computer apparently gone

If there is a specific thread for this problem please make the move

My PC seems to have died. I found it shutdown this morning and it would not boot into windows stopping at the BIOS screen. I plugged in the flash drive full copy of Windows 10 and it would upon reboot it would not start into it's install. Now everything stops at the Megatrend page the F1 command does not start setup. The PC is current on my account page. I disconnect all of the drives except the boot drive still no joy getting it to start a fresh install. The system is 5 years old so if there is no suggested solution to my problem I will just upgrade to a Ryzen based system.

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention both the keyboard and mouse are directly plugged into the PC.

:)

transmaster, Oct 22, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 22, 2020
  3. lbeck Win User
    How do I reformat entire computer?

Update:

• I probably should have taken better notes on what I've already tried
    • I created the USB flash drive as directed in #26. That did indeed install W10
    • I now am at the same point that I described in my post #6, with my drives still being dynamic rather than basic and the following exceptions from my post #6 (not sure)
    - Now all of my data is on the C:\ drive rather than the various folders like "My Documents
    - I apparently need to reinstall my display driver. The display is wonkey (circles are ovals) and I can’t seem to adjust using the settings menu.
    - Other partitions that came installed with my HP notebook like System, Tools, and Recovery now have different drive settings

So I’ve come almost full circle except with a few steps backwards. I’ll try more carefully to follow Post #2 and #7 as suggested. Possibly I missed as step with those earlier. I’ll also check with my other software to see if there is a simpler way to revert my computer back to the way it was out of the box.

lbeck, Oct 22, 2020
  4. swat354 Win User

Computer apparently gone

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Computer apparently gone

1. Computer apparently gone - Similar Threads - Computer apparently gone

2. Computer wont start, partitions apparently gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont start, partitions apparently gone: I posted this last week: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-start-not-even-on-safe-mode-cant/82e71953-46d8-4f70-a3a3-91c0af2163c3Igor's answer worked. I got Windows to work, downloaded my files and it worked fine for a few days. Today it was...
  3. Computer wont start, partitions apparently gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer wont start, partitions apparently gone: I posted this last week: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-wont-start-not-even-on-safe-mode-cant/82e71953-46d8-4f70-a3a3-91c0af2163c3Igor's answer worked. I got Windows to work, downloaded my files and it worked fine for a few days. Today it was...
  4. Computer keeps locking for no apparent reaosn

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer keeps locking for no apparent reaosn: Hey guys. So recently my computer has been locking itself, mostly while playing games. The screen says locking for a split second, then shuts the display off. I cant tell you enough how annoying this is. Even weirder still, when I reboot the computer and enter my pin the only...
  5. Computer Bootup Apparently Stopped by Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer Bootup Apparently Stopped by Microsoft Teams: Hello! My laptop running Windows 10 crashed running EASE software from AMFG. The Task List was frozen as well so I could not just close the program. I did a forced shutdown and then reboot. But now each time I try to reboot it seems to be proceeding normally until the...
  6. OneDrive - several computers apparently linked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive - several computers apparently linked: I only access OneDrive from one, or two computers at the most, but there are about seven linked according to the "PC" button. I also changed the name of my desktop because I bought a new case, but I only see the old name. What should I do to make sure OneDrive is...
  7. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason: Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this...
  8. Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer randomly running slow for no apparent reason: Hi all, so last night i got home and wanted to use my laptop to play league of legends, but then i saw that it was running extremely slow and lagging, almost impossible to navigate the client, anyway im no computer wiz and im struggling to find the answer, i have this...
  9. Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - Update Done and Touchscreen Driver Apparently gone: I updated my computer, and was on the phone for 45 minutes with a rep while we reset my entire system. I went into the Device Manager and looked under Human Interface Devices, and apparently my touchscreen driver is missing. Where can I download the touchscreen driver...
  10. Computer gone 'crazy'

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer gone 'crazy': Hello,Recently I decided to update the system, enabled the update option (for some time it was disabled). The search took a while, and then it started to download - without any option to select which. Then installation started, very slow and long. Restartings started, got a...