Windows 10: Computer Applications only work with one internet network

Discus and support Computer Applications only work with one internet network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, this is a really weird problem I'm having. All of my computer applications (Steam, Discord, Spotify) only work on one of my internet networks. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sparse., Sep 15, 2019.

1. sparse. Win User

Computer Applications only work with one internet network

Hi, this is a really weird problem I'm having. All of my computer applications (Steam, Discord, Spotify) only work on one of my internet networks. If I connect to a different network (which is fully functional) all of these applications say offline. I can still use my browsers fine on these networks, just not the applications. I'm using a Dell XPS 15 if that helps.

:)

sparse., Sep 15, 2019
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Computer Applications only work with one internet network [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Computer Applications only work with one internet network [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Set Broadband Internet Connection Network Configuration

Hi,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, kindly run the
    Network and Internet Troubleshooter
    and check if there's any changes. To run the
    troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Choose
      Network and Internet.

• Run the following
      Troubleshooter:

• Internet Connections.

• Network Adapter.

• Incoming Connections.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to
    renew
    your
    IP address. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type the following command:

• Ipconfig/release
        and hit
        Enter.

• Ipconfig/renew
        and hit
        Enter.

• Exit.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 15, 2019
  4. taward Win User

One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Applications only work with one internet network - Similar Threads - Computer Applications internet

2. My internet isn’t working but only on my one computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet isn’t working but only on my one computer.: Okay so everyone else’s devices for internet including mine besides my computer isnt working. Everytime I log into my internet it says connected but no internet and to log into AT&T my service provider and it says Service unavailable when I do that and I have my hotspot on so...
  3. My internet isn’t working but only on my one computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet isn’t working but only on my one computer.: Okay so everyone else’s devices for internet including mine besides my computer isnt working. Everytime I log into my internet it says connected but no internet and to log into AT&T my service provider and it says Service unavailable when I do that and I have my hotspot on so...
  4. DNS not found only on one computer on one network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DNS not found only on one computer on one network: My Thinkpad running windows 11 system details at bottom has a weird interaction with my netgear router. The router has two channels, one 2Ghz and one 5Ghz. All other devices, including another windows 11 device, have no problems connecting to either channel. Only my Thinkpad...
  5. DNS not found only on one computer on one network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DNS not found only on one computer on one network: My Thinkpad running windows 11 system details at bottom has a weird interaction with my netgear router. The router has two channels, one 2Ghz and one 5Ghz. All other devices, including another windows 11 device, have no problems connecting to either channel. Only my Thinkpad...
  6. Networked computers only one way

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Networked computers only one way: After every Windows10 update, my ethernet stopped functioning. After this last update and a completely clean new install I have just spent hours and hours with different tech support people. The last one admitted that he could not overcome that issue. But he said, since we...
  7. Network of two computers works on one only

Network of two computers works on one only: I have two desktop computers both running Win10 most current connected by two cables to one Xfinity Modem/Router. Some time ago, I set up a Network on both machines. When I open File Explorer on machine "A", I see both "A" and "B" computers and can access any file on both....
  8. Internet on Windows only works with a few applications?

Internet on Windows only works with a few applications?: Hey! My problem is that with my pc running on Windows 10 pro and connected with a LAN cable I only use the internet connection for certain websites. This means that I can open YouTube and Google, but I can't access Epicgames.com or the Epicgames Launcher. Using a WLAN stick...
  9. Network works one way only

Network works one way only: I have two WIN 10 computers connected to modem/router by cable. When I open the network on computer "A", I can get to documents and other files on computer "B". However, when I try to get to the computer "A" from computer "B", the system asks for Network credentials. I don't...
  10. Internet speed unstable on one computer only.

Internet speed unstable on one computer only.: Hi So, I didn’t use my gaming laptop for a month and when I got back to it the internet speed was very unstable. I tried testing it with ookla speedtest and most of the time it shows decent download (60-70mbps) and ok upload (8-10mbps). Sometimes however, when I notice my...