Windows 10: Computer , apps, programs, files not working right, if at all.

Discus and support Computer , apps, programs, files not working right, if at all. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've been having prob;ems with computer running slow, dropping programs, its acting like its infested with every virus known to computerdom. I ran... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mjsnyder54, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Computer , apps, programs, files not working right, if at all.

I've been having prob;ems with computer running slow, dropping programs, its acting like its infested with every virus known to computerdom. I ran avast advanced security guard , but that just pissed it off. I Have kaspersky anti virus, and security cloud with some other stuff buried somewhere in my files. Is there some thing I should do before I install the security programs? Please Help! Thanks, Mjs54

:)

mjsnyder54, Feb 8, 2020

2. Administartor rights lost in program file and program files x86

Hi Luca,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the files and folders on Program file and Program file x86, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you logged in as an administrator?
    • Is this issue specific only to the Programs file and Program file x86 folders?

Step 1: If you have logged-in as an administrator, I suggest you to follow the below steps to give permission for entire system, so that you can access the specific files.

• Right click on the folder and click on
      Properties
    • Click on Security tab and select the
      group\user name.
    • Click on Edit option and check the option
      Full control.
    • Click on Apply and then on
      Ok
      button.

Step 2: Try the following steps and check if it helps:

• Right-click the C: Drive that you want to take ownership of, and then click
      Properties.
    • Click the Security tab, and then click
      OK on the Security message, if one appears.
    • Click Advanced, and then click the
      Owner tab.
    • In the Name list, click your user name,
      Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the
      Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the
      Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.
    • Click OK.

• You may receive the following error message, where
      Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
      You do not have permission to read the co1ntents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press
      Yes.
    6. Click Yes.

7. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

Hope it helps. Try the above and reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Administrator rights blocked on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Joy,

The installation of the said programs may have affected some system files. We suggest running System File Checker (SFC) tool, to resolve this issue. SFC will repair and replace any corrupted or missing system files. Follow the steps below to do so:

• Right-click on Start menu button and select
      Command Prompt.
    • Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    • Wait for the scan to finish and restart your computer.

Let us know if you find this helpful.

Adrianne Buc, Feb 8, 2020
  4. NOPD Win User

Computer , apps, programs, files not working right, if at all.

Programs Missing From Control Panel List

I was able to get rid of XNVIEW by downloading it and using it's own uninstaller.
    Have tried method suggested by Pyramid 10 with photoscape without success.
    Can't figure out how to do what is asked.

Your next suggestion?

NOPD, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Computer , apps, programs, files not working right, if at all.

1. Computer , apps, programs, files not working right, if at all. - Similar Threads - Computer apps programs

2. All windows Apps not working. Regular programs seem unaffected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All windows Apps not working. Regular programs seem unaffected: running windows 10 home on a desktopA day or so ago i tried to open a photo and it didnt seem to open. I did not dwell on it. Today I tried to fix the issue by looking up errors I was havingWhen I was opening up photos the error was "File system error -2147219195"Some of the...
  3. All windows Apps not working. Regular programs seem unaffected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All windows Apps not working. Regular programs seem unaffected: running windows 10 home on a desktopA day or so ago i tried to open a photo and it didnt seem to open. I did not dwell on it. Today I tried to fix the issue by looking up errors I was havingWhen I was opening up photos the error was "File system error -2147219195"Some of the...
  4. Right click not working on files and apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not working on files and apps: I recently updated my windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now my right click is loading too long when I right click files and apps.And I have tried every possible method and still can’t solve it....
  5. File Explorer is not working right.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer is not working right.: With this last windows update: Windows 10 Home 20H2 OS build 19042.685 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 My Windows File Explorer is not working right. If I save a image it takes so long for it to take place now where as before the update it was instant....
  6. Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all: Windows 10 default apps/programs not working at all I have the Windows 10 upgrade on my desktop PC. Recently, the default programs Photo Viewer, Calendar, ms store, feedback hub,and all the program default expect ms edge and chrome have been failing to open. The photo...
  7. "Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs

"Set default programs by app" Not showing all programs: Hi, I have been trying to set the default app for certain file types and having no luck with slightly obscure/unpopular programs. Notepad++ will not appear when I try to set it for .txt files, and MusicBee will not appear for any music file. This happens when trying to...
  8. File Explorer not working right...

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not working right...: I've been doing a lot of picture editing and what I don't need I send to the Recycle Bin, when done I empty it. I've noticed the bin doesn't automatically refresh to show that it is empty like in earlier versions of windows i.e. "3.11, 98, XP, and 7", but will if I manually...
  9. File Explorer not working right...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer not working right...: I've been doing a lot of picture editing and what I don't need I send to the Recycle Bin, when done I empty it. I've noticed the bin doesn't automatically refresh to show that it is empty like in earlier versions of windows i.e. "3.11, 98, XP, and 7", but will if I manually...
  10. How to customise All Apps/Programs

How to customise All Apps/Programs: Hi, the first item in the start menu is "all apps" but it opens in the left of the screen. I would prefer to make it bigger or even full screen like in Windows 8 so that you can see them all a-z, can I do that? I have tried enabling full screen start menu - but it didnt...