Windows 10: Computer asking for Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH

Discus and support Computer asking for Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello r/Windows10 My grandmother was writing in a document, then the PC rebooted and had a black screen with text asking for Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SupSimon, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Computer asking for Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH

Hello r/Windows10

My grandmother was writing in a document, then the PC rebooted and had a black screen with text asking for Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH.

Is it a DVD she recieved when she got the PC? She has no idea herself.

Thanks for future help

submitted by /u/SupSimon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SupSimon, Nov 28, 2020
  2. JimFivash Win User

driver for slimtype dvd a ds8a5sh

My dvd won't work I need a driver for slimtype dvd a ds8a5sh

JimFivash, Nov 28, 2020
  3. DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms

My Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H installed in Asus laptop N55S running windows 10 Home is not recognizing my old Cd's. It shows the message that I should insert a disk. Any help is highly appreciated.

Abdullatif Al Maharfi, Nov 28, 2020
  4. RJohnG Win User

Computer asking for Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH

CD/DVD drive not appearing in File Explorer since latest Windows 10 update

After the latest Windows 10 update (version 1607) on 15/10/16 the CD/DVD drive on my Acer Aspire 4552 laptop does not appear in File Explorer and can't be accessed. The drive, a Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH, is listed in Device Manager with no error alerts. Clicking
    on Properties shows the device working normally. I have tried updating the drivers and windows says I have the latest drivers. I have run the usual troubleshooting methods with no success. The drive spins when I put a CD in and did work in the previous version
    of Windows 10. In Disk Management the drive is listed as Drive 1 but is 'not initialised' (C: is Drive 0). I have checked the pc's BIOS and the drive is listed no 2 in the boot sequence.

Comparing Device Manager on this PC with another, I see there is no category for DVD/CD drives listed on the problem PC. The DVD/CD drive is listed under 'Disk drives'. Does this indicate the source of the problem?

RJohnG, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Computer asking for Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH

1. Computer asking for Slimtype DVD A DS8A5SH - Similar Threads - Computer asking Slimtype

2. Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer: I recently found an old DVD with a film of an anniversary inside. I tried to put it in the dvd player but it didn't start.I then tried to insert it into my laptop's dvd drive, and indeed the disc is detected.The problem is that my disc is a DVD-R and the computer detects it...
  3. Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer: I recently found an old DVD with a film of an anniversary inside. I tried to put it in the dvd player but it didn't start.I then tried to insert it into my laptop's dvd drive, and indeed the disc is detected.The problem is that my disc is a DVD-R and the computer detects it...
  4. Written DVD-R detected as a blank DVD-RW by computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to match preinstalled dvd rescue to the computer 6 DVD 4 computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to match preinstalled dvd rescue to the computer 6 DVD 4 computers: I have 4 dell desktops all have XP home. Home but I have 6 dvd with p/n. On them but I loaded one in and says wrong disk the 2nd try I locked up the computer How do I tell what dvd goes with what computer. All the computers have the windows key on them. I emailed and talked...
  6. How to match preinstalled dvd rescue to the computer 6 DVD 4 computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to match preinstalled dvd rescue to the computer 6 DVD 4 computers: I have 4 dell desktops all have XP home. Home but I have 6 dvd with p/n. On them but I loaded one in and says wrong disk the 2nd try I locked up the computer How do I tell what dvd goes with what computer. All the computers have the windows key on them. I emailed and talked...
  7. Computer asking for password again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer asking for password again: I turned on auto login in netplwiz and shut down my computer. The next day, I was confused why it was asking for my password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-asking-for-password-again/10305011-bbae-4a70-9db8-197f373bce99
  8. DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    DVD dive Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H will not read CD roms: My Slimtype DVD A DS8A55H installed in Asus laptop N55S running windows 10 Home is not recognizing my old Cd's. It shows the message that I should insert a disk. Any help is highly appreciated....
  9. Computer asks for password

Computer asks for password: Hey i rest my computer and now it asks for a password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/computer-asks-for-password/0f2a89fa-576a-4083-8b0e-fd6f8491875f"
  10. Computer asking for password

Computer asking for password: About 2 months ago I turned on my computer and it was asking for an administrator password. I don't have one so I put it in the too hard basket and kept using my ipad instead. Now I have just turned my laptop on to see if it has the same message but instead in the middle of...