Windows 10: Computer asking which OS I want to use when starting the computer

Discus and support Computer asking which OS I want to use when starting the computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Long back story I'll make short. A program I tried to use lodged itself in the boot menu like it was an OS. It's not. The company helped me get rid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MissKathy, Jul 13, 2020.

1. MissKathy Win User

Computer asking which OS I want to use when starting the computer

Long back story I'll make short.

A program I tried to use lodged itself in the boot menu like it was an OS. It's not. The company helped me get rid of that so everything there is fine. But when I start the computer I still get a screen asking me which OS I want to use. Only Windows 10 is listed but I'd like to get rid of that screen so the computer just boots up normally.

How do I do that?

Thanks!

:)

MissKathy, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Asking for Network Credentials when trying to access computer on the network

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are being asked for credentials when trying to access computers on the network. I’ll certainly help you with the issue.

Ideally, when you are asked for credentials, you will need to enter the username and password of the computer which you are trying to access. If you are on a secured network, you can turn off password protected sharing under Network and sharing options
    and you will not be prompted for a password.

If you are unable to access the computer by entering the username and password of the computer, one of thing that I can suggest you is to try entering the Device name and password when you receive the prompt. To check for the Device name, go to
    Start >> Settings >> System >> About.

If that doesn’t work, try the steps mentioned below:

1. On the computer for which you are being asked for password, type
      command prompt in the search bar on the Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon, and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, type whoami and hit
      Enter
    You will get the name of the device, try using the name as the username and use the computer password.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jul 13, 2020
  4. jeffrys Win User

What I want in an OS

"Just click on the Windows Feedback icon in the Start menu, then tell them what you just told us. As Jeff said, if enough of us ask for it, we may just get it."

and then one has to sign in on a MS account and everything gets changed on your computer.....

I have had that and do not want it back to happen Wynona....

Me i want the Charms back and those not wanting it, do not have to use it, right?

About a year ago i suggested here to have some 50 options (or more) to personalise your OS at install time. Then everyone would have what he wants.

Jeff

jeffrys, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer asking which OS I want to use when starting the computer - Similar Threads - Computer asking starting

2. Which is the user appearing when starting computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Which is the user appearing when starting computer: Hello community,I am having trouble with my computer, users, and the domains. I am talking about the computer I use at work; I got it some time ago and I don't really know the settings that were added back then, but I do know that it's not signing to the right domain.When I...
  3. Which is the user appearing when starting computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Which is the user appearing when starting computer: Hello community,I am having trouble with my computer, users, and the domains. I am talking about the computer I use at work; I got it some time ago and I don't really know the settings that were added back then, but I do know that it's not signing to the right domain.When I...
  4. Which is the user appearing when starting computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. which computer is which?

in Windows 10 Customization
    which computer is which?: k75fgin and 6gaecna- one refers to my laptop and one refers to my desktop. Both Windows 10. If I scan a document, my printer asks which one to send the document to. How can I tell which is which?...
  6. which computer is which?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which computer is which?: k75fgin and 6gaecna- one refers to my laptop and one refers to my desktop. Both Windows 10. If I scan a document, my printer asks which one to send the document to. How can I tell which is which?...
  7. which computer is which?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. why is mediacreator asking if I want to update my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    why is mediacreator asking if I want to update my computer?: I have Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 AFAICT that is the newest as of 1/15/2021 all driver, quality, definition and feature as well as "other" are installed. I downloaded mediacreator2 and it is asking if I want to update my computer or create an install for another...
  9. I want there to be no circumstances under which my computer restarts

in Windows 10 Support
    I want there to be no circumstances under which my computer restarts: Look, I cannot arrive at work in the morning and my computer has reset itself and I lost the things I was working on. How do I do this? 116034
  10. When I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use

in Browsers and Email
    When I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use: Whenever I open a link in email I get asked which browser I want to use. I have selected Explorer as my default browser and I keep checking the box that says "always use this app" It is very frustrating. How do I make Windows 10 understand that I always want to use IE. 33493