Windows 10: Computer asks for Key board layout on startup

Discus and support Computer asks for Key board layout on startup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to an SSD hard drive and installed it using a clone of my old drive. Now the computer asks for a keyboard layout every time it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Richard ES, Jul 10, 2019.

1. Computer asks for Key board layout on startup

I recently upgraded to an SSD hard drive and installed it using a clone of my old drive. Now the computer asks for a keyboard layout every time it starts up. How can I get it to remember my keyboard layout?

:)

Richard ES, Jul 10, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Asking about key board settings,

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all
      option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and Devices.

And also try using On-Screen keyboard and check if it helps.

Method 2: You may check if the Ctrl key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Jul 10, 2019
  3. Help me choose an mATX AM2 board

I wasn't really asking for new suggestions. Would like input on the boards I listed.

GJSNeptune, Jul 10, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Computer asks for Key board layout on startup

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Computer asks for Key board layout on startup

1. Computer asks for Key board layout on startup - Similar Threads - Computer asks Key

2. Key board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key board: While i was in class i was trying to ask a question so i was going to put a question mark, but it was _ this key and if i wanted to do that key its a question mark instead. how do i fix this?...
  3. key board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    key board: Using window 10 so any time i want to type a word it is always giving me two words for example if i want to type d it giving me sd,or if l want to type e it giving me rt vice versa...
  4. key board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key board: Using window 10 so any time i want to type a word it is always giving me two words for example if i want to type d it giving me sd,or if l want to type e it giving me rt vice versa...
  5. key board

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    key board: hi am using window 10 so any time i want to type a word it is always giving me two words for example if i want to type d it giving me ds,or if l want to type e it giving me ew vice versa...
  6. key board layout for Hindi

in Windows 10 Customization
    key board layout for Hindi: I want to know which alphabet is assigned to which key for Hindi and Marathi Language. Can somebody please get this information? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board-layout-for-hindi/8b4c1f40-ba34-4b1c-91f7-04b5eae187d2
  7. Why key board layout switched suddenly?

Why key board layout switched suddenly?: Grrr just had a go with gmail re locked thread.... I wanted to reply to a solution re quotation marks swapped with the "@" .... I found the thread in this forum but as stated it is locked! So I need to use a new question! Some of the solutions were quite daunting for the...
  8. Key board

Key board: My key board can not type h and g but toucan key pad is ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board/b6cd9b99-fcc6-4e1c-ad7f-f77ef73c6691
  9. KEY BOARD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KEY BOARD: I cant type properly the special characters and symbol that show in the keyboard when I pressed show up a different sign https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/key-board/09f39dbf-a83b-4e45-a773-05e4e70e76bf
  10. key board

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    key board: Hi On my asus laptop keyboard the sound does not open it opens my gmail the bright and dim opens my search engine they are not functioning right i uninstalled and reinstalled same thing happens? Thank you TIMMY...