Windows 10: Computer asks for password

Discus and support Computer asks for password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hey i rest my computer and now it asks for a password... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by burakyildiz1, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Computer asks for password

Hey i rest my computer and now it asks for a password

:)

burakyildiz1, Jul 19, 2018

2. OK, Password problem...Mint

Reset forgotten/lost main user password in Linux Mint - Linux Mint Community
    You can reset your password following the next steps:

• Reboot your computer / Turn your computer on.
    • Hold down the Shift key at the start of the boot process to enable the GNU GRUB boot menu (if it does not show)
    • Press ESC at the GNU GRUB prompt.
    • Press e for edit.
    • Use the Arrow keys to highlight the line that begins with kernel and press the e key.
    • Go to the very end of the line and add rw init=/bin/bash
    • Press Enter and then press b to boot your system.
    • Your system will boot up to a passwordless root shell.
    • Type in passwd yourusername
    • Set your new password.
    • Restart your system.

ChevyOwner, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Computer asking for password

Hi Carolyn,

If you are using your Microsoft account as login to your Windows 10 PC, you can reset it by following the steps provided in this support article on

how to reset your Microsoft account password

If you are using a local user account and forgot the password, you can select the
    Reset password link on the sign-in screen upon entering an invalid password. This will appear if you previously setup security questions for your local user account.

If the recommendations above is not applicable, you might need to reset your PC to continue using it. This will remove all of your data, programs, and settings. Kindly follow these steps:

• Start your PC and select the Power icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the lock screen.
    • While holding down the Shift key, select Restart.
    • On the Boot options menu, select Troubleshoot >
      Reset this PC > Remove everything.
    • Your PC will restart and will reset itself.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Saja67 Win User

Computer asks for password

Bitlocker not asking for password set up

I have the same problem as David with bitlocker set-up not asking me for a password. Following the instructions in the article suggested by Jennifer does not help as it assumes that I will be prompted to enter a password - the set up skips that step going
    straight to the options for saving the recovery key. Once (supposedly) encrypted, I can restart my computer without having to enter anything apart from my microsoft password so I do not have any additional security at all.

Saja67, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Computer asks for password

1. Computer asks for password - Similar Threads - Computer asks password

2. New computer is asking for a password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  3. New computer is asking for a password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New computer is asking for a password.: My kids received laptops yesterday that were brand new but when they turned them on the computers say Owner and is requesting a password. I have no clue why it’s asking for that on brand new laptops....
  4. Computer asking for password again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer asking for password again: I turned on auto login in netplwiz and shut down my computer. The next day, I was confused why it was asking for my password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-asking-for-password-again/10305011-bbae-4a70-9db8-197f373bce99
  5. Computer asking for password again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer asking for password again: I turned on auto login in netplwiz and shut down my computer. The next day, I was confused why it was asking for my password again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-asking-for-password-again/10305011-bbae-4a70-9db8-197f373bce99
  6. Computer asking for password again

7. My computer asking username and password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My computer asking username and password: Hello there I have my laptop every time to click it it asks for username and password to login to my laptop my username is jacksant000 I know usernames and passwords my password is ant21 I typed my password in and waiting to login please fix this...
  8. My computer asking username and password

My computer asking username and password: Hello there I have my laptop every time to click it it asks for username and password to login to my laptop my username is jacksant000 I know usernames and passwords my password is ant21 I typed my password in and waiting to login please fix this...
  9. Computer asking for password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer asking for password: About 2 months ago I turned on my computer and it was asking for an administrator password. I don't have one so I put it in the too hard basket and kept using my ipad instead. Now I have just turned my laptop on to see if it has the same message but instead in the middle of...
  10. dell computer asking for startup password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    dell computer asking for startup password: never seen this before 85055