Windows 10: Computer audio and drive port problems

Discus and support Computer audio and drive port problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my computer audio sytem is not working, also my computer is not recognizing external Drives.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by julioniebla, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Computer audio and drive port problems

my computer audio sytem is not working, also my computer is not recognizing external Drives.

:)

julioniebla, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Computer audio and drive port problems [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Dec 7, 2019
  3. Jetster Win User
    Need some advice on computer problems.

Run HDtune (free version) on you hard drive. but most likely that the problem. You can also test your memory with Memtest86 as suggested above

You didn't list your OS

Jetster, Dec 7, 2019
  4. SVLingam Win User

Computer audio and drive port problems

My Seagate external hard drive is not detected when plugged in to USB port of my laptop using windows 10?

Thanks for your response.

I have tried all the steps provided, however in vain. The external hard drive is not identified at all in any of the the USB ports when connected. The USB ports identify other external Flash drives and devices. However this drive is detected in another laptop
    using Windows 7 OS. Please advise further.

Regards

SVLingam, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

Computer audio and drive port problems

1. Computer audio and drive port problems - Similar Threads - Computer audio drive

2. Audio Ports not working???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Ports not working???: Hello,I built in the middle of October my PC and everything is running fine, the only problem is that it only recognises USB and HDMI audio devices. I tried everything with installing the Drivers of the manufacturer, checked the BIOS settings and even updated the BIOS to the...
  3. Audio Ports not working???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Ports not working???: Hello,I built in the middle of October my PC and everything is running fine, the only problem is that it only recognises USB and HDMI audio devices. I tried everything with installing the Drivers of the manufacturer, checked the BIOS settings and even updated the BIOS to the...
  4. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio ports not working: I've bought a used PC and on the first day of using it 5 days ago, the headphones I was using worked just fine. However, 3 days ago, my headphones stopped working. I thought it was just a headphone issue, so I plugged it into my phone, and it worked perfectly there. So I...
  5. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio ports not working: I've bought a used PC and on the first day of using it 5 days ago, the headphones I was using worked just fine. However, 3 days ago, my headphones stopped working. I thought it was just a headphone issue, so I plugged it into my phone, and it worked perfectly there. So I...
  6. Problems with my audio, USB ports and Bluetooth.

Problems with my audio, USB ports and Bluetooth.: My computer has no sound. It displays a red 'X' on the speaker sign at the lower right corner, and says no audio output devices installed. I have tried to update it but still it does not work. I have even tried to download another audio device but still no change. To the...
  7. Audio ports not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio ports not working: My headphones are not showing up in output. It used to show up as "NVIDIA High definition audio" but randomly NVIDIA HD audio switched to my monitor speakers. I think that my audio port for my headphones is broken or messed up. Any suggestions?[ATTACH]...
  8. audio drive problem

audio drive problem: I have troble with audio drive . i have below error Installed audio devices This file contains the details stored in the registry for all installed audio devices. File Name: Registry log.txt Collection information Computer Name: DESKTOP-88MT049 Windows Version: 10.0...
  9. problem with audio on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with audio on my computer: since i installed the latest windows 10 have lost my audio. keeps telling me that there is no audio output device installed. can anyone help me please. The make is Intel Education Tablet, IntelR Atom TM X5-Z8350 CPU- 1.44GHZ : AUDIO- Intel SST audio devicewmd...
  10. Audio drive problems, is it be repaired?

Audio drive problems, is it be repaired?: Hi, thank you but wont it be impossible now as I can’t go online? Basically all I can do now is use the puter to charge my phone. Is there anything I can do to fix it offline? I can see previous version of windows in my temp files , is this something I can access? Press the...