Computer audio out suddenly sounds very weak

Discus and support Computer audio out suddenly sounds very weak in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, My Pc was running fine this week. When I started work today, I noticed the speakers and headphones were weak. I've tried connecting them to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Jun 3, 2018.

1. mystvearn Win User

Hi,

My Pc was running fine this week. When I started work today, I noticed the speakers and headphones were weak. I've tried connecting them to my phone and the speakers and headphones are fine. It is the audio out from the back of the pc. I have turned the volume to max on the pc, turned the volume in the settings to max and I can only listen to it softly but now with noise. I usually leave my volume settings at middle and control the sound using the keyboard onboard controls. I've tried restarting the pc, but the problem still remains. Does anyone know what is the problem with it?

:)

mystvearn, Jun 3, 2018
  2. Santosh_Rai Win User

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer audio out suddenly sounds very weak - Similar Threads - Computer audio suddenly

2. Rundll.32, Is my computer infected by a virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rundll.32, Is my computer infected by a virus?: I am using Windows 10. When I am Ejecting(safely removing) a pendrive or SD card adaptor and notification is coming on right bottom corner mentioning "Windows host process (Rundll32) as shown in image. As far as I remember, this line was not coming before. Is my computer...
  3. Getting “the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10” even though...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Getting “the remote computer requires network level authentication windows 10” even though...: On 3 different Win10 local machines I am using the same RDP connection file (where I have added enablecredsspsupport:i:0 and authentication level:i:2 to disable sending credentials before the connection is initiated). 2 of the machines connect successfully (and allow me to...
  4. Unable to reset my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reset my computer: Hello! I was making this question as I was wondering how to reset my PC. I plan on selling it to a friend so naturally I wanted to wipe the hard drive so that it could be fresh and work properly. However when I go into the settings and go to reset the PC, every time it has...
  5. computer has password bug not recognising

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer has password bug not recognising: my computer is not recognising my password...is profile compromised? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/computer-has-password-bug-not-recognising/04572c79-dc6e-4779-b035-4d58e431a9b7
  6. computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer stuttering when second moniter is hooked up but only when i move my mouse: So I have an extra monitor and when I hook it up it causes my computer to freeze every 2 seconds for about a second but ONLY when I move my mouse, if I keep my mouse still it works fine, iv tried unhooking the main monitor to see if it would do that on just the extra monitor...
  7. Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound: Audio appears to work, but I hear no sound. The volume mixer shows when there is sound, but no sound comes out of speakers. When I look at sound, I can test the speakers and they work. But when I changes the Intel Display Audio to the speakers, there is nothing. I can...
  8. Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi: A computer that, for as long as we've had it - 2-3 years I think - has printed fine on our shared home printer, now cannot. The computer in question is a Windows 10 computer. The printer is Canon iP4800, that is USB connected to a Windows 7 computer, but accessed through...
  9. HDMI sound issues

HDMI sound issues: HP pavillion, i3 chip running windows 10 up to date as of today and on checking showing no available updaates. NO sound running from HDMI cable to TV. Realtec drivers up to date and checked. SOund settings showing only realtec high definition speakers, no option for digital...
  10. Bluetooth audio lag

Bluetooth audio lag: I have some issues with the audioquality. Using a SurfaceBook2 and Boose QuietComfort. Everytime the computer has been in sleepmode the audio "lag". It's like the sound "snaps" for like half a second, about every 10-20 second. There are two workarounds that i've found that...