Computer audio out suddenly sounds very weak

Discus and support Computer audio out suddenly sounds very weak in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Hi, My Pc was running fine this week. When I started work today, I noticed the speakers and headphones were weak. I've tried connecting them to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mystvearn, Jun 4, 2018.

1. mystvearn Win User

Hi,

My Pc was running fine this week. When I started work today, I noticed the speakers and headphones were weak. I've tried connecting them to my phone and the speakers and headphones are fine. It is the audio out from the back of the pc. I have turned the volume to max on the pc, turned the volume in the settings to max and I can only listen to it softly but now with noise. I usually leave my volume settings at middle and control the sound using the keyboard onboard controls. I've tried restarting the pc, but the problem still remains. Does anyone know what is the problem with it?

:)

mystvearn, Jun 4, 2018
  2. Santosh_Rai Win User

No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jun 4, 2018
  3. Deepika Gowda Win User
    Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As the above description is not clear, do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the exactly issue you are facing with audio and how exactly are you trying to access it?
    • What exactly do you mean by: Have windows 10, and suddenly my audio stopped?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system, prior to this issue?

I suggest you to install all the pending updates and audio drivers and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the audio drivers from Device Manager and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start
      button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on
      High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Also, try to search for the drivers with the help of model number of your computer from the Manufacturer’s website and install them.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer audio out suddenly sounds very weak - Similar Threads - Computer audio suddenly

1. Kindle will not connect to computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Kindle will not connect to computer: Since the latest Windows 10 update I have been unable to download ebooks from my computer to my kindle. I last transferred a book just before the update, so I am sure that is the problem. The kindle connects to the computer. The light on the kindle shows it connected and it...
  2. How do I seize control of my computer from Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I seize control of my computer from Microsoft?: I am so mad right now I cannot think straight. I hate MS photo viewer!!!! I hate Groove Music!!!! Up until today I used Irfanview for all image files. Up until today I used Microsoft Media Player as default music program. *Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad In Settings >Apps> Default...
  3. Computer does not recognise Audio CDs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer does not recognise Audio CDs: Alright, so today I got myself a brand new album in CD, went home only to realize that it doesn't seem to be recognized by my DVD drive. I tried some other albums to see if it was a problem with the CD itself and the problem persisted. My DVD drive has an issue where it's...
  4. Audio programs fail after computer returns from screensaver

Audio programs fail after computer returns from screensaver: This problem has been driving me crazy. After my laptop goes to screensaver, the music continues to play, when I enter my pin it will stop and hitting the play button keeps it on zero with no playback. It would also happen that if I had an Aux cable connected and...
  5. Wi-Fi and audio drivers keep breaking, a new computer.

Wi-Fi and audio drivers keep breaking, a new computer.: Hi! I have just (well 4 weeks ago) bought a DELL XPS8700. New (from a 3rd party distributor). It came with Windows 10. Now right after I went through startup config routine, I went on-line to download Firefox (from Mozilla website, not some 3rd party, so....). At...
  6. How can I get the conexant audio drivers on my computer back?

How can I get the conexant audio drivers on my computer back?: I have a very old laptop (Satellite L655-S5150), and I upgraded to windows 10. I had to reset my PC and everything was working, but I was missing the conexant audio equalizer program. Whenever I try to update my drivers, nothing happens, so is there a way I can find the...
  7. Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audio driver preventing computer from sleeping: Hi there, I have an audio driver that is preventing my pc from going to sleep. When I run powercfg /requests it gives the following: DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: [DRIVER] VIA HD Audio (HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0397&SUBSYS_1043836C&REV_1000\4&4ac9a6c&0&0001) An...