Windows 10: Computer audio sounds all messed up after i updated my sound driver.

Discus and support Computer audio sounds all messed up after i updated my sound driver. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi its Bill, greetings from Australia! who‘’s born in china (so please don't mind the grammar mistakes.) Well straight to the point is that, I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bill_228, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Bill_228 Win User

Computer audio sounds all messed up after i updated my sound driver.

Hi its Bill, greetings from Australia! who‘’s born in china (so please don't mind the grammar mistakes.)
    Well straight to the point is that, I've purchased a brand new headset from a store, and as i plugged the wires in nice and well to the back side of the computer allocated in both of the holes colored green and pink. The microphone seems to NOT work. It WON'T input any sounds.

I may have not gave it a complete thorough look into the settings or privacy as such. I headed to the device management, under the group of Sound, video and game controllers, I've selected the sound card Realtek high definition audio, and i UPDATED that driver, which soon lead to another whole new disaster after a quick restart.

The audio itself, the sound that i'm hearing from the head set is totally messed up, i can hear sounds, but the songs and music i would listen too are all distorted and unclear and even silenced.

So i have two sound drivers, ones got the output bringing sounds from the monitor which is connected with a hdmi wire. the other one which will be speakers/headphones (realtek audio) is the sound driver i'm experiencing the issues on.

Some solutions i tried were:
    1: back rolling to the previous driver version, which made NO change to the current issue.

2. uninstalled the current Realtek high definition audio, and went to the website searching up for a new driver for me to install. but turns out it is OUTDATED. The version date shown to me is the 6/14/2017 , and the version is somehow 6.0.1.8186, and after the update to that driver, it STILL appears OUTDATED.

3. I've also tried the basic troubleshooting, no adjustments made.

There's got to be a way, there's got to be a solution due to this issue, please please help me out here!

:)

Bill_228, Nov 29, 2019
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Nov 29, 2019
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Sound driver off

Hi,

It's possible that your sound driver was turned off by a third-party application. To fix it, we suggest that you use the built-in Windows 10 audio troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot and press Enter.
    • Click Playing Audio.
    • Click Run the troubleshooter.

If in case the audio troubleshooter doesn't work, use the other steps in this
    article
    . Just click the drop-down arrow and select the other choices offered.

Let us know if you're able to restore the sound on your computer after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Computer audio sounds all messed up after i updated my sound driver.

NO sound in windows 10 after update audio driver.

Hey
    RabiulHasanCTG
    , so sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Windows 10. I'll give you a few suggestions. I'll go ahead and assume that you already tried the step conorgdaly suggested below and not repeat that
    step to try. I hope this helps.

How to fix No Sound on Windows 10 issue

Try this method for restoring sound:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.

Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.

Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.

If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:

Step 1: Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.

Step 2: Expand Sound and audio devices.

Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.

Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.

That's it. Your computer speakers should now be able to play sound normally. If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

Also, here is a site with good steps for troubleshooting audio.

Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Computer audio sounds all messed up after i updated my sound driver.

1. Computer audio sounds all messed up after i updated my sound driver. - Similar Threads - Computer audio sounds

2. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  3. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My sound driver or something is completely messed up.: I about had it with this laptop of mine. All because of the stupid inconvenient sounds. Don't know if it is the driver or what is it.List of problem:1. Cannot use mic simultaneously- This happens mainly with my earbuds with a connected mic. Most of the time the mic doesn't...
  4. My sound driver or something is completely messed up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is my sound bugged or is my sound card messed up?: Is my sound bugged or is the card messed up? My sound was working fine then suddenly one day I turned off bluetooth to disconnect from my bluetooth speaker and my laptop’s sound didn’t work, even when plugging in headphones. I restarted and it still didn’t work, and when I...
  6. NO AUDIO after updating sound driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NO AUDIO after updating sound driver: Hello. I've recently installed the newest Realtek Audio Driver, but then my audio simply stopped working. There's audio going up on my mixer, but nothing comes off from my headphone or speaker. I've tried uninstalling the driver and installing all again. But nothing...
  7. Sound and audio mess

Sound and audio mess: My speakers and microphone are suddenly not working. I have troubleshot both with no luck, and reinstalled the sound driver, which also didn't work. Any ideas? This is driving me crazy!!...
  8. Audio sounds horrible after driver update

Audio sounds horrible after driver update: Earlier I updated some of my drivers including audio device drivers (Realtek Audio 6.0.1.8475), but since I updated it, my audio has sounded horrible and I haven't been able to fix it. For some reason now voices are absurdly quiet on everything, games, music, videos, etc....
  9. Windows Update messed up my sound

Windows Update messed up my sound: Hello, I updated my Windows 10 installation; "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809" on 10/3/19. Ever since then, my sound card has been playing up. I have been running the same card on the same motherboard, with the same settings, on the same installation of Windows...
  10. My sound is messed up all distorted

My sound is messed up all distorted: I have a hp pavilion elite m9405f pc running windows 1p after an update the sound satrted being wierd crackling and distortions i figure the soundbwould be fixed by now i checked the my dual boot of the original vista os and the sounds fine fix this problem please....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is the sound messed up on philo

2. audio on my computer is messed up

3. high def audio input output drivers windows10 64bit