Windows 10: Computer automatically mutes sound at startup

Discus and support Computer automatically mutes sound at startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My work-issued laptop (HP ELiteBook 840 G3) automatically mutes sound whenever I log in. Running Windows 10 Enterprise, with whatever update my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Livingston 795, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Computer automatically mutes sound at startup

My work-issued laptop (HP ELiteBook 840 G3) automatically mutes sound whenever I log in. Running Windows 10 Enterprise, with whatever update my employer has "pushed out" to it -- I don't have user rights to run Windows Update.

I can manually turn the sound back on, but if I log off or restart, it comes up "muted" again. Can't find anything in the Sound control panel to change it. Is that some thing a general user without administrative privileges can change?

:)

John Livingston 795, Mar 18, 2019

2. Sounds mutes automatically

Hello,

I request you to try the methods below:

Method 1:

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then
      remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Mar 18, 2019
  3. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 18, 2019
  4. Computer automatically mutes sound at startup

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 18, 2019
Thema:

Computer automatically mutes sound at startup

1. Computer automatically mutes sound at startup - Similar Threads - Computer automatically mutes

2. Sounds get automatically muted when in a call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sounds get automatically muted when in a call: Hi, My app volumes all automatically gets muted when I'm in a call with someone I'm using discord when I/people inside the call talk windows just automatically mute all other apps volume, is there any way to turn it off? I'm on windows 11 btw...
  3. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  4. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

Sound muting and unmuting automatically: My new PC keeps muting the sound and unmuting it automatically. I have searched forums and websites, but none have the answer. How do I stop this from happening?...
  5. Sound muting and unmuting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. sound automatic goes to mute.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound automatic goes to mute.: i am facing a issue my soun level auto goes to 0, when i increase it then aslo it back to 0. i updated bios to fix it. but no solution please help.my laptop is asus vivobook x512fa i3 10th gen windows 11. when i used troubleshoot this appeared....
  7. sound automatic goes to mute.

sound automatic goes to mute.: i am facing a issue my soun level auto goes to 0, when i increase it then aslo it back to 0. i updated bios to fix it. but no solution please help.my laptop is asus vivobook x512fa i3 10th gen windows 11. when i used troubleshoot this appeared....
  8. Computer sound input is muted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer sound input is muted: Why did sound reception mute? George https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sound-input-is-muted/974bbcdc-ca6d-4985-8bc5-d525321edbad
  9. Speaker automatically mutes sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker automatically mutes sound?: Hello Hello, i listen to music via bluetooth with my devil speaker over youtube (chrome) and everything works fine. But when I am on another page in Firefox and e.g. a video is playing which I pause or switch off, the sound of Chrome is automatically switched off. Not...
  10. Sound muted at startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound muted at startup: Since I installed Windows 10, whenever I start my laptop the sound is muted by default. It doesn't happen with a restart, only when starting after a shut down. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know it's a first world problem, but it's annoying. 32520

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whenever I start Netflix on my computer it mutes everything else

2. hp laptop automatically mutes me

3. computer automatically mutes sound

4. automatically muting computer on startup