Windows 10: Computer automatically pins Microsoft Edge and Xbox to my taskbar every time I turn on my...

Discus and support Computer automatically pins Microsoft Edge and Xbox to my taskbar every time I turn on my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer automatically Pins Microsoft Edge and Xbox to my taskbar every time I turn on my computer. I don't know how to fix it and I was hopping I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HoliMoliZ, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Computer automatically pins Microsoft Edge and Xbox to my taskbar every time I turn on my...

My computer automatically Pins Microsoft Edge and Xbox to my taskbar every time I turn on my computer. I don't know how to fix it and I was hopping I could find some help here

submitted by /u/HoliMoliZ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HoliMoliZ, Mar 19, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

Hi,

It's possible that you're not able to pin Edge to the taskbar due to some corrupted system files. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is currently on your computer? To check, click
      Start, type winver, and press Enter.
    • Does this only happen to Edge? Have you tried pinning other apps to the taskbar?
    • What are all of the troubleshooting steps that you've done? Please list all of them so that we could move on to the next steps.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 19, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    Pin Microsoft Edge to Taskbar

We appreciate the information you've provided. The latest build for version 1703 is 15063.483, so if you don't have the latest build installed, we suggest installing them by going to
    Settings > Update & Security > Check for Updates.

This could also happen if you have any programs that modify how Windows normally looks that might override the Pin to Taskbar function. To find out if any other programs are preventing you from pinning Edge to the taskbar, perform a clean boot. This will
    load Windows with minimal drivers and programs, minimizing the risk of software conflicts. Check if you could pin Edge to the taskbar while in a clean boot environment by following the steps

here

Note: To return your computer back to normal, check the section How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting.

We'd also recommend creating a new user profile to check if this is caused by a corrupted user profile. You may find the steps for doing that through this link.

Let us know if you're able to pin Edge to the taskbar after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Mar 19, 2021
  4. Computer automatically pins Microsoft Edge and Xbox to my taskbar every time I turn on my...

Trying to pin 'Microsoft Edge' to taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the issue that you are facing currently, and we in Community will try to resolve your issue the best way we can.

I would like to suggest that you follow the steps below to resolve your issue:

• Go to task manager. (To open press ctrl+alt+delete)
    • Click on Details, select explorer.exe and click End Task.
    • Go to file, located on the top left corner of task manager
    • Type explorer.exe and click on OK.
    Try to pin Edge to taskbar and check if the issue still persist.

Hope this information helps and let us know the status of the issue we will be glad to help you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Computer automatically pins Microsoft Edge and Xbox to my taskbar every time I turn on my...

1. Computer automatically pins Microsoft Edge and Xbox to my taskbar every time I turn on my... - Similar Threads - Computer automatically pins

2. Taskbar disappeared every time I turn on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappeared every time I turn on my PC: Hi every bodyA few days ago, my PC got an issue. Every time I turn my PC on, taskbar is disappeared. I have to go into Task Manager and restart Windows Explorer.How can I check what wrong with my PC and fix it ?...
  3. Taskbar disappeared every time I turn on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappeared every time I turn on my PC: Hi every bodyA few days ago, my PC got an issue. Every time I turn my PC on, taskbar is disappeared. I have to go into Task Manager and restart Windows Explorer.How can I check what wrong with my PC and fix it ?...
  4. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  5. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

My computer freezes every time I turn it on: Hello,I have an Acer Aspire E1-572G laptop. When I turn on the PC, it freezes and becomes unresponsive I checked Task Manager and ı saw Disk usage or CPU usage reaches 100%. In my opinion, the problem is with Windows because I have Linux software installed as well, and it is...
  6. My computer freezes every time I turn it on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password

Every time I turn off my computer, it automatically unlocks without needing a password: Every time I turn off my computer Sleep and Hibernate and then open it again, it automatically unlocks without needing a password.I know that this is the setting to change it but even though I always set it to When PC wakes up from sleep, it keeps reverting back to the Never...
  8. Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft edge pinning itself invisibly to my taskbar.: Hello, my computer forced me to update today and when i opened it it decided to bring up Edge n it wouldn't leave until i closed it with task manager. Then unpinned it but there was a space still there. and sure enough, when i right click that "free" space Microsoft edge is...
  9. Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Chkdsk runs every time I turn on my computer: I can even use a restore point because it says there is an error. I ran through the cmd prompt (as administrator) and it says 0 bad sectors. Am I missing something? Is my ssd bad? Do I have to reset windows? I have a samsung Evo ssd if that matters submitted by /u/Oceirot...
  10. My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer seems to restart every time I turn it on.: My computer had already been acting slower than usual and there were occasional freezes, but other than that it was totally fine. One day, I had pressed update and shut down on my computer as I was about to go to bed. When I woke up, my computer had lost all its file...