Windows 10: Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program

Discus and support Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I have recently upgraded my computer to an AMD 5800x from an i7 7700k. As soon as I did that my Windows started black screening and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Laggifried, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program

Hello everyone! I have recently upgraded my computer to an AMD 5800x from an i7 7700k. As soon as I did that my Windows started black screening and restarting anytime I try to open a game or program. I already reinstalled windows and the issue persisted. If anyone has an idea on what the issue is you’re help would be greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/Laggifried
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Laggifried, Jan 16, 2021

2. Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Computer mysteriously restarts....

Here you go

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

Click the Advanced tab.

Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

randomperson21, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program

1. Computer automatically restarting upon opening a program - Similar Threads - Computer automatically restarting

2. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop: If the pc is already running then I restart the computer, the next time I reach the desktop, no programs function anymore not even shutdown, restart. I can't open any programs/app AFTER 10-15s upon reaching the desktop. During that 10-15s period I can open any program fine,...
  3. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop: If the pc is already running then I restart the computer, the next time I reach the desktop, no programs function anymore not even shutdown, restart. I can't open any programs/app AFTER 10-15s upon reaching the desktop. During that 10-15s period I can open any program fine,...
  4. Restarting computer makes the window programs unresponsive upon reaching the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. computer restarting automatically

computer restarting automatically: Its insane whenever I do something on my machine it will restart automatically. I need a big help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarting-automatically/fef284e1-a06e-4c7a-b284-e73edba6456b
  6. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer restarting automatically: Its insane whenever I do something on my machine it will restart automatically. I need a big help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarting-automatically/fef284e1-a06e-4c7a-b284-e73edba6456b
  7. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Automatically open application upon device plug-in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically open application upon device plug-in?: There has been a topic troubling me for a while that I really want to find an answer to.Companies like Razer, SteelSeries and other vendors are able to manufacture devices like keyboards and mice which will automatically run an application when plugged into a PC - this is...
  9. computer restarted automatically

computer restarted automatically: here is the text from event log can anyone tell what could have caused it Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 29-10-2020 10.27.59 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords:...
  10. Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown

Desktop Restarts Automatically Upon Shutdown: Each time I shutdown my computer, after a second or two, it restarts by itself. How do I prevent this from recurring? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/desktop-restarts-automatically-upon-shutdown/a4adf780-aac1-48b3-aecc-9cca6804e9eb