Windows 10: Computer automatically restarts.

Discus and support Computer automatically restarts. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi All. I would very much appreciate some help on this one. I am having an intermittent issue where my computer restarts while I am in the middle of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by davpet27, May 11, 2020.

1. davpet27 Win User

Computer automatically restarts.

Hi All.

I would very much appreciate some help on this one. I am having an intermittent issue where my computer restarts while I am in the middle of something. I would appreciate some help in knowing on how to problem solve this issue and where can I begin to look. Many thanks. Dave

The error in the event viewer is the following.

Kernel-Power Event ID 41
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Further detail on this event is below.

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    [ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID 41

Version 6

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000400000000002

- TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2020-05-11T08:39:45.518216300Z

EventRecordID 60212

Correlation

- Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer DESKTOP-HRIETIU

- Security
    [ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData
    BugcheckCode 0
    BugcheckParameter1 0x0
    BugcheckParameter2 0x0
    BugcheckParameter3 0x0
    BugcheckParameter4 0x0
    SleepInProgress 0
    PowerButtonTimestamp 0
    BootAppStatus 0
    Checkpoint 0
    ConnectedStandbyInProgress false
    SystemSleepTransitionsToOn 0
    CsEntryScenarioInstanceId 0
    BugcheckInfoFromEFI false
    CheckpointStatus 0

:)

davpet27, May 11, 2020

2. Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, May 11, 2020
  3. Arrakis9 Win User
    Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, May 11, 2020
  4. Computer automatically restarts.

Windows 10 - Automatic Update doesn't automatically restart the computer at requested time

Hi Josh,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.
    From the description of the issue, I understand that you are facing issues with automatic reboot in Windows 10.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 2:

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, May 11, 2020
Thema:

Computer automatically restarts.

1. Computer automatically restarts. - Similar Threads - Computer automatically restarts

2. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer restarting automatically: Its insane whenever I do something on my machine it will restart automatically. I need a big help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarting-automatically/fef284e1-a06e-4c7a-b284-e73edba6456b
  3. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer restarting automatically: Its insane whenever I do something on my machine it will restart automatically. I need a big help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-restarting-automatically/fef284e1-a06e-4c7a-b284-e73edba6456b
  4. computer restarting automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer keeps restarting automatically

Computer keeps restarting automatically: My pc has been crashing alot lately, i have done various tests of my hardware and everything seems fine but my drivers installed seem to be causing problems and i cant seem to know which one so can anyone help me with an easy way to fix this problem automatic repair does not...
  6. computer restarted automatically

computer restarted automatically: here is the text from event log can anyone tell what could have caused it Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 29-10-2020 10.27.59 AM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords:...
  7. Computer turns on then restarts automatically.

Computer turns on then restarts automatically.: After an attenpted reset, My windows 10 kept booting into recovery environment, then i chose Windows 10 as my default OS, then it boots up then automatically restarts after 3 seconds over and over again! PLEASE HELP ME!...
  8. Computer automatically restarts radomly

Computer automatically restarts radomly: Hi All. This is the follow up on the advise provided to my post with under General Support, thread Computer Automatically Restarts. Please find below the link of the V2 Collector report. Dropbox - DESKTOP-HRIETIU-(2020-05-12_16-38-26).zip - Simplify your life Your help...
  9. Computer automatically restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts.: Hi All. I would very much appreciate some help on this one. I am having an intermittent issue where my computer restarts while I am in the middle of something. I would appreciate some help in knowing on how to problem solve this issue and where can I begin to look. Many...
  10. Computer automatically restarts after shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer automatically restarts after shutdown: Windows 10 kept wanting to restart after it has been shutdown. The computer would have its power indicator turned off for maybe 2 seconds, then you hear the fan whirling and the BIOS screen appears followed by the usual boot process. I don't know how this would help, but...