Windows 10: Computer Automatically Turns Off

Discus and support Computer Automatically Turns Off in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by EmilyWallace2, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Computer Automatically Turns Off

Recently my computer has been turning off automatically for seemingly no reason. It doesn't appear to be a problem with the fans or overheating, and it isn't trying to restart or reboot either. I can't figure out what the cause is and it's driving me crazy! Do you have any other causes and/or ways to fix this problem so I can stop worrying about all of my progress on an assignment being lost at any second?

Thanks!

:)

EmilyWallace2, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Computer turns on automatically

Hi Lindsay,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer automatically turns on. To resolve this, we suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps on this

thread
    that was provided by Sirius_21 and Nyima Yonten. Many community members find their post helpful.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 12, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Computer Automatically Turns Off

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Computer Automatically Turns Off :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Computer Automatically Turns Off

1. Computer Automatically Turns Off - Similar Threads - Computer Automatically Turns

2. Clipboard sync turns off automatic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clipboard sync turns off automatic: Hi. I have a problem with clipboard new feature sync, it automatically turns off after a restart or some time. I am syncing two windows 10 computers between PC and Laptop, PC works fine but surface laptop 2 is not. I have to manually every time turn on option "Sync across...
  3. WiFi turning off automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi turning off automatically: I'm using Windows 10 Pro. My laptop computer was working fine and then one day it wouldn't connect to the internet using WiFi (I got the little red stop sign with an X in it)? It says I'm not connected to the internet and that my WiFi is turned off. When I go to Network and...
  4. turn off automatic updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    turn off automatic updates: automatic updates in my laptop makes my browsing speed very low. how can I turn off automatic windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-automatic-updates/74d6a85a-409f-4eee-b806-5abd72a9471a
  5. stop proxy turning off automatically?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    stop proxy turning off automatically?: How do I stop proxy turning off automatically? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/stop-proxy-turning-off-automatically/ec5fdaf2-1ab4-433f-b4bd-adab24a0ff99
  6. Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On

in Windows 10 Support
    Turn Computer Off Or Leave It On: I've always turned my computer off when not using it (like anything else: lights, TV, radio, stereo, etc.). Why should the computer be on when I'm asleep, at work, not home for whatever reason, etc.? But now I'm reconsidering that. When I turn the computer on it makes a sound...
  7. Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic Updates automatically turns itself off when I try to turn it on: I've been trying to turn on Auto Updates on my laptop (using Windows 10) but when I click to turn it on, it will literally just default back to off seconds after I turn it on. Highly unusual, I've never had this happen on any laptop or PC I've had before, be it Windows 10 or...
  8. Turn automatic updates off?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Turn automatic updates off?: Hello, i just installed windows 10 pro 64bit on my computer and would like to turn automatic updates off but cannot find the option on control panel. Can anyone help me out? 110716
  9. how to turn off automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to turn off automatic updates?: I'm having a laptop with eMMC with only 32GB of storage.I had 18 GB of free space and last night I recived some updates which left me only 10 GB of free space.I want to turn off option of auto updating if there is any. I switched meter connection to ON.Is there anything...
  10. Computer Automatically Turns On

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Automatically Turns On: Has anyone besides me ever experienced their computer turning on automatically after it's been shut down? Mine did! It's my Desktop PC. It's an Acer Aspire XC-603G Desktop. Note: This kind of unnerved me because no one was around it. We had all gone to our rooms...