Windows 10: computer automatically wakes up from sleep

Discus and support computer automatically wakes up from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dekwa, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Dekwa Win User

computer automatically wakes up from sleep

Hi.

I've searched the board and found many similar problems to mine, but nothing exactly like it, and as such I haven't been able to fix it.

When put in sleep mode, my computer automatically wakes up at a set time.
    I have disabled wake timers in the power menu, I have clicked of "allow [this device] to wake up the computer" on every applicable device (mouse, keyboard, HID-compliant device, NIC...)

Here's what the CMD-prompt says about armed devices:

computer automatically wakes up from sleep [​IMG]

As for the wake timers themselves:

since this a Windows process I can't just shut it down.
    I can't seem to find it in the Task scheduler though...

for completion, lastwake:

anyone have any idea what to do about this timer? :/

:)

Dekwa, Sep 2, 2015

2. Computer wakes up from sleep automatically

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

1. Do you get any error message related to the issue?

Please be advised that the issue that you face might be caused due to some background tasks in the computer or also maybe due to some of the power related files going missing or corrupt. So please follow the below steps to troubleshoot.

Step 1: Power troubleshooter.

Please follow the below steps to troubleshoot:

a. Press windows key + X key.

b. Select control panel.

c. Select troubleshooter.

d. Click system and security and run the power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, please follow the below steps.

Step 2: Clean boot.

Please do a clean boot and check if the issue persists and check if the issue persists.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

DISCLAIMER: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please let us know if the issue is resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Sep 2, 2015
  3. Computer wakes up from sleep automatically

Original title: un-authorised wake up

Hi, I am using Windows 10 on an ASUS M 32 series and when I put it to sleep it wakes it's self, sometimes after a few minutes or it can be after a couple of hours. There are no scans scheduled when it does this, any ideas?

Cheers, Peter.

peter robertson 70, Sep 2, 2015
  4. Rudy Mas Win User

That's a task for the Media Center that is waking your PC.

Windows 10 doesn't come with Media Center, so you can delete all Scheduled Tasks about this program. (I had the same thing on my desktop, because I used Media Center with Windows 8.1)

Do the following things:

• Open "Computer Management" (Win-X -> g)
    • Go to "Task Scheduler" -> "Task Scheduler Library" -> "Microsoft" -> "Windows" -> "Media Center"
    • Delete all tasks mentioned under "Media Center"
    • Right click on "Media Center" and then "Delete Folder"

This task won't wake your PC anymore. *Wink

Almost forgot. If you can't delete "Media Center", it can be because there is still another folder inside this folder. You can find it at C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\Media Center.

Rudy Mas, Sep 2, 2015
  5. Dekwa Win User
    did all that, result still the same.

The first activity that the event viewer logs is that my virusscanner (McAfee) does something:

bottomline is the last action of the day before. I put the computer to sleep about that time.

just the info on what the first activity of the the day is

Dekwa, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. computer automatically wakes up from sleep - Similar Threads - computer automatically wakes

2. Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep: I am unable to put my Lenovo laptop in sleep. When I put it to sleep, it wakes automatically up within a minute, without me doing anything.I checked even viewer. Below are the screen shots. It says Reason: Power Button in sixth screenshot, but I did not push it. Whats going...
  3. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  4. Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.

Computer waking up from sleep then not returning to sleep.: So after my resent upgrade/reset due to corrupt system files my computer has started waking up from sleep again during the night. This was a problem before, but I somehow solved it, pretty sure the problem was the computer didn't actually go to sleep. Instead, it entered some...
  5. Computer will not wake up from "sleep"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will not wake up from "sleep": I built my own PC, and although all advanced power settings are set to never sleep (including never turn off hard disk), it frequently freezes and will not wake up. It sends a buzzing to my Focusrite 2i2 powered speakers, which is what happens normally when the machine is...
  6. Computer Waking Up From Sleep

Computer Waking Up From Sleep: [ATTACH]I recently built my new gaming rig and I usually set my power and sleep settings to sleep after 2 hours of idle. I realized when it goes to "sleep" It actually turns off but still responds to a press of a key and saves the session. When it turns on it goes through the...
  7. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC waking up automatically from sleep mode: On my Win 10 64 desktop PC, the monitor goes to sleep as per settings then immediately wakes. Have tried different solutions without any success. The only thing that works if I remove MS wireless mouse 5000/keyboard 3050 transceiver. Then the monitor stays asleep (of course,...
  8. Computer wakes up from sleep.

Computer wakes up from sleep.: Hi Since I updated my PC to v1903 few days back, my PC switches itself on. Since the first version of Windows 10 I must have going into Task Scheduler and disable the wake up timer of UpdateOrchestrator and also my harddiskvolume2. But with this new version of Windows, it...
  9. Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically

Windows 10 wake up from sleep automatically: Windows 10 wakes up from sleep automatically...i changed the option in sign in options to PC wakes from sleep https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-wake-up-from-sleep-automatically/38e1faf4-90b2-415d-830d-d6d266b326dd
  10. Waking the computer up from sleep

Waking the computer up from sleep: I have been having the issue as of late that whenever my computer would go into sleep mode by itself or if I would accidentally press the power button, thus initiating sleep mode, I can not get the screen to turn back on. In order for the screen to come back on, I would have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer automatically wakes up from sleep

2. computer automaticaly wakes from sleep