Windows 10: Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

Discus and support Computer awakens from 'Sleep' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break. When I click on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Motim Win User

Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

Hello,Recently I have noticed, I put my computer to "sleep" when I go for a long break, like sitting to lunch or coffee break.
    When I click on the 'sleep' button on the 'power' it goes to 'sleep' (I hear it stopped)
    When I come back to the computer I hear its working.
    (By the way, when I go for a long break, I disconnect the internet line.)Ran the power troubleshooter - no findings.All devices in the device manager are OK.How do I solve this problem.Answers will be appreciated.Thanks

winver 1903 x64 18362.815

:)

Motim, Apr 24, 2020
  2. KevDawgHR Win User

Not Awakening from Sleep Mode

My windows 10 computer will not awaken from sleep mode-any suggestions?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

KevDawgHR, Apr 24, 2020
  3. warren982 Win User
    Password screen not appearing when pc awakening from sleep state

The password log-in screen doesn't appear when it awakens from sleep. Or it's intermittent, sometimes appearing but most of the time not. Windows 10, 8-year-old Thinkpad that otherwise works fine. Even the hard drive automatic lock after the pc is turned
    off has worked flawlessly in awakening. The password log-in screen does work OK when the pc awakens from the power being turned off however. Any suggestions? Thanks to all.

warren982, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

Dim screen after awakening sleep mode

Hello All,

I've read a couple of post regarding this issue and have yet to find a resolution.....I have a HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One desktop and recently upgraded to Windows 10. After placing the computer in sleep mode, then awakening the computer the screen is very
    dim. has anyone found a fix for this yet?

Mark

MarkAlston, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Computer awakens from 'Sleep'

1. Computer awakens from 'Sleep' - Similar Threads - Computer awakens 'Sleep'

2. PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade: After Windows 10 to Windows 11 update, PC will not wake from sleep. Power and reset buttons also not functional. I have to manually cycle the PSU to get it back. Oddly enough, sometimes when I do this, the tabs and processes that were open when the PC entered sleep were open...
  3. PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC cannot be awakened from sleep after Windows 11 upgrade: After Windows 10 to Windows 11 update, PC will not wake from sleep. Power and reset buttons also not functional. I have to manually cycle the PSU to get it back. Oddly enough, sometimes when I do this, the tabs and processes that were open when the PC entered sleep were open...
  4. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  5. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode: I built a new PC for Christmas and installed the latest version of Windows 10. When I place the computer in sleep mode it will awaken after an hour or so. Sometimes it will eventually go back to sleep but then awakens again after thirty minutes or so. How can I stop this from...
  6. Windows keeps awakening from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Sleep mode awakening with blank screen

Sleep mode awakening with blank screen: After updating my Windows 10 to 1809, if I leave for a few minutes it goes into sleep mode and on awakening the CPU restarts with blank screen. I have to restart to have a display. I reversed to earlier version 1803 and it works fine. Any solution to update to 1809? Please...
  8. Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set time for password on awakening after computer put into sleep mode?: When I take a break from the computer, I click on my Sleep taskbar icon. I guess in my safety paranoiac state, I set things up so that when I awaken the computer, I have to put in my master PW. This has become a PITA and I was wondering if one can set the timing such that the...
  9. hp pavilion not awakening from sleep after upgrading to windowsm10

hp pavilion not awakening from sleep after upgrading to windowsm10: my hp pavilion is not awakening from sleep and cannot shut down completely(.i.e fan and power light is still on after shut down)... after upgrating to windows 10.please help 11189
  10. Sleeps, Cannot awaken. USB Mouse???

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeps, Cannot awaken. USB Mouse???: I have a problematic Toshiba P55W-b5224, the HDD for which failed, I started over with Clean Install Win 10 on a new SSD. Issues thinned out mostly except one very annoying issue: The user is mouse-dependent and uses a GE branded USB wireless mouse with a small USB...