Windows 10: Computer background changed on its on?

Discus and support Computer background changed on its on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, as the title says.. I came home today and noticed my PC’s background has been changed to an image I don’t believe is even saved on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheGrantelope13, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Computer background changed on its on?

Hi all, as the title says.. I came home today and noticed my PC’s background has been changed to an image I don’t believe is even saved on my computer.. I’m the only one who uses or has access. Is there any where I can check metadata(?) or anything to see what time the background has changed? I’m unsure if I accidentally clicked something and made it happen or what the heck is going on. I googled Around but didn’t see anything. Thank you!

submitted by /u/TheGrantelope13
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheGrantelope13, Feb 12, 2021

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Background cannot be changed

Hi,

To change the background on your Windows 10 Mobile, please follow the steps below:

• Open Settings, and tap on Personalization.
    • Tap on Start.
    • Tap on the drop-down list under Choose a background.
    • Select your preferred background and click apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Computer background changed on its on?

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Computer background changed on its on?

1. Computer background changed on its on? - Similar Threads - Computer background changed

2. Can’t change computer background on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t change computer background on windows 11: When I try to change my background, none of my files show up under the “browse” option. The base background images show up that came with the computer, but none of the ones I’ve downloaded...
  3. Can’t change computer background on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t change computer background on windows 11: When I try to change my background, none of my files show up under the “browse” option. The base background images show up that came with the computer, but none of the ones I’ve downloaded...
  4. Change background !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change background !: Hi, I use my built-in web camera on Windows 10 along with an external microphone. I would like to change the background behind me or blur it out! I see there are various sites that do this but unsure which free one to use! The people I send my videos too, say it would be...
  5. Computer just randomly changed its layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer just randomly changed its layout: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/faris_mahjoub101 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j5ss2q/computer_just_randomly_changed_its_layout/
  6. Background changes after computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background changes after computer sleeps: I have a dual monitor set up and after I wake my computer from sleep, the second monitor changes background to the same picture as the main monitor. However this only happens when the computer sleeps, not when I reboot the computer. I can easily change it back to the original...
  7. Computer Background Changes to other PC's Background

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Background Changes to other PC's Background: Ok, hear me out. This is a bit of an odd one. It's happened on both my desktop and laptop now several times. My background will occasionally change to what my partner has on his background and override my settings. It's getting annoying and google has not provided answers....
  8. background change

background change: Hi there I had a screenshot (jpg) as a background, and earlier this week received a system update and my background was gone. I have gone into personalization to try to put it back but it couldn't find any photos at all, leastways not through there. Now the whole background...
  9. Background Changed?

Background Changed?: I had a picture of my dog as my background and this morning it's gone with just a white pattern sheet. I went to my background but didn't know how to change it back. Can someone help me? 144899
  10. Background Changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Background Changed?: I had a picture of my dog as my background and this morning it's gone with just a white pattern sheet. I went to my background but didn't know how to change it back. Can someone help me? 144899