Windows 10: Computer becomes very slow/laggy a little while after start up, restart fixes it

Discus and support Computer becomes very slow/laggy a little while after start up, restart fixes it in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This started a week or two ago; my computer becomes quite slow/laggy a bit after I start it up, but restarting fixes it. Normally I'd think that this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by barthotymous, Aug 1, 2021.

1. Computer becomes very slow/laggy a little while after start up, restart fixes it

This started a week or two ago; my computer becomes quite slow/laggy a bit after I start it up, but restarting fixes it. Normally I'd think that this is just too much stuff going on but whenever this happens cpu usage is always below 10%, and memory usage is anywhere from 40-60% average memory usage. By "slow" I mean trying to open any given application takes upwards of 10 minutes, or it just doesnt open at all however Task Manager usually opens significantly faster than any other application. Please note that nothing out of the ordinary had happened before or around when this problem arose

:)

barthotymous, Aug 1, 2021
  2. MelLum Win User

Slow and laggy

I just upgraded to win10 and now my computer takes a long time to restart. It's also slow and laggy once it's rebooted. How can I fix this?

MelLum, Aug 1, 2021
  3. slow and laggy performance

windows 10 is little bit laggy and slow why please tell me

is intel hd graphics good

is K7 total security intivirus good

thank you

parikshit singhVD, Aug 1, 2021
  4. Hexagon12 Win User

Computer becomes very slow/laggy a little while after start up, restart fixes it

Computer started to get more laggy

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to fix my problem?
    One year ago, the computer was installed with Windows 7 and was upgraded to Windows 10.
    About 3 months ago, the computer ran fine, and even the startup time was <10sec.
    2 weeks ago, I got a virus and quickly deleted it with Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner.
    I don't know why, but after that event, the computer quickly slowed down and right now, the startup time is 45 sec.

What happened and what is the reason?

Speccy Info:

Computer becomes very slow/laggy a little while after start up, restart fixes it [​IMG]

Hexagon12, Aug 1, 2021
Thema:

Computer becomes very slow/laggy a little while after start up, restart fixes it

1. Computer becomes very slow/laggy a little while after start up, restart fixes it - Similar Threads - Computer becomes very

2. MY COMPUTER HAS BECOME VERY SLOW.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY COMPUTER HAS BECOME VERY SLOW.: MY COMPUTER SUDDENLY HAS BECOME VERY SLOW IN PROCESSING AND UP LOADING AND DOWN. WHAT CAN DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-has-become-very-slow/e83ee070-9318-41be-8613-140f10dee48e
  3. Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up: I build a whole computer about a month ago. Since I have build the computer, everything, for the most part, works completely fine except when it comes to sleeping. When the computer wakes up from a sleep, no matter how long, it is unbelievably laggy to the point where it...
  4. Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up

Computer Extremely Slow/Laggy After Wake-Up: I build a whole computer about a month ago. Since I have build the computer, everything, for the most part, works completely fine except when it comes to sleeping. When the computer wakes up from a sleep, no matter how long, it is unbelievably laggy to the point where it...
  5. PC becoming slow and laggy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC becoming slow and laggy: I was wondering if anyone new how to fix the problem with my pc as it has become very laggy and slow and cant run applications as good as it did before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-becoming-slow-and-laggy/8fa58752-bc98-4203-9146-9d95d2175991
  6. Very slow start up

Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  7. Very slow start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Very slow start up: I installed Microsoft Teams but couldn't get going with it so uninstalled it. Now, when I power up it takes 10 minutes with the CPU light permanently on and a message saying re-enter my login details. Clicking ok does nothing but CtrlAltDel eventually releases the screen...
  8. A very slow start-up

A very slow start-up: Hi, The booting is long(more than 5 Minuit) and resetting Windows didn't correct the problem. I appreciate if someone could help me. With my best regards. Shams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-very-slow-start-up/e7dea95b-2283-479c-b75e-888ca2a24800
  9. Very slow start up

Very slow start up: Could some please check this and see if there is anything I can uncheck that will help speedup bootup. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/very-slow-start-up/127f2e9a-8e6f-4748-b93f-9e36a3ced0af
  10. Very slow start up when using Restart

Very slow start up when using Restart: I can't recall when exactly this problem started but I have had it for quite a while now, it might have begun after the last feature update. For one reason or another my PC takes very long to start up if I select "Restart", around 2 minutes 45 seconds from the moment the...