Windows 10: Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore

Discus and support Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After being forced to make a factory image restore of my computer I started using it with no issues, today however, everytime i boot it up it seemed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pangea1430, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore

After being forced to make a factory image restore of my computer I started using it with no issues, today however, everytime i boot it up it seemed to be slower than the last now it takes up to 7 minutes to even reconize that i put my pin in to log in which takes 10 minutes to do anything! The one thing that functions is my mouse cursor! Is this somthing that will overtime resolve itself or not?

:)

Pangea1430, Jan 1, 2021
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 1, 2021
  3. Just restored computer to factory settings and it is running extremely slow Windows 10

Just restored computer to factory settings and it is running extremely slow Help

KimberliWhite, Jan 1, 2021
  4. dsar Win User

Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore

Factory Image Restore Option Missing After BCDEDIT Windows 10 Home 64

As the title suggest, I no longer see the option "Factory Image Restore" in the Advanced Boot Windows 10.

Laptop
    Dell Inspiron 7559
    Processor: 6th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ Quad Core Processor 2.6GHz
    Memorry: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600MHz (8GB x 1)
    Graphic Card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960M, 4GB GDDR5 video memory

Back Story

1. Two days ago I tried to install hackintosh on the laptop while Windows 10 Home is intact. I installed it in a different partition on the same harddrive. So the Windows was at C and the Mac OS Sierra was at E while D is used for data storage.
    2. In the process of installation, I press F4 while highlighting the Mac OS installation and then tried to boot it. But I couldn't boot it. The hackintosh failed.
    3. I gave up, and then boot from the Windows 10 but it also failed. It showed that there is no bootable device.
    4. I made a usb bootable windows 10 to recover the bcd using the command prompt option in the installation but it still failed to boot.
    5. I ended up installing the new windows 10 on the E drive (wiping out the failed hackintosh). After doing this, I succeeded.
    6. I am able to boot to the new windows as well as the old windows.

To keep things clean, I want to do a factory image restore. The problem is that because I used bcdedit before (see 4), I couldn't find the option to do the factory image restore.

I read online that I can fix the bcd using the visual bcd editor. I have no clue how to use it.

Here's a screenshot of the bcd visual editor on my computer.

I wanted to be able to do a factory image restore.

How can I do this using BCD Visual Editor?

Thanks in advanced.

dsar, Jan 1, 2021
Thema:

Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore

1. Computer Becoming increasingly slow after a factory image restore - Similar Threads - Computer Becoming increasingly

2. Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restoring to Factory Image but still have problems: My Dell laptop had been so slow and had some problems so that a technician restore it using factory image restore. However, after the attempt, other problems emerge. The laptop stopped so many times asking for restarting and appear the stop code. So we decided to restore...
  3. My computer is suddenly extremely slow after a factory reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is suddenly extremely slow after a factory reset: I was having a problem with my computer and I had nothing of value downloaded and no other fixed worked, so I factory reset the device. This did fix my original problem but now the computer is running extremely badly, I did a benchmark test and the CPU and GPU are both...
  4. computer suddenly become extremely slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    computer suddenly become extremely slow?: This morning I booted my laptop, wanted to watch a live stream. Everything was running like normal. All of a sudden the stream loaded as if I had no internet. Then I opened the task manager, PC was running a bit slower than usual. Taskmanager says: Disk usage 100%. So I...
  5. Factory Image Restore Frozen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Factory Image Restore Frozen: i am trying to restore the computer to factory state using factory image restore but it has been stuck on “applying the background image” for about an hour. It says that the entire process should only take “several minutes” [IMG]...
  6. What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer?

What happens to Windows Versions after a Factory Restore on Computer?: Hello, I just updated my Windows 10 to version 1909 from 1836 last week, but I may have to do a factory restore on my laptop. Will Windows upload again as 1836 -- its original build -- or will it go straight to 1909 during the restore? And why is the lockscreen blurry after...
  7. restore computer to factory settings

restore computer to factory settings: How do I reset a new HP computer to factory settings so I can return it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/d3ce5854-fa30-4adf-b850-e67354b74a1b
  8. Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop has become extremely slow after factory reset: Evening, I'm havibg an issue with my Hp laptop, it has become really slow after I factory reset it. There was no issue with the laptop prior to the reset and it was quick, now after the reset it takes around 4/5 second to open startup, and cannot run multiple windows at...
  9. restore computer to factory settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    restore computer to factory settings: I'm returning this computer to seller and I want to restore to factory settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-computer-to-factory-settings/2743d7b9-e0f4-40d4-beb6-af070a6d1c93
  10. Dell Factory Image Restore

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Dell Factory Image Restore: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 but I would like to go back to Win 7. It's past the 30 days and so I can't roll back via Win 10. When I use F8, I see that the Dell Factory Image Restore is no longer an option. However, I do have a recovery drive for Win 7. Has Win 10...