Windows 10: Computer being slow

Discus and support Computer being slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; my computer has been loading slowly recently and is having issues loading up files. What should I do? My computer used to be able to load up anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ViBe x Wolf2079, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Computer being slow

my computer has been loading slowly recently and is having issues loading up files. What should I do? My computer used to be able to load up anything pretty quick and be able to load up to 20 images. Now it can barely get to able 7 before closing out my other photos.

:)

ViBe x Wolf2079, Oct 30, 2019

2. Slow Computer

Hi Sheree,

One of the most common reasons for a slow computer are programs running in the background. Other factors that can contribute to the issue are memory space, malware infection, outdated software, and processor overheating. To improve your computer's performance,
    you can check the tips listed on this link. We suggest that you also try to follow the suggested steps.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Computer being slow

slowness in computer usage.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate if you could answer a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What makes you think that system is running slow? Is it when you are trying to run application?

• Did you install any third party security application?
    From the screenshot that you have provided, I understood that it’s not the issue with the disk usage. The slowness might be due to the memory usage.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run maintenance task and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X from the desktop.

• Select Control panel and Select System and Security.

• Click on Troubleshoot common computer problems under System and maintenance.

• Now Run maintenance task under
      System and security
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

Computer being slow

1. Computer being slow - Similar Threads - Computer being slow

2. Slow computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow computer.: My computer is suddenly very slow. It started with Excel dogging. I closed Excel and re-booted the computer but the restart took way longer than it should. I'm guessing there is something in the background that is causing this. I'm not seeing anything in Task Manager under...
  3. Network disconnecting and being slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network disconnecting and being slow: PC age: approx. 2 yearsFor the past year or so my computer has been acting weird, and it has gotten worse since december. Not sure if it's a virus related issue, or something else, as I am quite a newbie at tech stuff.Symptoms:1. Disconnects from wifi 95% of these occourences...
  4. Network disconnecting and being slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network disconnecting and being slow: PC age: approx. 2 yearsFor the past year or so my computer has been acting weird, and it has gotten worse since december. Not sure if it's a virus related issue, or something else, as I am quite a newbie at tech stuff.Symptoms:1. Disconnects from wifi 95% of these occourences...
  5. Network disconnecting and being slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Computer Slowing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Slowing: Hi, I recently had my computer go into the preparing automatic repair loop, and I gave it to a friend who got it fixed and recovered most of my files I am not quite sure regarding the actual process of repair and whatever he did . Everything works great, but there was one...
  7. Whole computer being slow and frame droppy.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whole computer being slow and frame droppy.: when I use the wait function in lua, the time it should take is 0.03 seconds. On my computer is take 0.44 to 0.5 and rarley goes down to 0.03I have a 3k computer and my iPad runs at 0.03. What is going on with my computer? I even bought another i9-10900k to see if it was my...
  8. Computer slows down after being afk

Computer slows down after being afk: Hello,I'm having problems with my laptop lately, probably something to do with harddisk. 5 days ago my computer was slowed down really bad. I had a message like "fixing c: stage 1... " when I turned on my computer. This process took more than 1 hour.Now when I go afk for a...
  9. Slow internet and slow computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slow internet and slow computer: Hey everyone. My internet and my computer have started being slow recently(especially my internet). I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. What can I do? Thanks. submitted by /u/anihamud444 [link] [comments]...
  10. Slow Computer

Slow Computer: My Computer has been progesivley becoming slower over the last few months, i've not added any new programs exept windows 10 updates. any sugestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-computer/35bac848-6d8b-4df7-870a-38a5c451f8c1