Windows 10: Computer black screen and reboots

Discus and support Computer black screen and reboots in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have had problem since a year back that my computer is getting black screen and then reboots after a couple of seconds. While this happens I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John.He12, Nov 29, 2023.

1. John.He12 Win User

Computer black screen and reboots

Hi, I have had problem since a year back that my computer is getting black screen and then reboots after a couple of seconds. While this happens I can still hear the sound in the background if I was playing any games for example. This happens ONLY when my computer is under load from gaming and happens more often in the summer when its warmer.And its games when you need a more high end PC, for example, Call of duty warzone, Valorant in the summer, Overwatch2Some games work just fine for example league of legends, counter strike2.This is not happening evetime I play so its a very intermittent

:)

John.He12, Nov 29, 2023

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Nov 29, 2023
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Nov 29, 2023
  4. snapgeek Win User

Computer Black Screen

I normally leave my computer run 24/7 but lately the computer has to be rebooted daily because it does the following:

• Becomes unresponsive with a black screen
    • Network link goes down when this happens
    • Computer can't be revived and simply has to be rebooted.

Event logs show NOTHING when this happens and I know the rough time when it happens because I have nagios monitoring my network including this computer and it tells me when it looses internet, etc.

I've replaced the video card with a brand new one yet this still happens. I'm thinking it has to be a bad PSU or mainboard but I'm unsure what to do to resolve it.

snapgeek, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. Computer black screen and reboots - Similar Threads - Computer black screen

2. Computer black screen and reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer black screen and reboots: Hi, I have had problem since a year back that my computer is getting black screen and then reboots after a couple of seconds. While this happens I can still hear the sound in the background if I was playing any games for example. This happens ONLY when my computer is under...
  3. NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDIA - Display - 31.0.15.3623 Black screen unless rebooting Computer: While installing the newest driver since I manually install updates, my screen went dark and all mouse and keyboard inputs stopped working.Turning off and on fixes the issue but I find it disturbing the lack of testing of this type of drivers.This happened on Version 22H2 OS...
  4. Sudden black screen, then reboots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden black screen, then reboots: Hello, I've been experiencing this odd way of an OS crash where my screen suddenly goes black then reboots on its own. No error codes, not even a BSOD. I would like to know what is causing this and where can I get logs of what caused this so I can give more information about...
  5. Sudden black screen, then reboots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden black screen, then reboots: Hello, I've been experiencing this odd way of an OS crash where my screen suddenly goes black then reboots on its own. No error codes, not even a BSOD. I would like to know what is causing this and where can I get logs of what caused this so I can give more information about...
  6. Sudden black screen, then reboots

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent Black Screen and Computer Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frequent Black Screen and Computer Reboot: Hi, Hoping for some help with an issue I have been experiencing. Once or twice per day, my PC will randomly give me a black screen, followed by the computer rebooting. This happens while browsing the web mostly, and occasionally while gaming. Below is my report from...
  8. Black Screen Then system Reboots

Black Screen Then system Reboots: Hi, Ive recently started having this problem. where when im gaming my system turns black and after a couple of second the system reboots. A link to the dump file is attached here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ath6qiVimjJnixEG80oRyXSDYFrr?e=Lhh2wW what are the possible...
  9. Black Screen after Reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black Screen after Reboot: I recently reformatted windows 10 on my dell latitude 5590, after my company gave me my laptop. Everything seemed to go smoothly, got all drivers updated and personal softwares reinstalled. Ever since I've had ONE issue only and have never experienced before. I've researched...
  10. Black screen on reboot

Black screen on reboot: I worked normally on my PC this morning, then turned it off during the 1 hour train ride to work, where I tried to turn it on again. The Only responde I got was a Black screen requesting a password. I have tried every option I can think of, to no result. Can anyone help?...