Windows 10: Computer Black Screen

Discus and support Computer Black Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I normally leave my computer run 24/7 but lately the computer has to be rebooted daily because it does the following: Becomes unresponsive with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by snapgeek, Oct 26, 2019.

1. snapgeek Win User

Computer Black Screen

I normally leave my computer run 24/7 but lately the computer has to be rebooted daily because it does the following:

• Becomes unresponsive with a black screen
    • Network link goes down when this happens
    • Computer can't be revived and simply has to be rebooted.

Event logs show NOTHING when this happens and I know the rough time when it happens because I have nagios monitoring my network including this computer and it tells me when it looses internet, etc.

I've replaced the video card with a brand new one yet this still happens. I'm thinking it has to be a bad PSU or mainboard but I'm unsure what to do to resolve it.

:)

snapgeek, Oct 26, 2019
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Computer Black Screen

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Computer Black Screen

1. Computer Black Screen - Similar Threads - Computer Black Screen

2. black screen on computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen on computer: power on, internet connected. Black screen on computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-computer/3a1b7c7c-aebc-4c57-9687-f0b2b4bdca8c
  3. Random black screen, computer unresponsive

in Windows 10 Support
    Random black screen, computer unresponsive: Earlier today I was just using my PC, same as usual, when both monitors suddenly went black and started showing the no signal message. I unplugged and reconnected both ends of the cables, tried different ports on my GPU but nothing. I then tried to connect through teamviewer...
  4. Black screen after shutting down the computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after shutting down the computer: I don't know if this has to do with anything but this problem occurred after I updated my Windows 10 Pro to build 1903 using the Windows 10 Update Assistant. Now the problem is that when I shut down the computer normally everything works fine. It goes through the usual stuff...
  5. Black Screen then Computer Logs In

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen then Computer Logs In: Dear Microsoft Team I have Windows 10 Home. I have graphics card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Chip Type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x67B0) Speakers (Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio) Digital Audio (S/PDIF) Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio The problem started...
  6. computer screen has black bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer screen has black bar: My computer screen is black on the left. My display is not going all the way to the edges of the monitor. How do I fix this? I Can't find the setting....
  7. Computer falls to black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer falls to black screen: derlands Computer falls on My computer has been falling on black screen since last Wednesday. This started on that day after 6 o'clock and no longer responded to the on / off button or the reset button. I had to turn off the computer with the power switch on the power...
  8. No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen: One of the members at our senior center has a computer that boots up only with a black screen and there aren't any beeps at all: LED lights are on. The owner has a system repair disc and noise can be heard from it spinning but the screen stays black. I recommended to the...
  9. Computer crashing with unusual black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer crashing with unusual black screen: Hey All, Have a weird one that I have never seen before. after about an hour or so of the computer running (just a Dell Dimension E521, 4gb ram, 1TB HDD) the screen goes black and at the top in white letters states: "Boot from CD: No boot device detected, insert system...
  10. Computer booting to black screen after login.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer booting to black screen after login.: Hi, My computer recently seems to be having some issue where after I logged in, sometimes it will boot to a black screen with only a cursor. I can't seem to open task manager through ctrl+alt+delete as it doesn't respond. The only way that I can boot back into the desktop...