Windows 10: Computer black screens after some time of use and then apps start to not respond

Discus and support Computer black screens after some time of use and then apps start to not respond in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My problems are quite similar to the problems described in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BS2.0, May 30, 2020.

1. BS2.0 Win User

Computer black screens after some time of use and then apps start to not respond

My problems are quite similar to the problems described in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...formance/69b9e2f5-84d0-416a-b5c9-ae1c981fccd2 , but none of these solutions seem to be working for me.

I have run safe mode and ran both the free trial of McAfee and Malwarebytes virus scans and no errors have appeared for me.

These problems persisted even before I did a full reset, having Windows 10 save nothing of my past files.

As I was using google chrome as well as PSO2 released on the Windows store, my screen started to black screen, giving me the error

"chrome.exe - Application error
    The exception unknown software exception 0xe0000008
    occurred in the application at location 0x00007FF8946EA799."

and

"pso2launcher.exe -Application error
    The exception unknown software exception 0x40000015
    occurred in the application at location 0x0000000039DBIEO

Click on OK to terminate the problem"

A list of things I had done to try and fix it with no successful results

Command Prompt Admin
    1 SFC /scannow - no errors were discovered
    2 DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth - No errors were discovered

I have conducted a disk scan through my local drive>properties>tools>error checking, but no errors were discovered.

Because my laptop is a Lenovo, I used the pcsupport.Lenovo page to try and run some scans.
    From conducting the driver scan, I descovered I did not have Lenovo Utility Hotfix - 10 64 - 1.0.79.0, and had downloaded this through Lenovo Vantage. The website, however, cannot seem to run diagnostics of any sort on my computer. It leaves me at a loading circle or the percentage bar does not move no matter how long I wait.

One last thing to note is that Windows 10 had the error of resetting most of all default apps and settings on shutdown/turning it back on BEFORE i had conducted a full restart. The restart had fixed this problem, but this problem persisted.

:)

BS2.0, May 30, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Endless black screen without anything but it is on

Hi Basim,

There are several reasons why the screen turns black only. It can be an issue with the software or hardware. Please answer the following questions:

• Are there any major changes made on your computer before the issue started?
    • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to fix the issue?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps from this
    link

We are looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, May 30, 2020
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Black Screen Flashing

Hi MichaelCretz,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Do you get the black screen when restarting the computer or when using the computer?
    3. As you mentioned it occurs for 1-2 seconds, do you get the black pop up or the entire screen goes black?
    4. Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to the issue?
    5. Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type:winver in start menu and hit enter.)

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.
    These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer.
    The main causes are Problems with the driver for your display adapter or incompatible application. As you have already updated the drivers, I would suggest you to follow the other steps mentioned in the article on
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen
    errors.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, May 30, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Computer black screens after some time of use and then apps start to not respond

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, May 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer black screens after some time of use and then apps start to not respond - Similar Threads - Computer black screens

2. Cursor starts lagging after some time of using windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor starts lagging after some time of using windows: Hi, I am facing this issue in which my cursor starts lagging after a few hours of use of windows.Also, after restarting my laptop, the cursor starts working fine again.That is the reason I'm reaching out on this community to get help.My touchpad driver is up to date.Can...
  3. Cursor starts lagging after some time of using windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor starts lagging after some time of using windows: Hi, I am facing this issue in which my cursor starts lagging after a few hours of use of windows.Also, after restarting my laptop, the cursor starts working fine again.That is the reason I'm reaching out on this community to get help.My touchpad driver is up to date.Can...
  4. Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.: I get a black screen after 20 to 30 minutes on my windows 10 laptopAsus ROG Strix G17 G713IH-HX020T the event viewer shows nothing and no bugcheck values what do i do....
  5. Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.

Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.: I get a black screen after 20 to 30 minutes on my windows 10 laptopAsus ROG Strix G17 G713IH-HX020T the event viewer shows nothing and no bugcheck values what do i do....
  6. Black Screen After Some Time of working in windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. my laptops screen goes black for some time and then starts working but a part of screen...

my laptops screen goes black for some time and then starts working but a part of screen...: From some time a new issue in my laptop has come to light.. While using laptop after some time the screen turns black 3 times till when I am complaining and then the three buttons that appear on the right Close, Maximise and Minimise appear version on the left side top corner...
  8. my laptops screen goes black for some time and then starts working but a part of screen...

my laptops screen goes black for some time and then starts working but a part of screen...: From some time a new issue in my laptop has come to light.. While using laptop after some time the screen turns black 3 times till when I am complaining and then the three buttons that appear on the right Close, Maximise and Minimise appear version on the left side top corner...
  9. Windows 11 start menu stops responding after some time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 start menu stops responding after some time: The start menu in Windows 11 keeps freezing up after a period of time and I cannot click anything on it. For some reason, it starts responding again when I open up the Task Manager. I'm not shutting down anything or doing anything else at all on the Task Manager, but simply...
  10. Windows 11 start menu stops responding after some time

Windows 11 start menu stops responding after some time: The start menu in Windows 11 keeps freezing up after a period of time and I cannot click anything on it. For some reason, it starts responding again when I open up the Task Manager. I'm not shutting down anything or doing anything else at all on the Task Manager, but simply...