Windows 10: Computer Blackscreen/crashes while playing video games.

Discus and support Computer Blackscreen/crashes while playing video games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, my computer has been crashing while playing video games, mainly Overwatch, but also some other games, including emulators and other launchers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Indeesmart, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Computer Blackscreen/crashes while playing video games.

Hello, my computer has been crashing while playing video games, mainly Overwatch, but also some other games, including emulators and other launchers like Epic Games Launcher. It's been going on for the last couple months. I thought it was a problem with my headset drivers, but the issue has persisted after changing the drivers to my headset Hyper X Cloud II.

I ran driver verifier, and crashed my computer while running it between 1:00pm -2:00pm on the event viewer logs 10/15/2020. I did have to run a system restore to be able to load windows again, so I don't know if that affects the results. I didn't see any driver come up after the bluescreen came up, but my computer has never actually bluescreened before this point.

Previous crashes have mentioned AMDKMDAG stopped responding and recovered in the event viewer.

I have the event viewer, dxdiag, and dmp available to view, just don't know how to upload them.

Specs:

Motherboard: ASRock Z170A-X1/3.1

CPU: Intel I5-6500

GPU: Radeon RX 470

SSD: Samsung SSD 750 EVO 250 GB

HDD: ST2000DM006-2DM164

RAM: 2 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 DRAM 2666 MHz

PSU: EVGA 500 B1 100-B1-0500-KR 80+ BRONZE 500W

:)

Indeesmart, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Video card driver crashing when playing games

We suggest that you rollback your driver. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R to open run dialog box.
    • In the dialog box window, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Right click on your video card driver -> Properties ->
      Driver tab
      and select Rollback driver.
    If the issue persists, it could be better to contact the developer of the game.

Regards.

Mary Sau, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Oct 15, 2020
  4. Computer Blackscreen/crashes while playing video games.

Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

Computer Blackscreen/crashes while playing video games.

1. Computer Blackscreen/crashes while playing video games. - Similar Threads - Computer Blackscreen crashes

2. Computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes while playing games: hey guys, my pc crashes and my monitors go to no signal, my PC is still powered on and i can still hear AND hear that im moving in whatever game im playing, its not my monitors because ive tried with multiple different cables and it still happens, they also both lose signal...
  3. Computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes while playing games: hey guys, my pc crashes and my monitors go to no signal, my PC is still powered on and i can still hear AND hear that im moving in whatever game im playing, its not my monitors because ive tried with multiple different cables and it still happens, they also both lose signal...
  4. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashing while playing video games: Hi! I've got a problem with my computer. It keeps crashing whenever I play some videos games, but never when I do other things. I'm playing and after a few minutes usually 5min to 60min my screen freezes and the sound would still play. I can't do anything but hard reset the...
  5. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashing while playing video games: Hi! I've got a problem with my computer. It keeps crashing whenever I play some videos games, but never when I do other things. I'm playing and after a few minutes usually 5min to 60min my screen freezes and the sound would still play. I can't do anything but hard reset the...
  6. Computer crashing while playing video games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer Crashes While Playing Games

Computer Crashes While Playing Games: Anytime my computer in under load when playing a game, for example Apex Legends, my display turns into a solid color and nothing is working, but the computer is still on/fans are spinning/lights are on. I thought it was a power issue but normally if it has to do with power,...
  8. Blackscreen crash while playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blackscreen crash while playing game: I am getting Black screen crashes whenever i play games, the time it takes for the crash varies and i get numerous errors. I just replaced my CPU cooler and GPU specs and errors as follows. I7 9700k Not over clocked 2080ti evga black MSI MEG Z390 ACE LGA 1151 (300 Series)...
  9. Computer crashes while playing games

Computer crashes while playing games: For a week now I've been getting error 141, I've looked around and started updating all my drivers. I then uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia and both monitors drivers. Here is the reliability report for 141: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date...
  10. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos: Hello, I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in...