Windows 10: Computer blue screened and doesn't restart automatically

Discus and support Computer blue screened and doesn't restart automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried enabling a vpn while i had a teams meeting running in the background and i tried opening something else as well and all the sudden i got a blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PocketAlex, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Computer blue screened and doesn't restart automatically

I tried enabling a vpn while i had a teams meeting running in the background and i tried opening something else as well and all the sudden i got a blue screen! It says that it will restart after they're done collecting info but it's been several minutes and it still doesn't restart. Is this normal? Do i restart it manually?

submitted by /u/PocketAlex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PocketAlex, Dec 2, 2020
  2. TY10_10 Win User

blue screen or automatic computer restart

Lately I am experiencing blue screen or automatic computer restart.

When I ran Windows Update troubleshooting, it says "potential windows database error detected.

TY10_10, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Automatic Restart

We appreciate your response. We suggest that you turn on the automatic restart using command prompt. However, you need to access the
    Startup settings. On some Windows 10 computer, pressing
    F11
    once a computer boots up will bring the System Recovery menu. We suggest that you check if it's the same on your computer. Here are the steps on how to do so:

• Turn on your computer, then press F11 simultaneously.
    • If a blue screen with Choose an option shows up, click on
      Troubleshoot
    • Look for Advanced options, then click on Command Prompt.
    • On the command prompt, type this in "wmic RecoverOS set AutoReboot = True".
    • Once done, click the "X" at the top right of the screen.

Restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We would appreciate it if you'd provide a screenshot of the command prompt.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Dec 2, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Computer blue screened and doesn't restart automatically

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Computer blue screened and doesn't restart automatically [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Computer blue screened and doesn't restart automatically

1. Computer blue screened and doesn't restart automatically - Similar Threads - Computer blue screened

2. Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair: 3 days ago I tried to update and shut down my laptop, it updated and ever since it has been on a loading page, and occasionally flashes a blue screen saying that the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me no other options and has been doing this for 3...
  3. Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue screen, restart, preparing automatic repair: 3 days ago I tried to update and shut down my laptop, it updated and ever since it has been on a loading page, and occasionally flashes a blue screen saying that the device ran into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me no other options and has been doing this for 3...
  4. computer restarts without blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer restarts without blue screen: As above I am restarting randomly, rarely when playing games but more when just using google chromeI am getting this error usually in sets of 3 :A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache...
  5. computer restarts without blue screen

computer restarts without blue screen: As above I am restarting randomly, rarely when playing games but more when just using google chromeI am getting this error usually in sets of 3 :A fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Cache...
  6. computer restarts without blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.: Hello, my computer freezes while playing games, the screen will freeze up and no inputs work I have to hard restart.I do not get a blue screen and the sound will freeze as well and repeat itself. I thought it was my PSU but I installed my old one which I know is good and I...
  8. Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.

Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.: Hello, my computer freezes while playing games, the screen will freeze up and no inputs work I have to hard restart.I do not get a blue screen and the sound will freeze as well and repeat itself. I thought it was my PSU but I installed my old one which I know is good and I...
  9. Computer freezes and restarts no blue screen.

10. stuck on blue screen and computer will not restart automatically

stuck on blue screen and computer will not restart automatically: hi, i have a dell inspiron 2330 AIO and it gets stuck on a blue screen. it gets to 100% but will not restart automatically. the error massage is: "Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you....