Windows 10: computer blue screened while playing a steam game

Discus and support computer blue screened while playing a steam game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer blue screened while playing slime rancher 1 and the game itself will crash to desktop many times while playing usually last 30mins at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sokka Wave, Dec 4, 2022.

1. computer blue screened while playing a steam game

My computer blue screened while playing slime rancher 1 and the game itself will crash to desktop many times while playing usually last 30mins at the longest but sometimes the computer will just blue screen any idea why? SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION was the code I was given and I have the minidump if someone needs it to help me I have installed drivers for my graphics card and updated windows. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game and ran the game as a admin.

:)

Sokka Wave, Dec 4, 2022

2. Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 4, 2022
  3. My computer consistently crashes when playing newer Steam games

Hi Garrett,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• Is this issue specific to only games? Does the system crash, when you are working on documents, using other applications, watching videos etc.

• Is the issue confined with Steam games or with any other games as well?

• Are you overclocking the graphics card?

• Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

• Is your computer custom built?

Please check the event viewer, which will give us more clarity of this issue.

If this issue is specific to Steam games, I suggest you to contact with the steam support for better assistance:

http://www.steampowered.com/

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 4, 2022
  4. THX1138 Win User

computer blue screened while playing a steam game

Steam games recent list does not update

The recently used program list for the Steam computer game client never updates. It says recent but it misses actual recent games that I've played and lists games that I haven't touched for months or years. How can I investigate the reason for this list not updating? It works just fine for other programs on the Start Menu. I tried searching for information but the word "update" in the search string returns results about Steam and Windows updates and not about the recent list updating.

computer blue screened while playing a steam game [​IMG]

THX1138, Dec 4, 2022
Thema:

computer blue screened while playing a steam game

1. computer blue screened while playing a steam game - Similar Threads - computer blue screened

2. Computer Blue Screens and restarts while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Blue Screens and restarts while playing games.: I have run the mini dumps and the main dump through Windbg. Here are the results of the main dump.SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while executing a system service routine.Arguments:Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the BugCheckArg2:...
  3. Computer Blue Screens and restarts while playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Blue Screens and restarts while playing games.: I have run the mini dumps and the main dump through Windbg. Here are the results of the main dump.SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 3bAn exception happened while executing a system service routine.Arguments:Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the BugCheckArg2:...
  4. computer blue screened while playing a steam game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer blue screened while playing a steam game: My computer blue screened while playing slime rancher 1 and the game itself will crash to desktop many times while playing usually last 30mins at the longest but sometimes the computer will just blue screen any idea why? SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION was the code I was given and I...
  5. computer blue screened while playing a steam game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer blue screened while playing a steam game: My computer blue screened while playing slime rancher 1 and the game itself will crash to desktop many times while playing usually last 30mins at the longest but sometimes the computer will just blue screen any idea why? SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION was the code I was given and I...
  6. Blue Screen while playing a game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen while playing a game: This is happening to me and it is that when i am playing on my new computer that i have recently acquired, a blue screen error appears suddenly, randomly when i'm playing, and then the computer restarts, it suprises me because the computer is new. The game is Psychonauts 2....
  7. Blue Screen While Playing Games

Blue Screen While Playing Games: Hi, my computer blue screened when i played a game r6s and valorant mostly and i'm curious since it never happened to me before. Before it bsod it usually display a colour of orange on my display....
  8. Blue Screen while playing games

Blue Screen while playing games: Its not instant, it doesn't even occurs everyday. I usually play Valorant with my friends, there is very less possibility of getting a Blue screen. But it happens every time when I play Division. It crashes after 10-15 minutes of playing. The blue screen did not display any...
  9. IRQL blue screen while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL blue screen while playing games: I get the following errors in dmp files while i was playing cs:go any ideas what driver or hardware its related to? Crash dump directories: C:\WINDOWS C:\WINDOWS\Minidump On Mon 17-02-2020 11:43:51 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  10. Blue screen errors while playing games

Blue screen errors while playing games: Each time i play a game, 5-10 mins later my screen freezes and then a blue screen pops up each blue screen i get it displays different error codes which are: DPC Watchdog Violation DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER My laptop is an Acer Aspire F5-573G is...