Windows 10: Computer Booted Up On It's Own

Discus and support Computer Booted Up On It's Own in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My desktop PC has randomly booted up on it's own. Also, I noticed yesterday that it kept waking up from sleep on it's own. Is there anything we can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Computer Booted Up On It's Own

My desktop PC has randomly booted up on it's own. Also, I noticed yesterday that it kept waking up from sleep on it's own.

Is there anything we can do about this.

This is very strange!

Help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Jesse Williams, Aug 1, 2015

2. Computer booting on its own

My computer has been booting itself every day for the past several weeks. I have looked in the bios for a scheduled boot as well as in the Scheduled Tasks program built into windows. I have also disabled my network adapter's boot from LAN function. I have
    gone through the bios as thoroughly as I could and have found nothing to indict that it would boot the computer.

These problems started shortly after I installed Windows 10 and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Does anyone know of any malware/virus that would do this? I've been tracking my network/internet usage by program and have seen nothing unusual. I have had no other symptoms that I have seen.

The specs are:

i7-4790k

MSI Gaming 7 mobo

Geforce GTX 760

8GB ram

128GB SSD boot drive with multiple HDDs for storage

RobertDermarkar, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Computer booting on its own

Hi Robert,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, a screenshot of the event viewer log would be wonderful when the system boot up by itself.

• Type Event viewer on the Windows search bar and select
      Event Viewer.

• Click on Windows logs to expand and click on
      Systems.

• Now drag/scroll down the bar till end and click on the last
      Information. (The last information contents the details of system startup).

• Now might be able to see what is causing the issue or any error.

• And a screenshot of the General tab would be wonderful and also you can check the details on
      Details tab.
    Please visit: How to include a screenshot in your post

How to include a screenshot in your post

For now I would recommend you to check for the power option and check if this helps.

• Type power option on the Windows search bar and select
      power option.

• Click on Choose what the power buttons do.

• Once you are done with the settings click on Save changes.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Computer Booted Up On It's Own

Are you 'sleeping', 'hibernating' or 'shutting down'?

"AUTO POWER ON" should be disabled in BIOS settings.
    Also, disable 'Fast Start' in Power Options.

teachermark, Aug 1, 2015
  5. I was shutting down. Also, yesterday it kept waking up from sleep.

6. paulsalter, Aug 1, 2015
  7. jds54 Win User
    Go to control panel and device manager.Find network adapters. On the Pcie uncheck allow this computer to wake on lan. Also do it to wireless adapter.
    Mine was doing same thing after every 30 minutes.
    I reverted back to 8.1 twice because of problem.Haven't tried reinstall yet.
    Look at my post further in about same problem.Someone tried my suggestion and it worked.
    What was the time interval that it stared and was it same every time?
    Please let me how how you make out.

jds54, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Computer Booted Up On It's Own

So far, it has only done it once. My cat woke me up to go out, and I noticed it was on.

9. CyberTod Win User
    CyberTod, Aug 1, 2015
  10. JayStar Win User
    The best thing to do, in my opinion, is turn off fast start under the Power Options.
    More trouble than it is worth.

JayStar, Aug 1, 2015
  11. I couldn't find Fast Start on my computer. I am sure it uses it, because it came with Windows 8.1. But, I did use all of your solutions though, and it seems to be working okay now, I guess. I will keep y'all posted if it doesn't.

12. Now, I cant get it to sleep.

Jesse Williams, Aug 2, 2015
  13. Computer Booted Up On It's Own

Computer Booted Up On It's Own [​IMG]

teachermark, Aug 2, 2015
  14. ????????????

Jesse Williams, Aug 2, 2015
  15. Snackman Win User
    What does your Event viewer log say? I had my PC wake up once because of a scheduled task from windows update. Have a look at the Task Scheduler. The second thing to check is the Network adapter.

Snackman, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

Computer Booted Up On It's Own

1. Computer Booted Up On It's Own - Similar Threads - Computer Booted Own

2. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not booting up: My computer with a detachable keyboard is in a loop where it say “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” The shirt +F10 trick is not working.....
  3. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not booting up: My computer with a detachable keyboard is in a loop where it say “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” The shirt +F10 trick is not working.....
  4. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer shutting down on its own and refusing to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer shutting down on its own and refusing to boot: my computer shuts itself down when im not using it, even after I put it in sleep mode. when I try to switch it on it fails to boot unless I remove the battery then place it back again. when I do that it might still fail to boot several times, it just shuts down and that's it....
  6. Booting up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting up computer: My computer has been working for many years perfectly fine I am now in an auto repair loop with the text ¨f:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt¨ showing I have tried all the fixes nothing works can someone help me....
  7. Computer refuses to boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer refuses to boot up: Last night I was working on homework whenever my HP laptop decided it needed to restart itself out of the blue. When it restarted and tried to updat, the update failed and then it stuck me in the automatic repair loop. I HAVE to get my work done before Tuesday or I’ll drop a...
  8. Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not staying asleep. Wakes up on own: Lately I've been having an issue where my computer will wake itself up sometime in the morning. I can't pin down an exact time the computer wakes itself up. I have noticed a few things however in regards to this annoyance. 1) The computer will turn itself on as well as...
  9. Computer shuts down on its own, then boots back up

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down on its own, then boots back up: This issue has only started today. I recently got a new motherboard, new CPU, and new memory. Everything had been working absolutely perfectly until today. While playing a game (SC2) my computer will abruptly shut down on its own, then re-boot after a few seconds. All the LED...
  10. Computer waking up on it's own.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer waking up on it's own.: I remember that there used to be a problem with 7 and up where the network card could wake up the computer if there was any activity detected by it and could be fixed by going into the device manager and unchecking the box "Allow this device to wake the computer". This is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer booted on own