Windows 10: Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items

Discus and support Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Garrett Hobson, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items

Hi,

I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the swirling circle at the Dell logo to boot to windows. After speaking with Dell, they tell me that this is where windows loads, and so the issue is likely on Windows startup. This is a computer that goes onto a domain, and it only seems to be happening if shutdown or restarted from a non-admin domain account (my admin domain account seems to boot normal speed). I logged into my non-admin domain account and disabled all items on startup, and it still happens. I then booted into safemode with networking, and it boots instantly. What else should I look for that does not load in safe mode but loads in Windows but not at startup?

***Modified title from: Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode) ***

:)

Garrett Hobson, Sep 12, 2019
  2. catstone Win User

Slow Startup

see if my words helps...skip the steps that u already tried.
    1. check the start-up items. Run the command of "msconfig" , check the "start up" page(i am not sure of the precise name of this page,coz.i am using chinese version of windows). diable ALL the items listed. save the setting and restart.
    2. check the free space of each partition of harddisk. make sure that each partition has a free space of more than 1 gb( higher ,better).
    3. check the list of installed programs, through the control panel. uninstall those seldom used
    4. it might be unkown comflict of softwares. keep your system as clean as possible. for example, you can disable your antivirus, then restart to see if it is faster
    5. it might be fragments. defrag all partitions.
    6. manage the services of your system. right click "my computer",click "manage(G)", in the window below, the third level-1 menu is "service and applications". disable unecessary auto startup services.
    7. up to repend~~

catstone, Sep 12, 2019
  3. mrclose Win User
    StartEd (A program to manage slow computer startups)

A couple of years ago my fairly new computer started to take forever to boot.
    Actually, boot time was okay, the problem was getting to the desktop and then waiting up to five minutes for the desktop to fully load to be able to launch anything!

Looking for information on what I could do to speed everything up again I tried various suggestions like: Task Manager, WinPatrol, SysInternals etc. etc.

Some like Sysinternals would list all of the startups but I was in the dark on which programs were absolutely A MUST for computer functioning!

That is when I stumbled upon a program that not only listed every startup program but also pointed out the essentials, obsoletes, new, trojans, services etc. etc.

I was so impressed with the free lite version that I purchased the Pro version!

My question is .. Why in the world hasn't this app been recommended by more folks, to others who have startup problems?

The link that I have included goes to their home page where you can download the free version (or pro).

If any of you would like to try it out ... I'd appreciate your opinions.

I promise, there is no malware at the site or in the app itself! *Wink

About ...

Full feature list ...

View, Edit, Delete, Disable and Add entries to your Windows startup configuration

Detect obsolete startup items and unneeded memory hogs

Backup and Restore your startup configurations

Manage System Services with detailed notes and description

Filter Service List with keywords

See new startup items and services since last StartEd use
    Uninstall Applications

Show detailed information about every startup entry

Launch programs

Create shortcuts on desktop (useful for temporary disabled items)
    Print out and copy startup list to clipboard

Recognize Trojan Horses in startup configuration

Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items 33333333333333333333333333.jpg

Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items 44444444444444444444444.jpg

Manage Windows Startup with StartEd

mrclose, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items

Slow Internet speed on only one computer.

Hi Cody,

Slow internet speed on one of your computer could be due to the following:

• Outdated network adapter driver
    • Different Wi-Fi chipset
    • Computer processing speed

Make sure that the network driver of your computer(s) are always updated.

We also suggest you to contact your internet service provider for them to check your internet connection speed and give you more information.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Remon Ont, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items

1. Computer booting at slow speed even after disabling Startup items - Similar Threads - Computer booting slow

2. Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer: I'm having an issue where I enable startup items in task manager and they are going back to disable after a reboot.This is preventing my services from reconnecting. This recently started happening. I've installed all updates and firmware updates also. The problem is...
  3. Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer: I'm having an issue where I enable startup items in task manager and they are going back to disable after a reboot.This is preventing my services from reconnecting. This recently started happening. I've installed all updates and firmware updates also. The problem is...
  4. Windows Startup items are disabling automatically after restarting the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.: Hi all!I was having issues with my computer last month and came here for some help. You can see the issues I was having in this post here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-for-computer-is-fine-for-first-ten/0715a9b2-e246-4cd1-bbac-ba80a2e75b5eI...
  6. Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.

Download speed for computer slowing down considerably after startup.: Hi all!I was having issues with my computer last month and came here for some help. You can see the issues I was having in this post here:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-for-computer-is-fine-for-first-ten/0715a9b2-e246-4cd1-bbac-ba80a2e75b5eI...
  7. Startup items disabling on restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup items disabling on restart: So, I've had this issue for a few weeks now where whenever I restart my PC, my startup items would revert to default or disable themselves. That means some programs that I want to start themselves have to be manually started and this is just very inconvenient. I've run SFC...
  8. Startup items disabling on restart

Startup items disabling on restart: So, I've had this issue for a few weeks now where whenever I restart my PC, my startup items would revert to default or disable themselves. That means some programs that I want to start themselves have to be manually started and this is just very inconvenient. I've run SFC...
  9. Startup items disabling on restart

10. Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode)

Slow Boot even if all startup items are turned off (but quick boot in Safe Mode): Hi, I work in an environment with about 150-200 Dell laptops. So far I've come across 10+ computers that can take up to 5 minutes to get past the swirling circle at the Dell logo to boot to windows. After speaking with Dell, they tell me that this is where windows...