Windows 10: Computer booting to black screen, other times it will boot

Discus and support Computer booting to black screen, other times it will boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My laptop is running windows 10 32bit pro and ever since upgrading, the computer boots to a black screen but there are other times it will boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by StevieMc, Feb 12, 2016.

1. StevieMc Win User

Computer booting to black screen, other times it will boot

My laptop is running windows 10 32bit pro and ever since upgrading, the computer boots to a black screen but there are other times it will boot up correctly, does anybody have a solution to this

:)

StevieMc, Feb 12, 2016

2. Windows 10 incredibly slow boot times.

Hi,

After upgrading from windows 8.1 to windows 10 my computer suffers from incredibly slow boot times.

It boots to a black screen with white loading circle in the middle, I have timed it and it takes 5 minutes plus to reach the logon screen from the black screen.

Can anyone suggest what may be the problem?

Thank you.

KITCHELL_Z, Feb 12, 2016
  3. Computer boots to a black screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.
    We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

There can be many reasons for booting to a black screen.

These screens may appear with or without the mouse pointer. The main causes observed are:

•Problems with the driver for your display adapter.

•The video output is being sent to an unexpected port.

I suggest you to refer to the suggestions given by Sharath Srinivasa, replied on August 7, 2015, to fix your issue with black screen on Windows 10.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10:

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Feb 12, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hi StevieMC and welcome to Tenforums.

You might want to try turning off Fast Startup. That solved the problem for me.

simrick, Feb 12, 2016
Thema:

1. Computer booting to black screen, other times it will boot - Similar Threads - Computer booting black

2. Computer stuck on black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer stuck on black screen on boot: Hi, yesterday i turned off my pc and when i turned it on again, it showed first an all white screen, then, when i force turned off it and returned it on, its giving me a black screen. I tried going into safe mode, but i cant reach the blue screen. There was a point when it...
  3. Computer stuck on black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer stuck on black screen on boot: Hi, yesterday i turned off my pc and when i turned it on again, it showed first an all white screen, then, when i force turned off it and returned it on, its giving me a black screen. I tried going into safe mode, but i cant reach the blue screen. There was a point when it...
  4. Computer stuck on black screen on boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. booting to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    booting to black screen: Hi everyone.minor issue to be honest but its getting tedious so im hoping some can shed some light.any time i boot my lptop up, it loads to a black screen. the only temporary fix ive found is to hard power down nd reboot, everything else works fine once its loaded but its...
  6. Computer not booting up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not booting up Black Screen: How do I download a boot disk to USB ?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-booting-up-black-screen/49411470-d6d0-4f39-9d6b-60e0b11414d4
  7. long boot time, w/black screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    long boot time, w/black screen: this is in regards to my Lenovo laptop (which lve added specs to on my profile) recently upgraded to the 2004 feature update OS build 19041-450, now granted prior to this my system was slow to start, ended up turning off fastboot which sped things up slightly (as l did have a...
  8. Black screen on boot

Black screen on boot: When I try to boot up my pc, it goes straight to a black screen, no display whatsoever. I've tried restarting it 3 times in a row. The closest I've got was mashing F12 which gave me a few beeps then nothing. What else can I do?...
  9. long boot time with black screen

long boot time with black screen: my asus laptop k53br taking long time during boot up. I have dual graphic card installed amd redeon hd 6310 and amd redeon 7400. During boot up after showing logo black sceen splashes it remain black for 2 mintues. windows 10 auto install drivers. I have tried amd autocheck...
  10. Sometimes computer enters boot loop, other times I see black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes computer enters boot loop, other times I see black screen: Hello, Recently, I think it was January, my computer started facing issues while booting. I could not determine the cause of the issue, but I have found a workaround that "fixes" it temporarily (once). Once I press the power button on my computer there are generally...