Windows 10: Computer booting up weird

Discus and support Computer booting up weird in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My computer will not start up. When I flip the switch on the power supply, the cpu and gpu fan spin but the power supply fan twitches and no other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Jason Vandermolen, Jun 3, 2023.

1. Computer booting up weird

My computer will not start up. When I flip the switch on the power supply, the cpu and gpu fan spin but the power supply fan twitches and no other power is given throughout the computer. I bought a new power supply and it is still giving the same problem.

:)

Jason Vandermolen, Jun 3, 2023

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 3, 2023
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 3, 2023
  4. Computer booting up weird

Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 3, 2023
Thema:

Computer booting up weird

1. Computer booting up weird - Similar Threads - Computer booting weird

2. ssd wont boot up after weird crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd wont boot up after weird crash: My bootdrive randomly died while playing a gameI played Fortnite and randomly the game crashed.Then i wanted to dm my friend on discord then explorer crashed and i got a bluescreen without a : and the white textThen i needed to force reboot my laptop and my laptop tries to...
  3. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not booting up: My computer with a detachable keyboard is in a loop where it say “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” The shirt +F10 trick is not working.....
  4. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not booting up: My computer with a detachable keyboard is in a loop where it say “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” The shirt +F10 trick is not working.....
  5. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer booting up weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer booting up weird: My computer will not start up. When I flip the switch on the power supply, the cpu and gpu fan spin but the power supply fan twitches and no other power is given throughout the computer. I bought a new power supply and it is still giving the same problem....
  7. Computer booting up weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer booting up weird: My computer will not start up. When I flip the switch on the power supply, the cpu and gpu fan spin but the power supply fan twitches and no other power is given throughout the computer. I bought a new power supply and it is still giving the same problem....
  8. Windows Booted Up Weird Today

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Booted Up Weird Today: So this morning i was greeted by a welcome screen from windows 10 like those welcome screens when you fresh install windows 10 asking me default my browser to edge and telling me to connect my phone i've declined edge offer duh and click remind me later on connect phone...
  9. Boot is weird

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Boot is weird: Whenever I boot my pc it boots into the OS but I'm supposed to see the windows logo with the loading screen also. I just see the loading. How do I make the windows icon appear also? When I use a virtual machine it appears but in my actual pc, it's gone! If you don't...
  10. Booting up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting up computer: My computer has been working for many years perfectly fine I am now in an auto repair loop with the text ¨f:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt¨ showing I have tried all the fixes nothing works can someone help me....