Windows 10: Computer boots from sleep as if it were shutdown.

Discus and support Computer boots from sleep as if it were shutdown. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have been trying to put my computer to sleep as I normally have the past few nights, but when I turn it on the next morning it starts up as if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Allen42B, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Allen42B Win User

Computer boots from sleep as if it were shutdown.

I have been trying to put my computer to sleep as I normally have the past few nights, but when I turn it on the next morning it starts up as if it were shutdown.

I have checked to ensure that the system and drivers are updated, and the event log shows "The previous system shutdown at <time> on <date> was unexpected." a few seconds after the boot. There is no log from the night before showing the sleep or shutdown command, just a number of DistibutedCOM warnings over a span of a couple hours up to the time of shutdown.

I have checked power and update settings, but am not sure why this is happening. What might I have to do? Thanks for any help.

:)

Allen42B, Mar 1, 2020

2. Windows Will Not Sleep or Shutdown from Start Menu

Hello! I can't get my PC to go to Sleep, or Shutdown using any of the typically proper methods. When I try to shutdown the PC it starts to shutdown, screen goes black and then wakes back up to the login screen.

I have gone through and disabled all of the devices that might other wise prevent this from happening. I have done the following to try and remedy the issue.
    • Check the powercfg -devicequery wake_armed
      • This returns a NONE after disabling devices from Device Management
    • Ran powercfg -lastwake
      • Wake History Count - 0
    • Opened my Power Options > Multimedia Settings > When sharing media > Setting: Allow the computer to sleep

I have recently completed a clean windows install. One of the changes that I have noticed was that my BIOS now runs in UEFI mode, not Legacy. I'm not sure that this matters or not, but in my BIOS menu, the Boot Manager only list the Windows Boot Manger, not a list of devices.

Thank you any guidance would be appreciated, I would love to be able to Sleep and Shutdown my computer properly again.

jgilbreath, Mar 1, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 1, 2020
  4. 1tomse2 Win User

Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running.
    I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop wont shutdown , sleep and restart!! and from Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly - Forums - CNET

As of now, the only way I can shutdown my computer is by holding the powerbutton after I hear my drives have stopped or by using the switch on the powersupply.

Thanks in advance and Merry X-mas Computer boots from sleep as if it were shutdown. :)

1tomse2, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer boots from sleep as if it were shutdown. - Similar Threads - Computer boots sleep

2. PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown: After setting my PC to sleep/shutdown, the next time I attempt to boot it will either power on without showing MOBO manufacturer screen Black Screen, or boot normally. When the PC does not boot properly, I power cycle the device and will boot either from a single power cycle,...
  3. PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown: After setting my PC to sleep/shutdown, the next time I attempt to boot it will either power on without showing MOBO manufacturer screen Black Screen, or boot normally. When the PC does not boot properly, I power cycle the device and will boot either from a single power cycle,...
  4. PC fails to boot from sleep/shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sleep and Shutdown

Sleep and Shutdown: This problem is really ridiculous. There are 3 pc's in the house and the main oneMINE has the problem.I have tried everything in all the previous folks that have the same problem to no sleep or shutdown. I have been just turning off monitors so they aren't damaged,if that...
  6. Laptop doesn't wake from sleep (boots from shutdown instead of waking)

Laptop doesn't wake from sleep (boots from shutdown instead of waking): When I put my laptop to sleep and then attempt to wake it up, it will power on (going through the boot up screens) instead of just waking up, thus causing me to lose any information open on the computer. I have tried a few things to try to wake it up to no avail: sfc...
  7. W10 shutdown/sleep/re-boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 shutdown/sleep/re-boot issues: Howdy all, I recently loaded W10 onto my computer. I completed a clean install. My computer is a HP-580t, I7, running a ssd hard drive. Motherboard is from Pegatron Corporation - IPMTB-TK. Legacy bios. Issues: When I shut down the computer, no matter what method it just...
  8. sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues: HP 8540w laptop, W10 up to date (14393-693), power config high performance, shutdown on lid close, sleep on power button, no devices wake computer except mouse and keyboard. Started with two issues: 1; Computer restarts immediately after a shutdown or sleep command. The...
  9. Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer can't shutdown or sleep, only restart.: Hey guys. I hope someone here can help me with my current problem on my desktop. Whenever I try to shutdown my computer the montior shuts off and my drives stops after a few seconds, but my fans and LEDs keeps running. I've tried to do all the suggestions from My Laptop...
  10. Computer won't shutdown or sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't shutdown or sleep.: I have installed W10 twice using the update feature. Everything work fine except when I want to shutdown or put the machine to sleep by clicking on those options, the machine makes noise like the HD is working. It then just shuts down and reboots again. The only way I can...