Windows 10: Computer boots up only every second attempt

Discus and support Computer boots up only every second attempt in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, when I boot up my computer, nothing happens, and I mean nothing. Black screen. My monitor even says no signal. But when I shut it down and boot up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Filip Kučera, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Computer boots up only every second attempt

Hi,

when I boot up my computer, nothing happens, and I mean nothing. Black screen. My monitor even says no signal. But when I shut it down and boot up again, it goes into the American Megatrends tab as when you shut down a computer the hard way. Then i go into BIOS and have to boot up windows manually, not even with the Save & Exit funcion, I have to do it manually. Any time I have to power down the computer, even through restarting it, I have to do this procedure every time. What could be happening?

:)

Filip Kučera, Feb 15, 2020

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 15, 2020
  3. Darkleoco Win User
    Computer refuses to boot

All of a sudden after opening up my computer to remove one of my ram sticks to check the timings on it after replacing it and powering on from a cold start my computer will not boot and does not show any picture on the screen, it starts up with all of the fans going but then it shuts off after 10-15 seconds, what troubleshooting steps should i take???

*Cry :cry:

Darkleoco, Feb 15, 2020
  4. Computer boots up only every second attempt

Attempted to do a Clean Boot but forgot to Hide Microsoft Services

Interesting scenario . . .

Try this:

• Reboot.
    • Turn the machine off with the power button when the spinning circle appears.
    • Repeat this exercise two more times.
    • Reboot. You will now get the boot menu.
    • Boot into Safe Mode and undo the fatal step. Alternatively you could use System Restore.

Frederik Long, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

Computer boots up only every second attempt

1. Computer boots up only every second attempt - Similar Threads - Computer boots every

2. Computer boots up with only one monitor on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer boots up with only one monitor on: Whenever I boot up my computer or restart it, only one monitor comes on. I have to physically click on/off the power switch on the other monitor for it to be fixed. Any ideas?...
  3. Computer boots up with only one monitor on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer boots up with only one monitor on: Whenever I boot up my computer or restart it, only one monitor comes on. I have to physically click on/off the power switch on the other monitor for it to be fixed. Any ideas?...
  4. PC only boots after second attempt

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC only boots after second attempt: So I’ve been having this problem for a couple of months where my pc only boots up after the second try. Whenever I restart it will show the bios logo then when it would normally show the windows login, it then displays a black screen. I'm unable to do anything at this point...
  5. PC only boots after second attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC only boots after second attempt: So I’ve been having this problem for a couple of months where my pc only boots up after the second try. Whenever I restart it will show the bios logo then when it would normally show the windows login, it then displays a black screen. I'm unable to do anything at this point...
  6. PC only boots after second attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] computer won't boot up after attempted update: During an update I lost power. When I rebooted later it did a disk scan so I let it run. And today it won't boot up. Sometimes when I try I get a black screen with just a cursor, sometimes I get a blue screen with a link to Microsoft's stopcode help page and the error code...
  8. Computer Studders Every Second

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Studders Every Second: Recently I have noticed that my computer studders every second. To my knowledge, I havent done anything different than normal. Computer Specs OS: Windows 10 Motherboard: MSI B150 Gaming M3 CPU: Intel i7-6700k GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 Ram: RipJaws DDR4-2400 (2 x 8k)...
  9. Windows 10 boots every second reboot only

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boots every second reboot only: Recently I decided to make a clean installation. I proceeded to download and create a bootable UEFI USB. Already during installation something fishy was going on because when the computer needed to reboot it never got past intial boot screen (or I was greeted with a blinking...
  10. My PC boots up only on second attempt.

in Windows 10 Support
    My PC boots up only on second attempt.: Hy I have weird problem. Every time I turn on my pc It shuts down when windows logo shows up. No bips and errors. Press power button again and my pc boot up with no problem. Any idea where is the problem? I try almost everything.. -replace cmos battery -replace power...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer only starts every second attempt