Windows 10: Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

Discus and support Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VeljkoTomic, Feb 20, 2022.

1. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again i cant boot up my computer. Iam not able to uninstall updates and also i dont have any restore points. Iam only able to use safe mode.

:)

VeljkoTomic, Feb 20, 2022

2. Computer boots into black screen with cursor

*Original Title: black screen and cursor

Lenovo

update and shut down, next day turned on, manufacturers logo straight to black screen and cursor...need my computer immediately

help

fernando caiella, Feb 20, 2022
  3. jds63 Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

So this is not a BSOD ? Have a Windows 10 disc or USB Flash Drive made ? How are you getting to task manager Ctrl.+Alt+Del ? Any cursor on screen ?

jds63, Feb 20, 2022
  4. Geethu B Win User

Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

Issue with booting the computer and get a black screen with cursor after playing asphalt 8.

Hi Shekhar,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with booting the computer and get a black screen with cursor after playing asphalt 8. I will surely help
    you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, let me know what is the make and model of the computer?

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Corrupted User Account.

2. Corrupted graphics driver.

I suggest you to try the steps suggest by Sharath Srinivasa on August 7, 2015
    and check if it helps.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/cf3b4559-67d8-40e0-9cf2-ebf4528e1e78

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Feb 20, 2022
Thema:

Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

1. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor. - Similar Threads - Computer boots black

2. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.: Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again...
  3. Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer boots up to a black screen with a cursor.: Every time I boot up my computer normally it goes to the welcome screen but after typing in my password the screen is black and i can only see my cursor. I have tried everything but nothing works. I think it's because of the latest update because every time it installs again...
  4. Computer not booting up Black Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer not booting up Black Screen: How do I download a boot disk to USB ?Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-booting-up-black-screen/49411470-d6d0-4f39-9d6b-60e0b11414d4
  5. Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen with Cursor after Windows Boot Up Screen: Hello today I was using my computer today and when I restarted it the screen goes black and has a cursor after the windows boot screen. I've tried to get into task manager, but it wont show up. I tried pressing control alt delete and nothing shows up. Going to the BIOS screen...
  6. PC boots up into a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots up into a black screen with cursor: I recently began having problems booting up. The pc starts up on a black screen where nothing works except win+p. I also got another error saying that the boot partition is missing. Is there a way of fixing this without losing any data?...
  7. display has black screen with cursor on boot up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display has black screen with cursor on boot up: When I boot up my Dell Inspiron Desktop, the display works fine on initial start up, but goes to black screen when loading up. It only displays the cursor. I have to shut it off, then power it back up with a restart in order for the display to work. Everything else works fine...
  8. Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor

Windows 10 not booting up - Black screen with cursor: I shut down my laptop properly - no hard boot - and the next time I turned it on, I got a black screen with the cursor. I have tried a bunch of things but to no avail. I don't have any peripherals attached. Everything was working fine until the last shut down, all...
  9. Booting to black screen with cursor

Booting to black screen with cursor: Hello and thank you all for any help or ideas. In general, on startup my computer is 'scanning and repairing' drives, then booting into a black screen with cursor. I don't have a pc easily available to install usb boot programs but have tried a couple thus far. Refreshing or...
  10. Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer boots to Black Screen with Cursor Before Lock Screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from the taskbar on my desktop. The upgrade was successful and I was able to use my computer normally. Today, when I started my computer, a disk check was started. After a long time of being stuck at 10%, I force booted the computer off. Now,...