Windows 10: Computer Browser Service Fails To Start Windows 10

Discus and support Computer Browser Service Fails To Start Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Around December 2019 I installed Windows on a new hard disk, Windows had been running fine for years, but part of my DoD contract with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shaun4BigBlocks, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Computer Browser Service Fails To Start Windows 10

Hello,

Around December 2019 I installed Windows on a new hard disk, Windows had been running fine for years, but part of my DoD contract with the military stated that I had to let them wipe my hard drive upon separation as it was loaded with sensitive certificates ect.

Fast forward, and I re-installed Windows 10 Pro. As you probably know, newer versions of windows silently added the wonderful "SMB 1.0/CIFS Automatic Removal" feature automatically ticked on- nice, but not really...

Anyways, I was up and running fine until the feature deleted my "SMB 1,0?CIFS File Sharing Support". Granted, Microsoft is acknowledging the security risks of SMB1, but unfortunately everyone and their brother knows that Windows Networking is inconsistent with only SMB Direct.

So, I was able to re-add the SMB1 features, but after doing so no matter what I do I am unable to get the "Computer Browser" service to start. It doesn't matter if you have it set for "Automatic" or "Automatic Trigger Start" it won't start. And yes, manually starting fails also with the error "Windows could not start the Computer Browser service on Local Computer. Error 2: The system could not find the file specified".

Both service dependencies required by "Computer Browser" "Server" and "Workstation" are running great. I REALLY need a fix for this.

I tried after fighting all of the permission hurdles and then setting them back manually replacing the path to the executable "C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs -p" from a known, healthy computer running Windows 10 Pro without success.

Please don't tell me to purchase a subscription to Onedrive, or tell me to run "sfc /scannow". I have already ran "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" followed by "sfc /scannow" without success as if that has ever worked for anyone in the past....

Thanks,

Shaun

:)

Shaun4BigBlocks, Apr 1, 2020

2. Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Apr 1, 2020
  3. Edito Win User
    Dependencey Service Failed To start

Hi ppl hope everthigs good there cause im not at all, i turned on my computer yesterday and got network errors like this: in the network icon only appear statys:unknown and below that appear the dependency service or group failed to start and i don't have any network service working in my computer and i tried to start them manually and nothing lots off errors tried to start Diagnostic Policy, dhcp and other network services and nothing any help will be appreciated...

Thanks in advance...

Edito, Apr 1, 2020
  4. Castiel Win User

Computer Browser Service Fails To Start Windows 10

Dependencey Service Failed To start

Screenshots please.

Castiel, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer Browser Service Fails To Start Windows 10

1. Computer Browser Service Fails To Start Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Computer Browser Service

2. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: My computer has been restarting with no BSOD or warning whenever I try to play some more intense games, recently HellDivers 2.I noticed in the event log a couple of errors in the Event Viewer right before the most recent shutdown and addressed those but this one I am...
  3. WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: Hello, recently I've noticed my computer has been using more cpu at idle than normal around 50%, and every time I've checked Task Manager to see whats causing it my usage drops back to a more normal 2-3%. I checked event viewer and there is an error that consistently appears:...
  4. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: i keep getting PC to crash on the new windows 10 installationi also am getting the error from event viewer:"The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error: WinRing0_1_2_0 is not a valid Win32 application."i ran FRST64 and got the FIRST.exe and the...
  5. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start: i keep getting PC to crash on the new windows 10 installationi also am getting the error from event viewer:"The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the following error: WinRing0_1_2_0 is not a valid Win32 application."i ran FRST64 and got the FIRST.exe and the...
  6. The WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start

winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start: Hello, recently my computer crashing a lots, eventhough I don't open too much apps. And the apps keep freezing and I have to end task it. I looked up the Event viewer and find out that this error is pop up around that timeThe WinRing0_1_2_0 service failed to start due to the...
  8. winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start

winring0_1_2_0 service failed to start: Hi! I have recently got a problem where Windows will freeze. Kinf of like how it does right before a BSOD where the audio repeats endlessly and the only way to stop it is restarting my pc. I looked up Even Viewer to see what may cause the problem and the only error I see that...
  9. The dependency service failed to start on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The dependency service failed to start on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows runs a lot of programs in the background as Services. Some Windows Services depend on another service to work. It is similar to how one department in a company need help of another department to complete its job. When [...] This post The dependency...
  10. Windows Defender Service service failed to start

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Service service failed to start: Hello, I have a server 2016 on which I am unable to start the Windefend service. I'm getting an error upon starting the service in the System log: "The Windows Defender Service service failed to start due to the following error: Windows cannot verify the digital...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot start browser service on win 10