Windows 10: Computer BSOD CRITICAL SERVICE DIED

Discus and support Computer BSOD CRITICAL SERVICE DIED in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I ran into this problem, and I will go thoroughly what happened today. So I got a new MSI motherboard with new ram and CPU. I replaced my ryzen one. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeftClickWin, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Computer BSOD CRITICAL SERVICE DIED

I ran into this problem, and I will go thoroughly what happened today. So I got a new MSI motherboard with new ram and CPU. I replaced my ryzen one. I put it in and then did run into an error “SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION” so I didnt want to touch anything til I got help from a friend computer expert but still havent gotten help yet. I removed the new motherboard and then put my old one back in and everything was fine I was able to login no BSOD no errors. I did a scan of my hard drive to check if theres any corrupt files through the CMD Admin. I will put a picture of reference but heres where the problem started I believe. Before i started that scan/repair for my hard drive I swapped out the motherboard for the new one and I believe thats where the new error came “CRITICAL SERVICE DIED” and after that I replaced the motherboard again with my old one and Im still getting the same error. I get to the error part where it says shutdown or advance options. I cant boot into windows at all I dont know about safe mode I havent tried that, I dont have any system restore points. I tried start up repair didnt work sends me back to same place. Im quite in a pickle..

:)

LeftClickWin, Jan 26, 2020

2. Critical Process Died and other BSOD messages.

Early in the "free offer campaign" I did an upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 . After a while (maybe a month) I started getting a lot of "Critical Process Died" BSODs. Occasionally I'd get other BSODs too. If I left my system idle for 10 to 20 minutes
    and came back, I'd have a BSOD waiting for me. I ran the gauntlet of possible solutions including:

SFC /Scannow

DISM... (various)

Several Disk and memory diagnostic routines.

All drivers current and up-to-date.

All windows patches and updates installed.

Took my computer completely apart, cleaned everything, including all connectors.

None of the diagnostic attempts or cleaning found or corrected the BSOD errors.

Finally, on a whim, I used "services.msc" and enabled every single service listed.

Thankfully, no "Critical Process Died" or any other BOSD since I enabled all services. Sorry I didn't keep a list of services that I had disabled then re-enabled.

Is this the final fix for me? I don't know but it works for now. Until Game Developers and graphics card drivers convert to Linux, I'm stuck with some form of Windows.

richard_yo, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Jan 26, 2020
  4. Computer BSOD CRITICAL SERVICE DIED

BSOD - Critical Process Died

Hi Tony,

The blue screen error with a stop code 'Critical Process Died' that you encountered can be caused by a recent update, device drivers that got corrupted or system files that got corrupted. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What changes were made or what updates were installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • Did you mean to say that you ran your device in safe mode when you said that you booted the device with only Microsoft Processes running?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 is installed on your device?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest that you follow the steps on this
    link
    to run the driver verifier. Driver verifier is an inbuilt tool in the Windows operating system, which helps you to test the drivers which may be corrupted. These corrupted drivers may contribute as to why you're getting a "Blue Screen of Death" (BSOD)
    or stop errors.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Computer BSOD CRITICAL SERVICE DIED

1. Computer BSOD CRITICAL SERVICE DIED - Similar Threads - Computer BSOD CRITICAL

2. Critical Process Died - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died - BSOD: Hello,There was a blackout, and upon starting my computer, I was greeted with the blue screen of death, with the only message being "Critical Process Died."I attempted all the recovery options available:Safe mode gives the same error; critical process diedchkdsk /r completed,...
  3. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  4. BSoD Critical process died

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD Critical process died: Hello. A month ago I ran into a problem - Windows 10, a BSoD with an Error: Critical Process Died began to appear. I decided to upgrade to Windows 11, because my laptop is made for this system. After updating to a new system, periodically again began to knock out a blue...
  5. BSOD Critical Process Died

BSOD Critical Process Died: Hi,Since yesterday, i have been having issues with my PC. It keeps on going to a BSOD Critical Process Died. I have google this up and followed the sfc /scannow and other methods, but none work. Sometimes my pc freezes after i type in my pin, other times it lets me sign in,...
  6. Critical Process Died bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  7. Critical Process Died bsod

Critical Process Died bsod: I am stuck in an automatic repair loop, can’t uninstall updates, can’t system restore even with restore point, I have reset bios multiple times, no system image recovery, multiple different scans yet no problem found, no idea what is wrong with pc and not even being able to...
  8. Friend's computer is BSOD with critical process died.

Friend's computer is BSOD with critical process died.: We can't even boot. We can get to a diagnostic screen where it says "Windows couldn't boot up properly" then shows us some troubleshooting stuff. However, he doesn't remember his microsoft password to go into any of the repair features and resetting the password doesn't seem...
  9. BSOD: Critical Process Died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD: Critical Process Died: This is by far the **** thing happened to me till now. I am not able to access anything because every there is BSOD. Then the Laptop goes into automatic repairs and then it doesn't work. I get another screen where I go into advanced options and then in troubleshoot. NO ****...
  10. BSOD critical process died

BSOD critical process died: Dear all, Thank you for reading this. Recently I've been getting a lot of BSOD's. To be more specific the "critical_process_died" one stuck at 0% so no dump file. I did my fair amount of searching on the internet and i tried just about everything and still can't seem to fix...