Windows 10: Computer BSOD DRIVER VMA VIOLATION every few hours.

Discus and support Computer BSOD DRIVER VMA VIOLATION every few hours. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now. I just built my PC a month ago, I was getting the same BSOD Error every time, DRIVER VMA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anthony717, Sep 21, 2022.

1. Computer BSOD DRIVER VMA VIOLATION every few hours.

Hello,I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now. I just built my PC a month ago, I was getting the same BSOD Error every time, DRIVER VMA VIOLATION. I was on windows 10 at this point. Things I've tried was updating all my drivers, reinstalling windows, and even updating to windows 11. I have reinstalled my GPU drivers and everything of that sort.I have analyzed the memory dump and came back with:******************************************************************************** ** Bug

:)

Anthony717, Sep 21, 2022

2. BSOD - DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION - AsusPTPFilter.Sys

Hello

I have an Asus ROG GL553VE , after the last windows 10 update 1803 I started to get the computer completely frozen seconds after loading to the actual gameplay of the games sometimes with a static noise and/or image starting to get white or parts of the
    screen going static. Here it is what i tried so far :

• Rollback NVIDIA graphic drivers - Didn't work
    • Rollback Windows 10 to 1703 - Didn't Work

What I have seen in some cases is that online games I get the screen frozen and the only to get out of it is to hard shut down on the power button of the laptop, in offline games I got the following BSOD:

• page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    • system_thread_exception_not_handled

After some searches on the Web I decided to try the built in Driver verifier of Windows 10 , the BSOD that I get is the following :

• BSOD - DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION - AsusPTPFilter.Sys

Can you please advise on what to do in this situation ? are these issues related or should I run Memtest?

Thanks.

kinglostsouls, Sep 21, 2022
  3. BSOD on new computer while gaming

I just got a new computer about a month ago. Everything is new and I get BSOD (windows 10) while gaming mostly although it sometimes happens while I'm just using the computer. Sometimes the computer doesn't BSOD and just gives me a Access Violation Error. Not sure if related.

Here is the link to download output files from the V2 script.

Dropbox - windows crash - Simplify your life

Any help is appreciated

Steps I have taken:
    • Updated all drivers and bios to latest versions
    • Checked ram with windows memory test to see if ram is faulty. (A stick was and it was removed waiting for replacement)
    • Clean Installed Windows after finding faulty ram
    • I had 2 x 2080Ti installed, I removed one, tested and then swapped cards; issue still exist

MarvIchiban, Sep 21, 2022
  4. auggy Win User

Computer BSOD DRIVER VMA VIOLATION every few hours.

BSOD Problem: DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

Also, The dump file shows the rtwlane.sys, a Realtek wireless driver, as a probable cause of the crash.

Recent versions of the Realtek wireless driver have been causing this error.

You could try, using the Device Manager, to switch to an older Realtek wireless driver such as one from 2016 as that seemed to work

here

In the Device Manager can you right-click the Realtek wireless adapter > Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

What is listed under Model (with "Show compatible hardware" "checked") ?

What are the versions listed?

Also, there appears to be an older version of McAfee installed which appears to be running with Windows Defender enabled.

I might suggest to uninstall McAfee and just use Windows defender and Windows firewall to avoid driver conflicts.

auggy, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Computer BSOD DRIVER VMA VIOLATION every few hours.

1. Computer BSOD DRIVER VMA VIOLATION every few hours. - Similar Threads - Computer BSOD DRIVER

2. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  3. Random BSOD every few hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD every few hours: My computer crashes intermittently even if I'm not there doing anything and it's asleep every once in a while, I don't know what's causing it. The error code reads 139, so following instructions I found on here and used the Driver Verifier, crashing as a result of it, then...
  4. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  5. Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD that occurs every few hours or so: About two days ago I started getting Blue screens most commonly while gaming coincidentally after I installed Overwatch 2 I have since uninstalledThe blue screens occur sometimes after a few hours, and sometimes multiple times within a few minutesSome of the BSOD errors that...
  6. Computer BSOD DRIVER VMA VIOLATION every few hours.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer BSOD DRIVER VMA VIOLATION every few hours.: Hello,I've been trying to figure this out for awhile now. I just built my PC a month ago, I was getting the same BSOD Error every time, DRIVER VMA VIOLATION. I was on windows 10 at this point. Things I've tried was updating all my drivers, reinstalling windows, and even...
  7. BSODs Every Few Hours

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs Every Few Hours: Hello, my laptop has been having various BSODs throughout this year. In a day it can restart once every two hours. The most common errors are memory management, unexpected store exception, kernel data inpage error, critical process died, bad system config info and invalid...
  8. Computer completely freezes every few hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer completely freezes every few hours: Hello. I made a post a little while ago. It has gotten much worse since. Every few hours, my pc gets rlly laggy and then freezes after 30 seconds. In the task manager disk usage is always at 100%. Always from different things, but usually, service host: sysmain and System...
  9. BSOD every few hours

BSOD every few hours: Hello Community, i'm pretty well tech educated but i am running into some issues with a pc built for my uncle that is experiencing frequent blue screens of death. But we are having issues figuring out which hardware component or driver is failing. The Error/BSOD:...
  10. BSOD every few hours or few days - very random

BSOD every few hours or few days - very random: I added a new video card so I could add a new 4K Dell P2715Q monitor with my current Dell 2407 WFP. The card is a PNY nVidia quadro k620. When I added them I still had Windows 7. Started getting random BSOD with various reasons indicated such as "driver IRQL not less or...