Windows 10: Computer BSOD every five minutes

Discus and support Computer BSOD every five minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today.. im attaching photos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicholas Sothmann, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Computer BSOD every five minutes

Hi,

please help me i have a 3 month old computer and it keeps on BSOD every five minutes but has been fine up until today..

im attaching photos of my BSODing if you need to email me please do *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Computer BSOD every five minutes [​IMG]

:)

Nicholas Sothmann, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Intel Compute Stick, first BSOD

Thanks. I got this figured out, the BSOD Team members pointed me to the right track in another thread.

The culprit is tap0901.sys, the TAP network driver for the VPN. It works perfectly up to Windows 10 build 10532, crashes in build 10547.

However, I didn't restore the earlier build 10532 because I found a bit strange workaround, after noticing a pattern in these BSODs which after reporting the first one started to occur regularly. I noticed that I got the BSOD every time when the computer was booted to the desktop but the VPN connection was not created / used until later, at 3 to 5 minutes after the boot and later. Simply like this:
    • Always a BSOD:
      • Boot the computer to desktop, do not create a VPN connection until several minutes after the boot. First time establishing the VPN connection will cause the BSOD
    • Never a BSOD:
      • Boot the computer to desktop, create a VPN connection immediately, within a couple of minutes after the boot. No BSOD, I can disconnect VPN and reconnect as often as I want to
    After finding this out it was easy, I just made the VPN to start when Windows is started and establish a connection automatically by startup:
    Attachment 39051

3. axe0 Win User
    CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT After Leaving PC for 5-10 Minutes

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools
    2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Computer BSOD every five minutes [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

The 0x101(CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT) is mostly caused by BIOS or hardware problem, the challenge is to find software problems.
    I suggest to update your BIOS.
    Code:
    Code:
    BIOS Version:              American Megatrends Inc. 2001   , 7/8/2011
    Attachment 51031

4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Computer BSOD every five minutes

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Computer BSOD every five minutes

1. Computer BSOD every five minutes - Similar Threads - Computer BSOD every

2. Every time I try to fix my laptop, the BSOD interrupts it after five minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every time I try to fix my laptop, the BSOD interrupts it after five minutes: I have tried so many things to get rid of the BSOD but it interrupts what I'm trying to do after five minutes. Do I have to buy another computer or can I really fix it? I have not installed any new software or hardware. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't shut down...
  3. Every time I try to fix my laptop, the BSOD interrupts it after five minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every time I try to fix my laptop, the BSOD interrupts it after five minutes: I have tried so many things to get rid of the BSOD but it interrupts what I'm trying to do after five minutes. Do I have to buy another computer or can I really fix it? I have not installed any new software or hardware. The only thing I can think of is that I didn't shut down...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe BSoD every minute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe BSoD every minute: Almost every minute I get BSoD with ntoskrnl.exe and don't know how to fix it. I tried a lot of things with scf/scannow, reimage, windows memory diagnostic, all drivers updated, all verified and I don't understand why I get BSoD every time.Maybe someone can help me.Link to...
  5. ntoskrnl.exe BSoD every minute

ntoskrnl.exe BSoD every minute: Almost every minute I get BSoD with ntoskrnl.exe and don't know how to fix it. I tried a lot of things with scf/scannow, reimage, windows memory diagnostic, all drivers updated, all verified and I don't understand why I get BSoD every time.Maybe someone can help me.Link to...
  6. BSOD Every 15 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  7. BSOD Every 15 minutes

BSOD Every 15 minutes: Good afternoon,My computer has been getting blue screens for quite some time and I feel like I've tried everything I can possibly think of. I even got to the point where I completely wiped everything clean and reloaded windows and I'm still getting crashes every 15 minutes. I...
  8. My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC freezes for five seconds every 1-2 minutes.: Hello, I have a problem with my pc. A random freeze happens for about five seconds every minute or two. It is like when you are typing, working or surfing then this freeze happens, the pc receives what I am typing but postponing the letters to show/ the clicking to happen...
  9. BSOD every 5 minutes

BSOD every 5 minutes: ***moved on english forum*** Hello guys, I really need your support there, my PC crashes every 5 minutes with BSOD, ive done A LOT OF TEST, tested all my componant, all is good. New new Windows, all driver ok etc... etc... Here is my minidump crash link :...
  10. Getting BSoD at five past every hour

Getting BSoD at five past every hour: I've been having trouble with my Windows 10 (64 bit) desktop computer. At 5 past every hour, without fail, it gets BSoD. Doesn't matter how long the computer has already been on for, and it doesn't matter what I'm doing on the computer. If it's 10:05, 2:05, 3:05, or whatever,...