Windows 10: Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos

Discus and support Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, my computer is new, built within the last month. Last couple weeks, have been getting a few BSOD. Updated some drivers, but it keeps happening. Not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Quasimdo, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Quasimdo Win User

Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos

So, my computer is new, built within the last month. Last couple weeks, have been getting a few BSOD. Updated some drivers, but it keeps happening. Not sure what is going on.

:)

Quasimdo, Aug 28, 2016

2. Youtube video keeps freezing, audio continues

I'm having the same problem. I'm using chrome now, but it started when I was using firefox to watch videos. (I now use chrome to watch videos and browse on firefox). I haven't done much to actively try to fix the problem, but I have fiber internet, and
    I've restarted both the browsers and the computer many times since it started. It mostly happens right after I hit play on a paused video or start a new video.

pokemonfan13, Aug 28, 2016
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Netwbw02.sys)

BSOD while using Youtube or watching videos on IE or Chrome. I'm using Windows 10. I bought Dell i7567 Inspiron. I had this BSOD and got my laptop replaced. After one week of use the new laptop has same BSOD. This happens only while watching Videos.

I tried reinstalling OS, Updating Drivers, contacted Dell and they updated drivers manually and nothing has worked. Any idea on how to resolve this ?

sharath chandrapatlolla, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos

Hello,

Code: Probably caused by : dc1-controller.sys[/quote] Are you trying to connect and xbox controller to your PC?

HonorGamer, Aug 28, 2016
  5. Quasimdo Win User
    Yes, my keyboard, which is a gskill, has a usb port that I have plugged my Xbox One Elite controller into. I use the mic function on the controller to talk over steam. Should I uninstall the driver for the controller?

Quasimdo, Aug 28, 2016
  6. Yes uninstall the driver.

HonorGamer, Aug 28, 2016
  7. Quasimdo Win User
    Ok. Quick question before I do so. Since it is a .sys file, if it is uninstalled, it will not cause issues with the operating system, will it?

Quasimdo, Aug 28, 2016
  8. Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos

I've personally never used the program to be able to run the xbox controller. Is this program a native microsoft program? Or 3rd-party?

Sorry for the late reply.

HonorGamer, Aug 29, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    If the system tries to load it, because you have the Xbox controller connected, there is still a chance the system crashes as the driver is missing (or it'll be reinstalled).
    It is better to first try to update or reinstall the drivers before removal IMO.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos

1. Computer BSOD, happens mostly while browsing or watching videos - Similar Threads - Computer BSOD happens

2. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  3. BSOD while watching videos on Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while watching videos on Edge: Since the beginning of August, my Dell laptop keeps experiencing Critical Process Error Blue Screens of Death intermittently but they occur only when I am watching Netflix or YouTube on Microsoft Edge. I have 4 minidump files on this link:...
  4. BSOD while watching online videos

BSOD while watching online videos: Many times when I watch online videos( youtube/netflix/others) my laptop freezes and after 10 seconds brings bsod with the error dpc_watchdog_violation. Any help ? 91321
  5. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: Hello. Had some BSOD while watching YouTube. And sometimes I go to sleep while watching videos and by the morning I notice the PC had reset. Cannot say if BSOD or an unexpected update, but most likely BSOD. Actually, my no-break's battery has run out of juice, so short...
  6. BSOD while watching a youtube video

BSOD while watching a youtube video: Hello. System specs: CPU: I5-4690k RAM: Kingston Fury 2x4GB MOBO: Z97-D3H GPU:R9 280x PowerColor PSU: NZXT Hale v2 Browser: Google Chrome OS: Windows 10 x64 I was watching a youtube video with ~10 tabs open and I received a BSOD saying that I have kdcom.dll missing...
  7. BSOD while watching YouTube videos

BSOD while watching YouTube videos: I've gotten three BSODs in the past hour or so while watching fullscreen youtube videos. after the first 2 and some googling it seemed to point to my GPU drivers. I used the AMD uninstall tool to wipe them and then reinstalled the latest drivers. I got another BSOD about 10...
  8. BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos

BSOD while playing games, browsing internet, watching videos: Hello and thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me. For the past month or so I've been getting more and more BSODs with different error messages each time. They mainly occur when I'm playing games (Starcraft 2, Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare), browsing the...
  9. BSOD While watching Youtube Videos

BSOD While watching Youtube Videos: Hey all. For the past few months, I have had BSODs while watching youtube videos. It has happened on both Chrome and Edge, so I don't believe its the browser. I also watch Twitch a lot, and it has never happened while watching that. I've attached the logs as the forum...
  10. BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Crash while browsing or watching videos

BSOD (GreenSOD?) - Crash while browsing or watching videos: My issue doesn't really happen while playing games. It happened once while I was in a game. I simply spend more time not playing games, so imo it makes sense that this crash happens while I'm not playing games. I don't know. The primary display goes solid green and the...