Windows 10: Computer BSOD on returning to a restore point

Discus and support Computer BSOD on returning to a restore point in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I recently did a system restore from the recovery environment and everything broke. I cant even run a SFC /scannow or click reset this PC. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Owlman, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Owlman Win User

Computer BSOD on returning to a restore point

Hello I recently did a system restore from the recovery environment and everything broke. I cant even run a SFC /scannow or click reset this PC. I have another recovery thumb drive that has a live OS of that helps, so I have file access. The errors code im getting is critical process died. Also cant boot into safe mood

:)

Owlman, Apr 26, 2021
  2. Roan T Win User

the restore point

Hi Alvaro,

You can save the state of the operating system and your own files by
    creating a restore point, so that if future changes cause a problem, you can
    return them
    to previous versions and settings.

We suggest that you check the article below and follow the
    guidelines and steps under Restore from a system restore point.

Recovery options in Windows 10

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Apr 26, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Create restore point does not stop

Hi Nigel,

Restore points are usually saved in
    Local Disk (C), kindly check that the Local Disk (CComputer BSOD on returning to a restore point :) (System) is
    selected when creating a restore point. If it is correctly selected and the issue still persists, kindly go to the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    and check if the
    "Turn off Configuration"
    and
    "Turn off System Restore State"
    is set to
    Not configured. To do this, press
    Windows key + R, type
    GPEdit.msc
    and hit
    Enter. Go to the location
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > System Restore and check if both state is set to "Not configure".
    If it is set to the correct state, perform these troubleshooting:

Check Disk:

To do this, follow these steps:

• Access
      Command
      Prompt as
      Administrator.

• Type
      chkdsk /f /r
      and hit
      Enter.

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it 3 times):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel (after running DISM, run SFC again 3 times).

If the issue persists, kindly provide us the screenshot of the return message so that we can investigate this matter
    further.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 26, 2021
  4. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CComputer BSOD on returning to a restore point :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CComputer BSOD on returning to a restore point :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer BSOD on returning to a restore point - Similar Threads - Computer BSOD returning

2. Restore Points

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restore Points: My PC with Windows 10 used to set up a Restore Point after every Windows 10 daily Update, now it does not. How can I change that back to an automatic Restore Point after every Windows 10 daily Update?...
  3. Restore Point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore Point: hello everyone, I created a restore point before installing some display driver and now i think i need to go to old drivers.... i wanted to know if i used that restore point will i lose any packages that i installed after that restore point like opencv ,kera etc submitted by...
  4. Restore Point

Restore Point: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed and want to make a restore point but when I try to acess the app it says something like "windows cannot access the device, path of specific file. The user may not have the necessary permissions to access that item". Sorry, but I have the...
  5. BSOD After Using A Restore Point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD After Using A Restore Point: So I have a ASUS X550IK, I bought it 1.5 year ago and I haven't cleaned it since. Today, I used a restore point and after it was done, it restarted and boot me into a select account section but it doesn't show my account even though my account is signed in as administrator....
  6. restore point

restore point: restore to two months ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-point/b75193ce-d3b2-41ed-9f91-31bc2f3fe5fc
  7. Restore Points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Restore Points: -in- sI find no restore points and the configure window shows some thing is using that space all the time. I did a manual restore point and it was over written in a very short time.There is no name shown for this use.of the restore space. An others similar HP All-in-one...
  8. Cannot create a restore point

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create a restore point: I'm not sure I'm in the right place, but when I go to create a restore point I get a message: The restore point could not be created for the following reason: The writer experienced a transient error. If the backup process is retired, the error might not reoccur. Please try...
  9. restore points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    restore points: I keep regular images with Macrium Reflect, free. I create one manually with each new cumulative update. I also make a restore point each week. Due to their poor reliability record, would you say I am wasting my time with these restore points and to just rely upon Macrium?...
  10. Sound crackling during stress since returning to restore point

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound crackling during stress since returning to restore point: I recently had to return my computer to restore point that was like 2 weeks old. After that my sound has been crackling sometimes, especially when computer is under stress. (I am opening game or something) I have upgraded my Realtek drivers to newest version (first I...