Windows 10: Computer BSODs Very Often

Discus and support Computer BSODs Very Often in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Guys, I've been tearing my hair out for the past month trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer and I am running out of ideas, I saw someone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EJ__, Oct 3, 2020.

1. EJ__ Win User

Computer BSODs Very Often

Guys, I've been tearing my hair out for the past month trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer and I am running out of ideas, I saw someone post something similar here almost 10 years ago and they got helpful responses, so here I am.

I'll start with the specs of my computer.

CPU - Ryzen 5 1700x @ Stock 3.4GHz

Cooler - Cryorig M9a

GPU - EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 @ Stock No OC

Motherboard - Gigabyte Aorus B450 M

RAM - 32GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3200MHz XMP in BIOS

Storage 1 w/ OS - 250GB Corsair Force MP500 M.2 NVMe SSD

Storage 2 w/ Games - 1TB Western Digital M.2 SATA SSD

Storage 3 w/ Everything else - 3TB Seagate Barracude 2TB NTFS

PSU - EVGA Supernova G2 650W 80+ Gold

Case - Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

So what's wrong with it?

Well, I noticed it all probably about a month or 2 ago when I started messing around with overclocking my components. I messed around with everything, I was able to get a stable GPU OC but my processor failed the silicone lottery by a long shot and I couldn't OC it AT ALL without it crashing, so that stayed stock. Somewhere between then and now, something went wrong and I've been experiencing BSODs pretty much randomly but often and it's very frustrating.

It happens mostly while gaming, but only while playing certain games, I am able to play Modern Warfare for an indefinite amount of time without any problems, but recently I started playing the new horror game, Phasmaphobia and I crash every single time I play, I am lucky to get an hour without a BSOD.

Finally decided to try and diagnose it and here are all the things I have tried.

-Practically rebuilt my whole PC, took everything out, cleaned it all out, re applied thermal paste, dusted, reseated everything back into proper position.

-Completely wiped my computer, all drives, and windows, and reinstalled W10 onto my computer and started 100% fresh.

-Took off ALL OCs on every component, including my XMP profile for my ram, which brought it down to 2133MHz from 3200MHz.

-AFAIK, all my drivers are completely up to date, updated my BIOS to the most recent version, GPU drivers are up to date.

-Virus scan picks up nothing Windows Defender, seeing that I just recently installed Windows again, I can't imagine it's a virus.

-Ran the CMD disk scan and repaired all Windows file just in case of corruption and was told every time that everything was working fine.

What's SUPER weird, is I was even able to run multiple stress tests on my GPU and it never crashed. Yet once I start actually playing a game, I crash.

Using BlueScreenView, I was able to locate what seems to be causing my BSODs, so here is what I have discovered, but I don't quite understand how to diagnose it.

My BSOD string is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

The 3 files that are causing the crash are 'fileinfo.sys', 'Ntfs.sys', and 'ntoskrnl.exe'.

So yeah, I an on the brink of actual insanity, been dodging around BSODs on this computer for a 2 months now, and I just want it to work properly again.

:)

EJ__, Oct 3, 2020
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Donna Men Win User
    BSOD issue after fixing another BSOD error

Hi Williams,

There are several reasons why BSOD occur, which has different resolution. To check for any corruption or the integrity of your computer's Windows, we suggest that you perform a
    Check Disk by following these steps:

• Type cmd in the search bar.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt, then Run as administrator.
    • Type chkdsk x: /r, the /r command will fix errors found on the disk.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Donna Men, Oct 3, 2020
  4. cplpro Win User

7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Computer BSODs Very Often :)

cplpro, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer BSODs Very Often - Similar Threads - Computer BSODs Very

2. Bsod happens very often

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod happens very often: Hello, I have bsod very often, like really, and it can happen randomly. After I used verifier, I wasn't able to load in my pc, I had to restore to my previous point. Could someone help me with it? I would really appreciate it.I will share minidump file here :...
  3. Bsod happens very often

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod happens very often: Hello, I have bsod very often, like really, and it can happen randomly. After I used verifier, I wasn't able to load in my pc, I had to restore to my previous point. Could someone help me with it? I would really appreciate it.I will share minidump file here :...
  4. Bsod happens very often

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION very often

BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION very often: I'm experiencing very often the BSOD with error code DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION while using my desktop Windows 10. I'd like to know if it is a Hardware or Software issue in order to solve this, but I don't know how to do.I created some minidumps and complete memory dumps but...
  6. Computer crashes very often

Computer crashes very often: Hello, I built my first pc under a week ago and it has recently been restarting with this error code A fatal hardware error has occurred. Reported by component: Processor Core Error Source: Machine Check Exception Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error Processor APIC ID:...
  7. computer crashing very often

computer crashing very often: Hi; thank s for any help. i am strugling to get my computer working normaly. i have tried all i could do and it steel crashing..this is the kind of thing it is telling me from report crashes, looking in dumpfile.iastorak.syst orntkrnlmp.exe orntoskrnl.exe are the faulty...
  8. BSOD Very often.

BSOD Very often.: So, I updated my windows and installed a New SSD and Ram. Now I'm getting BSOD very often, like every 30 min If I play games or 2 hrs browsing web. I have created a minidump but I don't know how to analyze it myself. please help if you can. Thank you. Mini Dump File...
  9. BSOD not often, but very random

BSOD not often, but very random: A while ago I realized that my intel i7-9700kf wasn't boost clocking to ~4.9 GHz like it was advertised, but instead was locked at 3.6 GHz. Upon looking at device manager, I noticed I got yellow triangles around my processors, so I followed some guides which involved...
  10. Getting BSOD on Windows 10 very often

Getting BSOD on Windows 10 very often: So I am getting the dreaded BSOD on my quite new computer all the time. It can be when trying to import 360 videos, when exiting a newer game or using an office program (word, excel etc). I have done tests on my RAM, which found no errors. I have also run the sfc check which...