Windows 10: Computer Camera "not found" error

Discus and support Computer Camera "not found" error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I try to use my computer camera and it displays the following error and the camera "on" indicator continues to blink on and off. error code... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RayTovar1, Mar 17, 2020.

1. RayTovar1 Win User

Computer Camera "not found" error

I try to use my computer camera and it displays the following error and the camera "on" indicator continues to blink on and off.

error code

0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

:)

RayTovar1, Mar 17, 2020

2. Laptop Camera

Thanks for providing the results after completing the steps we provided. Since you're still getting the error message “Your camera cannot be found” along with the error code "0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED)", we suggest that you follow the steps below
    to reset the Camera app on your Windows 10 computer:

• Press the Windows Key + I to open the Settings app.
    • From the options presented select System, then click on
      Apps & features
      located on the left pane.
    • Locate the Camera app from the list and select it.
    • Select the Advanced options link and then choose Reset.
    • When the pop-up notification is shown just click on the Reset
      button once more.
    • Once all the steps are complete, kindly reboot your computer.

Completing this steps will clear the cache of the Camera app and allow it to re-recognize any video capture devices connected to your computer.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    camera orientation

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums?

1. Did you notice any changes prior to this issue?
    2. What is the exact model of the computer?
    3. What is the error you get when you launch the app?

Meanwhile I suggest to refer to the steps mentioned in the link and let us know if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13753/windows-10-can-not-find-or-start-the-camera

Please get back to us with the required information, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Computer Camera "not found" error

Laptop Camera

Thanks for updating us on the results of the troubleshooting steps that you have completed. Since the built-in webcam is still not working correctly and the same error code 0xA00F4244 (0xC00DABED) is still appearing, we suggest that we check the camera privacy
    settings to see if the camera access is turned on. Kindly follow the steps below to check the camera privacy settings:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
    • Near the top of the Settings app window is the search box, kindly type the word "webcam" or "camera".
    • From the list of results choose Camera privacy settings.
    • Make sure that "Let apps use my camera" toggle is set to On.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Computer Camera "not found" error

1. Computer Camera "not found" error - Similar Threads - Computer Camera found

2. Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244: I recently turned to windows 11. The in-built camera on my Dell inspiron 15 3000 Camera is not found. Is this model compatible with Windows 11?Every time uninstalling camera drivers from device manager, whenever there is new windows that day camera is working fine, next I am...
  3. Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244: I recently turned to windows 11. The in-built camera on my Dell inspiron 15 3000 Camera is not found. Is this model compatible with Windows 11?Every time uninstalling camera drivers from device manager, whenever there is new windows that day camera is working fine, next I am...
  4. camera not found

camera not found: No camera found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-not-found/2dfb3e3b-c770-4d10-b0d3-f5e127169cd0
  5. Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244: I recently turned to windows 11. The in-built camera on my HP 15-EF1013DX - HP True Vision 720 HD Camera is not found. Is this model compatible with Windows 11? Can I still revert to Windows 10? Kindly Advice....
  6. Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244

Camera not found. Error 0xA00F4244: I recently turned to windows 11. The in-built camera on my HP 15-EF1013DX - HP True Vision 720 HD Camera is not found. Is this model compatible with Windows 11? Can I still revert to Windows 10? Kindly Advice....
  7. Error code OxAooF4244 Camera not found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error code OxAooF4244 Camera not found: I have two Canon Cameras which windows 10 cannot find. Have tried different ubs ports and security is not keeping system from working. All help will be appreciated....
  8. Camera not found

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Camera not found: I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5568, have had it for years. For the past several months, when there's a Windows update, it deletes the camera from Device Manager. This time I haven't been able to reinstall it. When I try, I get a message that says it's installed - but it isn't....
  9. camera not found error

camera not found error: it shows 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAttached> error and even the led is not turning on when i open the camera app I have tried to check for updates in device manager but there is no trace of camera or imaging devices please anyone help with this?...
  10. Camera not found

Camera not found: I accidentally clicked on "Block" when a pop-up showed up on Skype saying something about the camera being used by an unknown program so I should block it for security reasons. Now, I get this message (check the image) whenever I open the camera app. I've already tried all...