Windows 10: Computer Can not find my samsung mobile hotspot in wifi list

Discus and support Computer Can not find my samsung mobile hotspot in wifi list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I recently purchased a windows 10 laptop because i needed something mobile. When at home it connects to my homes wifi no problem, but when i leave... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PierceMagana, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Computer Can not find my samsung mobile hotspot in wifi list

Hi I recently purchased a windows 10 laptop because i needed something mobile. When at home it connects to my homes wifi no problem, but when i leave the house and need access to the internet i have hotspot on my samsung s8+. When ever i try to connect my computer to my phones hotspot it doesnt show in the list of available wifi networks. I thought maybe it could be my phone but no, every device in my home can pick up my phones hotspot and connect no problem, except my windows 10 laptop which doesnt even show it in the available wifi networks. im not sure if i have something turned off on my computer preventing it from picking up mobile hotspots but i need my laptop to have access to the internet outside of the home. I want to make clear im not trying to use my computer as a hotspot (share a wifi network that my computer is already connected too) but I am trying to connect my laptop to a hotspot.. I have found many people asking this question and receiving information on how to turn their computer into hotspot that is not the information i'm looking for. I need information on why my windows 10 laptop can not find my samsung s10+ hotspot.

Thank you for your time in helping resolve this matter.

:)

PierceMagana, Mar 15, 2019
  2. unisus21 Win User

No Home Wifi Listed

I'm facing a problem regarding my home wifi..it's not listed on my wifi section..but when someone make a wifi hotspot through mobile data, it pick it up and listed..but not my home wifi..my computer acer aspire 4715z with broadcom 802.11g driver adapter listed..I tried bunch of method yet still zero result..is there any solutions out there..

unisus21, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Error "The wifi network .... didn't respond" when using PC as mobile hotspot

Original title:- Use my PC as a mobile hotspot

When my PC has a cellular data connection, I want to turn it into a mobile hotspot to share my connection with other devices.

To do this I follow these steps.

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Network & Internet
      > Mobile hotspot.

• Select Edit, enter a new network name and password, and then select
      Save.

• Turn on the control under Mobile hotspot to share your cellular data connection.
    After that I enter my Password to my nokia lumia 925 phone and try to connect to my new wifi network.

But it says "The wifi network .... didn't respond"

• I enter my password correctly.
    • Turn of my wifi in pc

William A Nadeeshani, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Computer Can not find my samsung mobile hotspot in wifi list

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Not working

Hi,

Your Bluetooth connection may be enabled which prevents you from setting up your mobile hotspot. To have this addressed, we suggest turning off the Bluetooth connection and see if you're able to set up your mobile hotspot. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Devices.
    • Click Bluetooth, then toggle it OFF.

Once done, check if you can now turn on your computer's mobile hotspot. Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Computer Can not find my samsung mobile hotspot in wifi list

1. Computer Can not find my samsung mobile hotspot in wifi list - Similar Threads - Computer find samsung

2. Can't find mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't find mobile hotspot: So here is the thing when I press the network icon, only airplane mode shows up. I can't find mobile hotspot or WiFi anywhere. I can open up the settings and turn on mobile hotspot from there, but there is no name or password option below it, so it doesn't show up on my...
  3. Can't find mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't find mobile hotspot: So here is the thing when I press the network icon, only airplane mode shows up. I can't find mobile hotspot or WiFi anywhere. I can open up the settings and turn on mobile hotspot from there, but there is no name or password option below it, so it doesn't show up on my...
  4. Can't find mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.: when I connect my samsung mobile phone to my W10 desktop PC I only see "MTP" device when looking to a device list. On my laptop it comes in the drive list and I can access the phone. I seem to miss drivers. What can I do? Windows uodates autonaticly...
  6. no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no samsung connected mobile phone in the device list.: when I connect my samsung mobile phone to my W10 desktop PC I only see "MTP" device when looking to a device list. On my laptop it comes in the drive list and I can access the phone. I seem to miss drivers. What can I do? Windows uodates autonaticly...
  7. laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot

laptop wifi is not connecting to mobile hotspot: Hi, I am not able to connect my laptop with mobile hotspot. kindly suggest the steps to solve the issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-wifi-is-not-connecting-to-mobile-hotspot/693fac1a-add2-4e83-b68f-59f990b2490b
  8. My computer is generating a WiFi network with Mobile Hotspot turned off

My computer is generating a WiFi network with Mobile Hotspot turned off: When I check the available WiFi networks on my phone, there's one called DIRECT-VJ[My Computer Name]msJA. This network does not appear in my computer's available WiFi networks so I think it's safe to assume that it's generated by my computer. As I said, Mobile Hotspot is...
  9. My Mobile Hotspot

My Mobile Hotspot: I used to use my mobile hotspot without any issue then suddenly each time i try to connect to it, it shows failed to obtain IP address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mobile-hotspot/013cb648-dd11-4cff-88d3-16d362ee3ecb
  10. can not access mobile hotspot

can not access mobile hotspot: When ever i update my windows then after I unable to access mobile hotspot option. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-access-mobile-hotspot/98d7c862-d62f-4320-9bf7-f0c8cb1d99b6