Windows 10: Computer cannot be closed down

Discus and support Computer cannot be closed down in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After a comprehensive Microsoft update ( 90 min.) the computer cannot be closed down, although the update was confirmed as successfully completed. At... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by u.u.kruse, Aug 22, 2019.

1. u.u.kruse Win User

Computer cannot be closed down

After a comprehensive Microsoft update ( 90 min.) the computer

cannot be closed down, although the update was confirmed as

successfully completed. At the end of the run down process the

computer starts again automatically and can only be halted by cutting

off current supply.

When engaged the program ( W. 10) works perfectly.

[moved from German forums]

:)

u.u.kruse, Aug 22, 2019

2. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

Hi Shari,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please follow the methods mentioned below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.

• Select on Control Panel.

• Click on Power Options. On the left, click on "Choose what closing the lid does". Click on the drop down menu for "When I close the lid" and choose "Sleep" or "Hibernate.

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to
    reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Win 10 - computer won't lock or sleep when lid is closed

JoshuaOsandatuwa, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Computer cannot be closed down

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

Computer cannot be closed down

1. Computer cannot be closed down - Similar Threads - Computer cannot closed

2. How to find program that closed down computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3
  3. How to find program that closed down computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find program that closed down computer: Is there a specific command from the Command Prompt by which one can find a program that last closed down the laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-find-program-that-closed-down-computer/c99e42b6-7b70-4ffb-a41c-67f85dc684d3
  4. Closing the lid of my laptop results in computer shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Closing the lid of my laptop results in computer shut down: Hi to the forumThe last few days my laptop started to behave abnormally. Whenever I try to lower or even touch the angle of the lid when open it immediately starts shutting down! My power settings have been forever set so that closing the lid would put the laptop in sleep...
  5. cannot shut down computer

cannot shut down computer: New computer - Asus Prime Z390 - A motherboard, intel LGA1151 processor, 16 gb ram, new ss hd w/ fresh windows 10 installed. I run troubleshooter for power, internet connections, windows 10 etc. Unchecked fast start up - reviewed numerous help forums - tried everything...
  6. MS detected malware on computer-threatening to close down MSO

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS detected malware on computer-threatening to close down MSO: Hi. Checking to see if the phone calls and pop up window notice warning me that my computer is infected with malware and if I don't call a number or click on the link in the pop up window that MS will be forced to delete my MS account. Is this real? I treat all this stuff as...
  7. Google+ Closing Down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google+ Closing Down: Just got email from Google telling me that, as a user, they wish to inform me that google+ is closing down in April. I have looked all over but cant tell if this includes Google Drive, as I pay for storage of thousands of images. 126500
  8. Closing down

Closing down: When I click close, message says 'closing down' but then clicks back on a second later. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/closing-down/cb60a79a-1a5b-4c1c-ac1c-b7e46b5cac35
  9. closing down problem

closing down problem: when closing down the laptop I get this box popping up with this message inside: google search return googledrivesync.exe application error the instruction at 0*000000003BB5B30 referenced memory at 0*FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF could not be read...
  10. Computer shuts down when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer shuts down when lid is closed: My computer doesn't suspend or hibernate when I close the lid no matter which configurations I set on power options. It always shuts down the computer. If I click the power button before closing the lid, it suspends but when I close the lid he shuts down. I've tried to update...