Windows 10: Computer cannot exit sleep mode and restarts automatically after a while

Discus and support Computer cannot exit sleep mode and restarts automatically after a while in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing two problems not quite sure if they are connected. The first is that whenever my desktop pc is under sleep mode it cannot wake up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Dimman_88, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Dimman_88 Win User

Computer cannot exit sleep mode and restarts automatically after a while

Hi,

I am facing two problems not quite sure if they are connected. The first is that whenever my desktop pc is under sleep mode it cannot wake up through my wireless mouse and keyboard. The second problem is that after the pc is on sleep mode it restarts on its own after a while.

Setting that i have applied are:

• On power plan hybrid sleep is off
    • Usb selective suspend setting is off
    • Both mouse and keyboard are allowed to wake up the computer

Thanks in advance!

:)

Dimman_88, Apr 5, 2020
  2. kn00tcn Win User

Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Apr 5, 2020
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

Whenever my pc enters sleep mode,it restarts after existing sleep mode. This is bad.
    It only happens if it stays in sleep mode for more then 5 minutes.
    I have researched the matter,and found different solutions.None ,work for me.Reason why i am asking here for your help.
    What is did. I have tweaked the settings in Control panel: Power Options.
    I have also went to manager and pull up properties on the mouse, keyboard, and network cards. In each I have accessed the Power Management tab and unchecked the "Allow to wake computer" box. This did not help.
    Here are my settings.

Computer cannot exit sleep mode and restarts automatically after a while [​IMG]

Cvrk, Apr 5, 2020
  4. HB1979 Win User

Laptop restarts after exiting sleep mode in Windows 10

Hi,

My laptop automatically reboots after exiting sleep mode. Its really annoying.

My laptop goes into sleep mode when I close the lid. I've now turned off sleep mode and when I close the lid the computer just keeps running. When I open the lid, it doesnt even ask me for a password like the previous Windows version.

HB1979, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer cannot exit sleep mode and restarts automatically after a while - Similar Threads - Computer cannot exit

2. Computer restarts after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer restarts after sleep: whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have tried:powercfg/lastwake shows nothingclean boot didn't helpPlease help me out...
  3. Computer restarts after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer restarts after sleep: whenever I put my pc to sleep after a few minutes it just restarts. I read other posts related to this. So I have tried:powercfg/lastwake shows nothingclean boot didn't helpPlease help me out...
  4. My PC automatically restart after few minutes on sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC automatically restart after few minutes on sleep mode.: I have just updated from windows 10 to windows 11 and I've facing a problem that every time when I press the power button to put my laptop on the sleep mode after few minutes, the system automatically restart. Please help me....
  5. Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode: Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode.I'll close my laptop to put it to sleep while I go do something / overnightand when I open it back up, it has restarted and closed everything.The battery did not died, for reference/contextLuckily most things auto-save. Except...
  6. Cannot exit safe mode

Cannot exit safe mode: Hi, today while i was editing something in adobe photoshop the program stopped working and while y was trying to close it everything just frozed and my monitor turned black, i waited like 15 minutes and forced it to turn off, when i turned it back on it just entered safe mode...
  7. Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode

Computer restarts after wakes up on sleep mode: Hello dear Sir/Madam, I hope you are doing well. I recently, after one of the optional updates in Sept. 2020, whenever my laptop goes on sleep mode using power button or closing the lid and then I want to resume my work where I left off. Suddenly, laptop restarts and...
  8. Cannot Exit Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot Exit Safe Mode: I used msconfig and selected start my computer in safe mode. I restarted my laptop and it requires a password. I tried every password I have ever used and it does not work. I have tried resetting the password through my phone but safe mode does not access internet so that...
  9. Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode

Sluggish computer and sound skipping after exiting sleep mode: I just upgraded the PC from an Intel 4690k to a Ryzen 5 3600. So, new motherboard, cpu, and ram but kept the old hard drive, video card, power supply. After the PC exits sleep mode, it is sluggish with the mouse sort of skipping across the screen during movement. Sound...
  10. Cannot exit safe mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot exit safe mode.: I somehow managed to lock myself into safe mode. I restart and I am back in safe mode. I always logged in with a PIN but the safe mode won't let me and is asking me for my local password which I do not know....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. have to power computer off on after sleep mode